2017 Trades, Questionable Rumours and Free Agency April 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
You have to expose 2 forwards and 1 defenseman, right? Eric Fehr and Josh Leivo most likely exposed. Marincin for Defense exposed.

-Trade JVR.
-I would personally demote Hyman because I think he's trash.
-Trade for Matt dumba.
-Resign Polak.
-Resign Boyle

Rychel-Bozak-Marner
Komarov-Kadri-Kapanen
Brown-Mathews-Nylander
Martin-Boyle-Soshnikov
Hyman

Rielly-Dumba
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Polak
Carrick
Hunwick

What yall think?

There is no way Hyman goes straight out of the lineup. As much as people hate him on the top line with Matthews, he's still one of the leagues best forecheckers, scores enough to stick in the NHL, and is an excellent PKer. Soshnikov would easily sit in favour of him.

Also, Dermott and Polak coming in next year is a long shot. Dermott will likely get another year in the AHL, while Polak will probably get a nice cushy deal elsewhere (depending on his injury). Carrick or Marchenko (who should be in your lineup somewhere) will be on the bottom pairing. Marincin and Hunwick the same for the left side.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
You have to expose 2 forwards and 1 defenseman, right? Eric Fehr and Josh Leivo most likely exposed. Marincin for Defense exposed.

-Trade JVR.
-I would personally demote Hyman because I think he's trash.
-Trade for Matt dumba.
-Resign Polak.
-Resign Boyle

Rychel-Bozak-Marner
Komarov-Kadri-Kapanen
Brown-Mathews-Nylander
Martin-Boyle-Soshnikov
Hyman

Rielly-Dumba
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Polak
Carrick
Hunwick

What yall think?

I think Babcock will disagree with you on Hyman.

Unless there is a major acquisition or another rookie is absolutely dominate, I don't see a change in:

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
and
Komarov-Kadri-Brown

JVR-Bozak-Marner line needs to be looked at.

If Boyle goes, does Gauthier play center or do we acquire someone?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
There is no way Hyman goes straight out of the lineup. As much as people hate him on the top line with Matthews, he's still one of the leagues best forecheckers, scores enough to stick in the NHL, and is an excellent PKer. Soshnikov would easily sit in favour of him.

Also, Dermott and Polak coming in next year is a long shot. Dermott will likely get another year in the AHL, while Polak will probably get a nice cushy deal elsewhere (depending on his injury). Carrick or Marchenko (who should be in your lineup somewhere) will be on the bottom pairing. Marincin and Hunwick the same for the left side.

Couple of things

-I know Hyman wont be demoted, but I clearly stated that it was my preference. His forechecking is massively overrated. There's ton's of players who can forecheck like HYman but the only difference being they have some sort of offensive skill. A highschool hockey player has more offensive skill then Hyman. In my opinion Sosh >>>>>> Hyman

-I also dont believe dermott will be making the leafs, but there were a lot of fans who have him in the lineup, i though id do the same. Id expect Hunwick to make it again.

-Polak loves Toronto and Babcock likes Polak. THere's a legitimate chance he comes back. So dont just brush that off

-Marincin is straight garbage. He will be exposed to the draft. No way he comes back.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Couple of things

-I know Hyman wont be demoted, but I clearly stated that it was my preference. His forechecking is massively overrated. There's ton's of players who can forecheck like HYman but the only difference being they have some sort of offensive skill. A highschool hockey player has more offensive skill then Hyman. In my opinion Sosh >>>>>> Hyman

If that's your preference then ok. Sosh doesn't appear to be more than a bottom guy to me. IMO.

-I also dont believe dermott will be making the leafs, but there were a lot of fans who have him in the lineup, i though id do the same. Id expect Hunwick to make it again.

I think he will spend another year with the Marlies and we will acquire a D (or 2).

-Polak loves Toronto and Babcock likes Polak. THere's a legitimate chance he comes back. So dont just brush that off

Agree. Polak can return, I have no issue. It depends on the severity of his injury though.

-Marincin is straight garbage. He will be exposed to the draft. No way he comes back.

Marincin will be exposed.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I would be careful before removing all the lesser vets from the lineup like you guys are doing. It's still Lou's team and Lou traditionally relies a lot on having certain vets in the lineup. I'd like to think he sees the lack of intensity from 42 & 25 but both of them survived the rebuild phase so who knows.

I think it'll largely be the same team with a slightly different 4th line and likely one notable UFA addition.

Also these trade proposals for certain dmen, I'm not buying it, my opinion is that either the draft or a trade for a high potential young dman is still the solution. I also don't buy the need to sell the farm for a Doughty. I think we can win with four Gardiner/Reilly type dmen, just more consistent versions.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
We need to unleash Kerby Rychel to the NHL next year. I'm really really high on this kid. I think he'll become a fan favorite in no time. Kinda like Ferland in Calgary but with a tad more offense.

I legitimately think Rychel would've made more of a difference in this Caps series than JVR, Hyman or Brown did.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I can see Keeping Bozak around esp., if they can't re-sign Boyle.
To me JVR will once again be a very interesting piece come draft day and esp., to teams like SJ, Hawks, Kings, Ducks and Even Minn. As those teams are in a stage where it is really all or nothing as their window is rapidly closing, JVR is a piece that could really help them now. However, the Leafs won't be happy with draft picks, they will need a roster player that can contribute right away.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Our Needs are:
1. Top 4 Dman
2.4th Line center (Or re-sign Boyle)
3. Backup Goalie

Obviously some size up front would be nice, but we are a first and foremost, a speed team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad