2017 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
You guys have any players in your early warning radars who look like they could be huge busts this year?

I try to stick to a personal No Chargers rule because every time I draft a Chargers player he gets hurt. It's ridiculous. I'm a curse against Chargers players. I've lived through serious injuries to Keenan twice, Woodhead and Ryan Matthews (when he was projected to be good). Sometimes a player falls though and I can't help but take him.

So if I end up drafting a Chargers player, I'll post it here so you all can get rid of him or drop him from your draft rankings.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
You guys have any players in your early warning radars who look like they could be huge busts this year?

I try to stick to a personal No Chargers rule because every time I draft a Chargers player he gets hurt. It's ridiculous. I'm a curse against Chargers players. I've lived through serious injuries to Keenan twice, Woodhead and Ryan Matthews (when he was projected to be good). Sometimes a player falls though and I can't help but take him.

So if I end up drafting a Chargers player, I'll post it here so you all can get rid of him or drop him from your draft rankings.

I haven't looked at ADPs yet. I hardly ever play in one year leagues anymore. It's too early to draft for one year leagues.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Not in PPR he won''t

your probably right.

took a risk on Melvin Gordon and drafted him a bit early according to rankings after hearing he was training with AP and it paid off big time in a few of my leagues.

Otherwise I usually shy away from the chargers but I have had Rivers as a back up before.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I think I mentioned it earlier but I'm still not sold on Gordon. On the plus side, his utilization is great considering he ranked 3rd in carries/game and 3rd in red zone carries (even with missed time), and he was utilized as a receiver as well (no Woodhead for most of the season, and he's not back this year). All that adds up to most seeing him as a top 5 RB and top 10 player.

That just scares me a bit because I don't see that level of talent there, and it's tough to expect a situation AGAIN where a RB on a bad team gets so many good opportunities. His YPC is consistently underwhelming and he definitely lacks big play ability. Hopefully for him the Chargers line is a lot better than last year (tough to be worse); not sure if Okung is the answer though.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I think I mentioned it earlier but I'm still not sold on Gordon. On the plus side, his utilization is great considering he ranked 3rd in carries/game and 3rd in red zone carries (even with missed time), and he was utilized as a receiver as well (no Woodhead for most of the season, and he's not back this year). All that adds up to most seeing him as a top 5 RB and top 10 player.

That just scares me a bit because I don't see that level of talent there, and it's tough to expect a situation AGAIN where a RB on a bad team gets so many good opportunities. His YPC is consistently underwhelming and he definitely lacks big play ability. Hopefully for him the Chargers line is a lot better than last year (tough to be worse); not sure if Okung is the answer though.

All great points listed. I lucked out in drafting him in later rounds last season but this season he could bust again. Kind of like what Gurley did to me :laugh:

I don't know who I will target this year besides the obvious guys (Elliot/D.J./Bell)

It will be interesting to see what AP can do with the Saints. I think I read somewhere a few weeks ago the Saints had the third most red zone time last season.

I would love to grab Derrick Henry late in case DeMarco goes down, I really liked what I saw in his college game and what limited action he had last season.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I think Henry is a good look even if Murray doesn't go down. Considering how great of a season Murray had, the Titans were still very committed to Henry as well. It was essentially a 75/25 split for the season for carries, and when you look at the last 7 games that they both had carries in, it was closer to 60/40.

29 years old isn't exactly "fall-off-the-cliff" territory for Murray, but when you consider his injury history, Henry should be a great pick this year.

Miester

Feb 10, 2008
Windsor
Alright guys, looking for a bit of advice. I just took over a team in a dynasty league that's been going on for a while.First time ive ever done one. 2QB, no PPR (i hate it. I hate it so much) league. Here's what I'm working with so far:

QB: Alex Smith, Carson Wentz, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Blaine Gabbert
RB: Melvin Gordon, Paul Perkins, Matt Forte, Derek Henry, Rob Kelley, Ryan Matthews, Matt Asiata
WR: TY Hilton, Randal Cobb, Rishard Matthews, Brashad Perriman, Mohamed Sanu, Travis Benjamin, Tyler Boyd, Michael Floyd, Devin Funchess
TE: Tyler Eifert, Jesse James
K: Ryan Succop
DEF: Eagles, Bengals

Not the best but not awful. QB/WR obviously my weakest postions. Or positions with least depth at least. Anyway, recently used some of my picks in future years to get into the first round this year in the rookie draft. I've now got the 7th overall pick, plus the 16th overall in the second round which i already had.

My question: Realizing its a 2QB league and Smith isn't going to cut it much longer (or at all this year...) do I take a QB like Deshaun Watson at 7 if he's still on the board? Or, given that they're still around, do I take a Joe Mixon or OJ Howard or one of the WR and hope that I can get a Mahomes/Tubisky/Kizer at 16 with my second round pick?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm in a league with the exact same scoring, 2QB standard.

I'm just going to say, that team is really bad in 2QB. I would strip it down and look to acquire some young high-end QB or WR talent. Trade Gordon for a massive package of players. Sell off Cobb, Perkins, etc.

What future picks did you give up? Hopefully not your 2018 1st.

As for what to do with your draft picks, kind of a tough spot. I wouldn't take Howard, your TE depth is fine. No need to reach. I actually like Williams or Ross at 7 and then just hope a QB falls to 16, but I also have no issue with just taking a QB. Depends what happens in the top 6, too. Mixon won't last until 7. I wouldn't even be opposed to drafting two QBs if Mahomes, Watson, or Trubisky falls into the 2nd.

I would also sell Gordon for a huge package.

Try to find undervalued veteran QBs around the league that are starters - Flacco, Bradford, etc are often undervalued in 2QB.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
In 2 QB leagues, QB is probably the most important position. Yours aren't good at all. I too would look to sell Gordon, as I don't think he's that talented of a runner.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Please pick the Ravens, Maclin. I only have him in one dynasty, but still... I hope he doesn't choose the Bills. I mean, the Ravens are probably getting either Maclin or Decker...

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Fantasy Football Questions

Standard Non PPR League. Here are the scoring settings:

Offense League Value Yahoo Default Value
Passing Yards 2 yards per point; 20 points at 400 yards 25 yards per point
Passing Touchdowns 10 4
Interceptions -2 -1
Rushing Yards 5 yards per point; 20 points at 180 yards 10 yards per point
Rushing Touchdowns 12 6
Receiving Yards 5 yards per point; 10 points at 150 yards 10 yards per point
Receiving Touchdowns 15 6
Return Touchdowns 25 6
2-Point Conversions 10 2
Fumbles Lost -2
Offensive Fumble Return TD 25 6
40+ Yard Completions 10 0
40+ Yard Passing Touchdowns 15 0
40+ Yard Run 10 0
40+ Yard Rushing Touchdowns 15 0
40+ Yard Receptions 10 0
40+ Yard Receiving Touchdowns 15 0
Passing 1st Downs 1 0
Receiving 1st Downs 10 0
Rushing 1st Downs 4 0

My QB/UTIL: R.Wilson, S.Bradford, BENCH: P.Lynch, T.Savage
My WR: A.Brown, K.Allen, T.Hill, BENCH: Moncrief, Diggs, R.Woods, C.Meredith
My RB: T.Gurley, A.Peterson, BENCH: M.Forte, J.Hill, J.White, K.Juszczyk, J.Rodgers
My TE: J.Reed, BENCH: J.Thomas, C.Fleener

What is my weakest position? Who should I drop and add if anyone from Waivers:

T.Smith - WR
Chris Thompson - RB
T.Boyd - WR
Marlon Mack -RB
J.Richard - RB
J.Langford -RB
Eli Rogers - WR
R.Anderson - WR
K.Golladay - WR
N.Agoholor -WR
Aaron Jones - RB
E.Hood - RB
D.Henderson - RB
C.Williams – WR
T.Benjamin - WR
D.Foreman - RB
J.McKinnon - RB
R.Burkhead - RB

Last edited:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Dynasty, I'm guessing? And you can start more than one QB?

I'd cut Savage and add Anderson. He had an off the field issue this offseason, but he had a decent stretch run. And the Jets have nobody at WR. RB is definitely your weakest. And if you could start more than one QB, I'd look to upgrade Bradford, although that will probably be close to impossible since QBs would be golden.

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Dynasty, I'm guessing? And you can start more than one QB?

I'd cut Savage and add Anderson. He had an off the field issue this offseason, but he had a decent stretch run. And the Jets have nobody at WR. RB is definitely your weakest. And if you could start more than one QB, I'd look to upgrade Bradford, although that will probably be close to impossible since QBs would be golden.

Its a one year league. Every year new draft. We have a UTIL position you can start any position player you want but everyone starts QB's since they get you most points. I have Wilson as my starting QB. Bradford as UTIL and on the bench I have P.Lynch and T.Savage. The QB's are very thin in the league. Its 14 teams and most guys have 3-4 QB's. I actually dropped T.Smith and picked up J.Rodgers. You think I should get R.Anderson?

FYI here's whos left for QB:

R.Fitzpatrick
C.Keenum
B.Gabbert
M.Schaub
C.Jones
N.Foles
A.McCarron
M.Moore
M.Cassel

Status
Not open for further replies.