2017 Usports off-season Recruiting

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
This doesn't surprise me too much, super nice guy, but the program has been below average in the AUS since 2009 and mainly after Serge took over.

They seemed to be filled with more and more Tier II junior players rather than Q players as each year goes by. Interest in the Aigles Bleues seems to have faded a bit in the home attendance as well, could the Alumni have stepped in?

It doesn't surprise me either...outside of an AUS Finals/University Cup appearance in 2012, they have largely been a middle-to-bottom tier team the last 8 or 9 years.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
"Moncton has been very frustrated lately with their inability to recruit top-end francophone talent. UNB has become a popular spot, and the Aigles Bleus are frustrated with the fact that UQTR is taking something like 10 QMJHLers and don't have a roster cap."

I just thought that this was worth repeating!

Hopefully the cap issue is revisited this summer.

Dutch

May 17, 2006
Trois-Rivières
"Moncton has been very frustrated lately with their inability to recruit top-end francophone talent. UNB has become a popular spot, and the Aigles Bleus are frustrated with the fact that UQTR is taking something like 10 QMJHLers and don't have a roster cap."

Not only UQTR, but Concordia and McGill have become mostly french teams. Ottawa's back and even Carleton has a couple of Quebecers.

AdamMcg83

Oct 12, 2011
www.twitter.com

Shouldn't this actually flip the scales towards Moncton at some point? They should be using the roster cap as the ultimate marketing tool for players: ice time. Want to go to Les Patriotes and spend half your games in the press box, behind two dozen other major junior grads?

In fact, I'm sure many of the AUS coaches and recruiters employ this very tactic. it's hard *not* to get ice time with a roster cap.

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
Unb

Tyler Boland Rimouski, who put up 48 g 55 a 103 puts in the Q this season is rumoured to be headed the the army. I can still see this kid getting some pro interest.
He finished second in league scoring, during the 2016-17 season.

Prov1X

Feb 26, 2012
Fredericton NB
Didn't want to start a new thread just for this, and it does sorta fall in this category (I know, I am stretching that), but Les Aigles are announcing their new men's hockey coach this morning.

Judes Vallée has been announced as the new head coach for Les Aigles Bleu. Former Sherbrooke Phoenix coach

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad