Speculation: 2017 TDL/Draft/Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
dudes gonna hit 50 points this year.

I'm not sure what some people want from this guy. Its ridiculous. They are stuck in the days where a $5.75 cap hit is only for an elite player. That isn't the case anymore.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
So get rid of Zajac to go spend money when we have plenty of room to do that in the first place?

We'd basically expose Zajac only to try to go out and spend money to replace him?

Yes, if Shero could identify the substitute salary that would fit his playstyle and timeline. That contract is abhorrent, especially in the remaining years and I'd get rid of it if I could. Zajac the player is fine, but his contract is gross. The Hockey News ranked that as one of the top 5 worst contracts in the NHL.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Yes, if Shero could identify the substitute salary that would fit his playstyle and timeline. That contract is abhorrent, especially in the remaining years and I'd get rid of it if I could. Zajac the player is fine, but his contract is gross.

Again, you have no idea what you are talking about

$5.75 is the going rate for a 2nd line center in today's NHL. Zajac produces as one offensively and also contributes elite defense

who are the players we would be replacing Zajac's money with that can provide what he does? I'd love to hear.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Yes, if Shero could identify the substitute salary that would fit his playstyle and timeline. That contract is abhorrent, especially in the remaining years and I'd get rid of it if I could. Zajac the player is fine, but his contract is gross.

Why do we care about his contract. Its not stopping us from anything. And it likely wont ever stop us from anything.

I get the complaint if we are pushed to the cap and he is creating problems but geez man, your the Mayor of HateZajacVille.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Just looked it up....Zajac's cap hit is 34th in the NHL among centers. Notable players with a higher cap hit:

David Backes
Thomas Plekanec
Jordan Staal
Brandon Dubinsky

hes also right there with guys like Dave Bolland and Frans Nielsen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->