2017 Training Camp Discussion

cobra427

May 6, 2012
It's also my fear that they'll make him kill too many penalties once again. Very little experience among the coaching staff. Rieder is way too experienced and consistent to play with Strome whose line shouldn't see too much action. If lines stays like that, I expect the 4th line of Cousins to play significantly more than the Strome line who should mostly get some quality minutes and offensive zone starts.

Rieder is their best PK forward. Also, while I think Rieder could be a 40+ point forward, he's not a 60 point guy so no need to rest him on the PK. Who else are they going to play on the PK anyway?

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I
Thank you! I was concerned about him being pushed down the depth chart too.
Hinterland brings up a good point, I forgot to mention the injury, it's worth considering. I don't play fantasy so I don't know how the scoring works, but I would expect a dip in scoring and probably shots. It may be worth looking into how much PP time affected his numbers last year, I just don't see him getting nearly as much this year.

That "is strome a bust" thread on the main boards wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. Lots of mentions on how long johanson and spezza took to develop, also schiefle was mentioned.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I

Hinterland brings up a good point, I forgot to mention the injury, it's worth considering. I don't play fantasy so I don't know how the scoring works, but I would expect a dip in scoring and probably shots. It may be worth looking into how much PP time affected his numbers last year, I just don't see him getting nearly as much this year.

That "is strome a bust" thread on the main boards wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. Lots of mentions on how long johanson and spezza took to develop, also schiefle was mentioned.
I think Rieders point production will go up this year, not down.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Depends on how deep your pool is and what categories you have. Mines pretty deep and I wouldn't want Rieder :laugh:
But if he's 100% he'll definitely play heavy minutes again, no matter on what line he plays (again, I think he should play with Dvorak and Stepan only but you never know). Coyotes better hope that he didn't lose a step. They need him to play minutes. The guys who left the team played a lot and got replaced by rookies only.

We drafted 220 forwards (points only pool) and I'm trying to replace a potential chronic back injury Stempniak with either Rieder or Derek Ryan. Not much to choose from. The only other player near .4 P/PG is Colin Wilson but he's going to be on the 3rd/4th line in Colorado. I think I'll take a chance with Rieder and hope he plays top 6 minutes plenty. Thanks!

Reactions: CoyotesFan18

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I

He hardly got PP-time or offensive zone starts last season...despite being one of the most effective forwards. I think that should change that season. If they're smart, they bring in an additional PK guy and give Rieder regular PP minutes. They don't have better options anyway...especially if they send down Strome.

Regarding the injury...I don't know how he looked. Haven't seen enough of him so I'm not gonna say anything about it. All I'm saying is that skating is an important aspect of his game. He'll probably be fine but you never know.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I think Rieders point production will go up this year, not down.

If he's healthy and gets used the way he should (more offensive zone starts and PP-time) then absolutely. It's also a contract year for him. I definitely expect him to play a good season. If he doesn't, then the team is screwed. That's for sure.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
We drafted 220 forwards (points only pool) and I'm trying to replace a potential chronic back injury Stempniak with either Rieder or Derek Ryan. Not much to choose from. The only other player near .4 P/PG is Colin Wilson but he's going to be on the 3rd/4th line in Colorado. I think I'll take a chance with Rieder and hope he plays top 6 minutes plenty. Thanks!

Rieder is a much better player than he is in Fantasy but I'd take him over Ryan any day of the year:laugh:

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Stepan will be the new captain
OEL assistant
Unknown on the other, my guess would be Richardson

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
For the record just relaying info, so don't hold me to it

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
OEL assistant
I like it on the face of it. My only reservation would be a missed opportunity to kiss OEL's butt. Stepan seems like a great captain but we need to give OEL every reason to stay.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I like it on the face of it. My only reservation would be a missed opportunity to kiss OEL's butt. Stepan seems like a great captain but we need to give OEL every reason to stay.

If he only stays as a Captain then he might as well just piss off! If he doesn't want to stay then just trade him to the Isles for Tavares:dm:

Btw: I'm still against giving letters to new players...let alone a C.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Rieder is their best PK forward. Also, while I think Rieder could be a 40+ point forward, he's not a 60 point guy so no need to rest him on the PK. Who else are they going to play on the PK anyway?

I agree. We need Rieder on the PK, big time.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
OEL assistant

I could live with that, but I would like to see OEL captain. He has been here through thick and thin and has been taught by one of the best.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
How do you reply to multiple posts at one time? I got hell a while back, but now I don't know how to do it with this new system. Help.:(

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
I could live with that, but I would like to see OEL captain. He has been here through thick and thin and has been taught by one of the best.

I hear ya man, I agree too. Very well still could be. Hearing it’s Step, though.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
The new way is kind of annoying TBH. Press +Quote on each one you want to quote.

Then at the bottom press insert quotes. Just close the next window that pops up.

Then the quotes should appear.

@Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I hear ya man, I agree too. Very well still could be. Hearing it’s Step, though.

The new way is kind of annoying TBH. Press +Quote on each one you want to quote.

Then at the bottom press insert quotes. Just close the next window that pops up.

@Jakey53

I did it. A real pain though.

Reactions: SniperHF

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I didn't mean to give you hell last time chief, i was just trying to help a brotha out.

How do you reply to multiple posts at one time? I got hell a while back, but now I don't know how to do it with this new system. Help.:(

@Jakey53

I did it. A real pain though.

Nope. Same shenanigans.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Huh, I don't find the extra button push that bad. I prefer the last system where it was automatic, but meh, I doubt I'll even think about the difference in a few weeks.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida

I had been clicking +Quote then Reply to quote people. I just tried this method, and about 100 quoted posts showed up in my reply box.

Mercifully I did not hit the "Post Reply" button... though I did just learn that hitting the +Quote button first is redundant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad