2017 U18 World Championship

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
13 – 23 April in Slovakia.

How will the team look like? Can we win gold?

My guess:

Isac Lundeström - Rickard Hugg - Lukas Elvenes
Filip Sveningsson - Emil Bemström - Nils Höglander
Marcus Sylvegård - Kalle Miketinac - Lukas Wernblom (POWER-line)
Oliwer Fjellström/Linus Andersson - Filip Hållander - Fabian Zetterlund

Erik Brännström - Timothy Liljegren
Rasmus Dahlin - Filip Westerlund
Tom Hedberg - Adam Boqvist

Olle Eriksson Ek
Adam Ã…hman

I guess no TV will broadcast as usual, to bad. TV-pucken and J20-playoffs gets broadcasted, so why not this tournament which is even bigger.

Last edited:

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
13 – 23 April in Slovakia.

My guess:

Isac Lundeström - Rickard Hugg - Lukas Elvenes
Filip Sveningsson - Emil Bemström - Nils Höglander
Marcus Sylvegård - Kalle Miketinac - Lukas Wernblom (POWER-line)
Oliwer Fjellström/Linus Andersson - Filip Hållander - Fabian Zetterlund

Timothy Liljegren - Filip Westerlund
Rasmus Dahlin - Erik Brännström
Adam Boqvist - Rasmus Sandin

Olle Eriksson Ek
Adam Ã…hman

I guess no TV will broadcast as usual, to bad. TV-pucken and J20-playoffs gets broadcasted, so why not this tournament which is even bigger.

Tom Hedberg will probably play if avaible. I'd also like to see Oscar Pettersson get a shot, one of Modo J20s best players throughout the season. But i guess Max Tjernström will be picked instead as usual, which isn't too bad though. Really good defensive center.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Tom Hedberg will probably play if avaible. I'd also like to see Oscar Pettersson get a shot, one of Modo J20s best players throughout the season. But i guess Max Tjernström will be picked instead as usual, which isn't too bad though. Really good defensive center.

I'd like to see the coaches for the national teams try more players during the season. There are some good players out there who could make this team if they got the chance to showcase themselves. A player like Eric Aterius will very likely make the team and be on the PP, there are a ton of guys who could replace him.

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
Anton Björkman has been a regular with the 99 team, would be surprised if he was left out. Still, this team has some serious competition on the D.

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
I'd like to see the coaches for the national teams try more players during the season. There are some good players out there who could make this team if they got the chance to showcase themselves. A player like Eric Aterius will very likely make the team and be on the PP, there are a ton of guys who could replace him.

Very true! Oscar Pettersson should have made his debut already imo. I'm sure theres more of them aswell.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
The D could be insane good, IF everyone would play, but probably many will be busy with the playoffs. I suspect we at least will play without dahlin and westerlund, and even if they come, the forwards feels to weak. Kind of the oposite to last year, then the forwards where good, but the d was weak.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014

Streams can maybe be available, and they did actually showed the final on tv last year, when we did our worst game in the tournament.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
13 – 23 april in slovakia.

My guess:

Isac lundeström - rickard hugg - lukas elvenes
filip sveningsson - emil bemström - nils höglander
marcus sylvegård - kalle miketinac - lukas wernblom (power-line)
oliwer fjellström/linus andersson - filip hållander - fabian zetterlund

erik brännström - timothy liljegren
rasmus dahlin - filip westerlund
tom hedberg - adam boqvist

olle eriksson ek
adam Ã…hman

i guess no tv will broadcast as usual, to bad. Tv-pucken and j20-playoffs gets broadcasted, so why not this tournament which is even bigger.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Things are looking pretty good for this team I must say, not the first time the U18 team has done well in this February 5 nations tournament though. Jakob Olofsson should be on this team, he had a strong tournament as an underager and so did Wernblom. Wanted to see more forwards get on the scoresheet, the biggest weakness of this team seems to be the lack of finish.

The defense looks really good and it's going to be even better with Dahlin on the team. Liljegren and Brännström created pressure everytime they were both on the ice, should be paired together IMO. I liked Själlin and Westerlund as well. Adam Boqvist should at least be invited to camp (if there is one), this weekend he put on one of the best shows I've seen by a Swedish junior player in an international tournament.

And yeah, Bendelin confirms this tournament will be on TV: https://www.hockeymagasinet.com/article/gladjebeskdet-u18-vm-sands-pa-tv

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Saw only one of the games but based on the people I talked to:

Locks:

Ã…hman
Eriksson Ek

Brännström
Liljegren
Ginning
Westerlund
Dahlin

Hugg
Miketinac
Lundeström
Elvenes
Bemström
Olofsson
Gustafsson
Zetterlund
Wernblom
Sylvegård
Johansson

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Any time there's a superstar in the making they gotta put them down to earth or discredit their abilities with some imaginary group crap. Same thing no matter if it's been Karlsson, William Nylander, Alexander Nylander, Rasmus Dahlin. Rasmus seems like a great kid and a well liked guy by teammates, dont think he would come in and grab all the attention in the locker room and change things. On the ice of course but there's not much bad about that.

Look at Finland, Heiskanen goes out and he plays the next day.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Any time there's a superstar in the making they gotta put them down to earth or discredit their abilities with some imaginary group crap. Same thing no matter if it's been Karlsson, William Nylander, Alexander Nylander, Rasmus Dahlin. Rasmus seems like a great kid and a well liked guy by teammates, dont think he would come in and grab all the attention in the locker room and change things. On the ice of course but there's not much bad about that.

Look at Finland, Heiskanen goes out and he plays the next day.

Panic move after losing to Slovakia in the exhibition game. Gonna look awful if Frölunda loses tomorrow.

I also don't understand why Boqvist made this team if Westerlund and Själlin are going to be used on the PP ahead of him. Doubt this forward group is strong enough for this team to medal anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->