WJC: 2017 Team USA Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Well, they got the early goal, found their jump again, and now it's a literal and figurative even game. Nice to see Fox involved on both goals for this time.

Need to kill this awful call against Caleb Jones. Oh, IIHF.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Be still my heart.

The resiliency this team has showed tonight is amazing. They've made some real bad blunders on all four goals, and allowed pairs of goals in short spurts, but have bounced right back each time. The way they quickly answered in the 3rd was something else.

Been a string of PPs for Canada. All were justified other than the call on Jones, but the way Clague got away with holding onto Terry's stick there late in the third to negate a scoring chance right in front of the net was ridiculous. Not only did he negate the scoring chance, but then Clague basically rode Terry's stick all the way to the face-off dot and the refs let it go.

Roslovic is flying as is Joseph for Canada.

Both goalies look a bit shaky. Neither has made many big saves to bail out their respective team. USA has missed the net a few times on some prime chances, and in OT they need to make sure they get the puck on net. Test the nerves of Hart every chance you get.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Just watching this game like

pv8bk_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I wish I had more times to post since my move to Texas, but I had all 3 of my sons and wife glued to this tv watching this game, and all I can say is wow...simply put they didn't quit, back down or fold. They were not on the same talent level on defense, but overall Parsons did what he had to and this offense wave after wave did what we all hoped....they played to their potential.

so much easier and fun to say imagine if they had Boeser and Logan Brown after winning, but man this team seemed one big gun away most nights from running the table easily..

so damn proud of these kids. this unheralded defense played their ***** off. I cannot stress enough how well this motley crue of dmen played, this is their gold, and believe me many including myself didn't give them enough credit...especially with Lindgren out tonight.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Wow. That was an absolute game for the ages. As with the semifinal, I hate that it had to end in a shootout, but I'm sure happy that it was Team USA that pulled it off.

I was losing my mind the way the shooters for Team USA were doing the same thing as yesterday's shootout. The first three all made the same move essentially, but thankfully Parsons was matching Hart save for save because you knew Terry wasn't going to be denied.

Hell of a team effort. They took Canada's best effort, and pulled it out. For a team that was never behind until the semifinals, they showed a tremendous amount of resiliency in this tournament. They way they bounced back tonight twice after falling behind by two goals two different times was something else.

I'll post more thought on the players and team for the overall tournament, but for tonight's game:

• Parsons. I actually thought he was fighting the puck a lot during regulation. He didn't allow any bad goals by any means, but he didn't really make many big saves either. That changed in OT as he was fantastic, and the shootout speaks for itself.
  • Terry is a savage.
  • McAvoy saved his best game for the most important one. Hell of a performance by him tonight.
  • Jones was also fantastic on the backend. Logged huge minutes for the team.
  • Cecconi, unsung hero. A lot of grief from posters in this thread when he was named to the camp let alone the team, but he was very steady, played more than anyone would have guessed, and played a lot of strong minutes tonight.
  • Adam Fox. I was hard on you to start, but you redeemed yourself after those first two goals. Three assists and played solid defense the rest of the way.
  • Strong performances from quite a few forwards. Roslovic wasn't rewarded on the score sheet but he was flying again.
  • Hats off to Bellows. He was here to score goals, and he came through when it mattered.
  • Chabot was a beast for Team Canada. He was a dominant player and they relied on him much like Team USA relied on Werenski last year.
  • Joseph on Team Canada can FLY. He was dangerous all night and played a hell of a game.

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
Couldn't post partly because I couldn't look away from my TV and partly because the servers failed haha.

Wow. What a game. What a team. So proud of these boys for coming back from TWO two goal deficits. Never quit. Showed a ton of heart. Just wow.

Man, I'm gonna miss this group. This was my favorite team that USAH has assembled in a long time. So much talent and heart.

What an incredible game

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Point taken. This team squeaked by with shootouts in the last two rounds though.

That 5-1 thumping really sticks in my mind for the 2013 team.

Yeah they were dominant in the knockout rounds

Dunno about anybody else, but breaking the Russian curse meant a lot to me.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I just keep rethinking so many plays tonight and how many USA players stood out tonight. I honestly do not have a single player that I can say stunk out there. I don't have anyone I can say buckled under the pressure. Everyone had a role and played it to a T,

My top 5 Americans for this games would be:

#1. Charlie McAvoy - I don't know how you can pick anyone but him. He was everywhere out there. defensively and offensively he did it all. honestly, kid is going to be a pro next year, zero doubts about it. He was our MVP on a "no name" blue line.

#2. Kiefer Bellows - it took this kid a while, but about damn time! This was his coming out party! take this game and run with it the rest of you r life. he was a power forward/sniper out there that created so much space and chances for himself. always involved physically and making smart plays, kid picked the right game to find it tonight. very proud.

#3. Caleb Jones - sorry but this kid is just so damn smooth. I have no idea where we would have been without him this year especially tonight without Lindgren. He 99.9% made all the right and smart pinches and moves out there. never out of position and always able to skate back to break up odd man rushes. his penalty was the worst call I have ever seen period. this kid has such a bright future ahead of him, I have been talking about him for over 3 years now, so very proud of his assentation.

#4. Colin White - he was the glue out there for us. He was the guy usually winning big draws, crashing the net, or creating our in zone presence. not one of his better statistically speaking games, but overall he showed why he wore the A, and played an overall game very reminiscent to Dylan Larkin.

#5. Tyler Parsons - Trust me I know he wasn't elite tonight. I think at least 2 of the goals were on him. BUT...this kid has ice in his veins and made ALL the big saves in OT and the shootout. THEY DID NOT SCORE IN THE SHOOTOUT..Nuff said. This kid is going to be a NHL goalie, he has shined on the big stage at Memorial Cups and WJCs...Amazing tournament for him overall!

Honorable Mentions: Troy Terry - hard to leave the kid off tonight, he had the biggest goal of the night by miles, but overall he just didn't do enough overall the entire game to earn a top 5 nod here. great player who filled a Tyler Johnson role for this team. Bright future ahead for this kid who seems to shine most under the brightest of lights.

Jordan Greenway - he has completely evolved from what I witnessed 2-3 years ago. I firmly believe he can play in the NHL right now. so strong on the puck, so balanced. He reminds me a lot of Hudson Fasching but even faster and better hands. He allowed us to have the balance and size we desperately needed when cutting DeBrincat and LOgan Brown - he and Tage Thompson are those reasons why. Greenway should have a very bright career in the Troy Brouwer mold at the very least IMO, which is a pretty damn good thing for a 2nd round pick.

Overall that's my top 5 for the night. I did a lot of drinking, had my eyes closed for half the damn game in fear, so if you disagree with anything tough crap!! haha...

USA USA USA!!!!

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013
I found it funny how Canadians still find excuses, right after we just won. Like they just can't lose normally.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
I found it funny how Canadians still find excuses, right after we just won. Like they just can't lose normally.

They can, just not when you say ridiculous things like this win makes us the best hockey team on the planet.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
I just keep rethinking so many plays tonight and how many USA players stood out tonight. I honestly do not have a single player that I can say stunk out there. I don't have anyone I can say buckled under the pressure. Everyone had a role and played it to a T,

My top 5 Americans for this games would be:

#1. Charlie McAvoy - I don't know how you can pick anyone but him. He was everywhere out there. defensively and offensively he did it all. honestly, kid is going to be a pro next year, zero doubts about it. He was our MVP on a "no name" blue line.

#2. Kiefer Bellows - it took this kid a while, but about damn time! This was his coming out party! take this game and run with it the rest of you r life. he was a power forward/sniper out there that created so much space and chances for himself. always involved physically and making smart plays, kid picked the right game to find it tonight. very proud.

#3. Caleb Jones - sorry but this kid is just so damn smooth. I have no idea where we would have been without him this year especially tonight without Lindgren. He 99.9% made all the right and smart pinches and moves out there. never out of position and always able to skate back to break up odd man rushes. his penalty was the worst call I have ever seen period. this kid has such a bright future ahead of him, I have been talking about him for over 3 years now, so very proud of his assentation.

#4. Colin White - he was the glue out there for us. He was the guy usually winning big draws, crashing the net, or creating our in zone presence. not one of his better statistically speaking games, but overall he showed why he wore the A, and played an overall game very reminiscent to Dylan Larkin.

#5. Tyler Parsons - Trust me I know he wasn't elite tonight. I think at least 2 of the goals were on him. BUT...this kid has ice in his veins and made ALL the big saves in OT and the shootout. THEY DID NOT SCORE IN THE SHOOTOUT..Nuff said. This kid is going to be a NHL goalie, he has shined on the big stage at Memorial Cups and WJCs...Amazing tournament for him overall!

Honorable Mentions: Troy Terry - hard to leave the kid off tonight, he had the biggest goal of the night by miles, but overall he just didn't do enough overall the entire game to earn a top 5 nod here. great player who filled a Tyler Johnson role for this team. Bright future ahead for this kid who seems to shine most under the brightest of lights.

Jordan Greenway - he has completely evolved from what I witnessed 2-3 years ago. I firmly believe he can play in the NHL right now. so strong on the puck, so balanced. He reminds me a lot of Hudson Fasching but even faster and better hands. He allowed us to have the balance and size we desperately needed when cutting DeBrincat and LOgan Brown - he and Tage Thompson are those reasons why. Greenway should have a very bright career in the Troy Brouwer mold at the very least IMO, which is a pretty damn good thing for a 2nd round pick.

Overall that's my top 5 for the night. I did a lot of drinking, had my eyes closed for half the damn game in fear, so if you disagree with anything tough crap!! haha...

USA USA USA!!!!

I know he didn't score, but I loved Roslovic's game tonight. Charlie McAvoy was an absolute animal.

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013
They can, just not when you say ridiculous things like this win makes us the best hockey team on the planet.

So what I might of overreacted a little bit, but you seen the other posts they made.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Spent...absolutely spent...watchimg that incredible game. McAvoy is a beast. And Parsons was incredible late in the game and the shootout. I wasn't nearly this tense in 2010 and 2013 as I was tonight.

To gather themselves after going down, not once, but twice...insane! Just kept at it likes champs. Viva La America!

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I know he didn't score, but I loved Roslovic's game tonight. Charlie McAvoy was an absolute animal.

I kept wanting to add Roslovic to this list as you said he way flying out there,,,but all he would end up doing most times was fly around the net doing a cycle and then never do anything with the puck after all that hard work and speed...he never really crashed the net or put it on the net more when he had those chances...maybe I missed a few I dunno..but the kid was electric skating wise, just hope he shows more than wheels at the NHL level...

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Spent...absolutely spent...watchimg that incredible game. McAvoy is a beast. And Parsons was incredible late in the game and the shootout. I wasn't nearly this tense in 2010 and 2013 as I was tonight.

To gather themselves after going down, not once, but twice...insane! Just kept at it likes champs. Viva La America!

2013 I never felt nervous, probably because the way that team just controlled the knockout rounds. 2010 was just a bonus. I kind of weirdly expected to win this tournament from the beginning so it made it much more nerve wracking.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
I kept wanting to add Roslovic to this list as you said he way flying out there,,,but all he would end up doing most times was fly around the net doing a cycle and then never do anything with the puck after all that hard work and speed...he never really crashed the net or put it on the net more when he had those chances...maybe I missed a few I dunno..but the kid was electric skating wise, just hope he shows more than wheels at the NHL level...

What I saw was he got the puck in our zone in some very dangerous Canadian moments and basically brought it down to the other end. Yes, his offensive game was lacking. Just wanted an honorable mention for him hah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->