• Cubs in 5

Votes: 9 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
They are showing the Cubs locker room on WGN and they're celebrating a NLDS win with beer and champagne. It's like they don't care that they have a game in 43 hours on the opposite coast. I guess I don't understand these parties after every series win in baseball, especially when the next game is so soon.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
You think at SOME point, the sports gods would give DC a break at some point.

Apparently not.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
They are showing the Cubs locker room on WGN and they're celebrating a NLDS win with beer and champagne. It's like they don't care that they have a game in 43 hours on the opposite coast. I guess I don't understand these parties after every series win in baseball, especially when the next game is so soon.

You think this is bad? The 2005 Angels once had to play 3 games in 3 cities on 3 straight days.

Sunday- Yankee Stadium, ALDS Game 4
Monday- Anaheim Stadium, ALDS Game 5
Tuesday- Comiskey Park, ALCS Game 1

Reactions: Voight

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
You think this is bad? The 2005 Angels once had to play 3 games in 3 cities on 3 straight days.

Sunday- Yankee Stadium, ALDS Game 4
Monday- Anaheim Stadium, ALDS Game 5
Tuesday- Comiskey Park, ALCS Game 1

I think my point is more related to the fact that, for example, Jon Lester is currently swigging champagne from a bottle and just had half a beer sprayed in his eyes.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

I wouldn’t say it’s smart but eh they won a close series doesn’t matter it was vs the nationals

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Blackhawks waited 49 years to win a cup.
White Sox waited 88 years to win a WS.
Cubs waited 108 years to win a WS.

Washington’s day will come.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Did that reporter just ask Bryce Harper who’s he got: Dodgers or Cubs? What an ass.

If you were watching the TBS postgame show, it was immediately called out by the host there. Who essentially referred to whoever that reporter was as an ass.

Frank the tank said:

This isn't the NHL where half the league makes the playoffs every year. Getting to the MLB playoffs is hard and used to be much harder prior to the introduction of the Wild Card and Alignment.

Probably seems silly but this is the reward for the grind.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
Blackhawks waited 49 years to win a cup.
White Sox waited 88 years to win a WS.
Cubs waited 108 years to win a WS.

Washington’s day will come.

tenor.gif

Also, I wonder who that reporter was.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
For all the talk about Billy Beane's A's and their track record in closeout games, at least they've won a playoff series more recently than the Nats

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The poor fundamental of coming off the bag for 0.0034 seconds? God that dumb rule pisses me off every single time I see it.

Dumb rule, but he shouldn't be far enough away that there's even a throw.

The guy has exactly ZERO stolen bases in eight Major League seasons. He's once in a lifetime slow. Where the f*** is he going?

Reactions: Bruce Joker

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
It's not even the rule that cost them.

The Natinals (yes, deal with it) had MULTIPLE chances to blow the game open deeper in. Not to mention they had a 4-1 lead early.

1-7 RISP says it all. Blaming the calls reeks of a weak minded team looking for an excuse to cover for their failures yet again. the Cubs handed that game, and by proxy the series to them on a platter and they refuse to take it.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Boy, the baseball gods seemingly never get tired of torturing the Indians or Nationals.

You would think at some point they would give them something.

But no.

I mean, it is absolutely ridiculous that fate can be so cruel to these talented Nats yet they smiled on a Royals team of singles hitters, a lousy starting rotation, managed by Ned freaking Yost.

The fact the Nats cannot win a playoff series and the Royals came within a Bumgarner of repeating proves that baseball randomness is almost cruel to a ridiculous degree.

It just isn’t right that Bryce Harper does not have a ring yet Alcides freaking Escobar does.

Last edited:

evolutionbaby

Jan 7, 2012
Great game, better win.

I just cannot take a team managed by Dusty Baker seriously. Cubs just don't quit, teams need to understand this.

Bryce, you gotta be a man and step up in those situations. #belikebryant

JFC as if you showed up...be like bryant? did you watch this series? He grounded out for a RBI, great work.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Boy, the baseball gods seemingly never get tired of torturing the Indians or Nationals.

You would think at some point they would give them something.

But no.

I mean, it is absolutely ridiculous that fate can be so cruel to these talented Nats yet they smiled on a Royals team of singles hitters, a lousy starting rotation, managed by Ned freaking Yost.

The fact the Nats cannot win a playoff series and the Royals came within a Bumgarner of repeating proves that baseball randomness is almost cruel to a ridiculous degree.

It just isn’t right that Bryce Harper does not have a ring yet Alcides freaking Escobar does.

I think that's it's just a team makeup thing. Notice that the the two years since 2012 the Nats had competition in the division they lost it and also got owned like 12-6 in the season series those years vs the Braves and Mets. It feels like any time they are challenged they fall apart

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
He was, he struck out.

That being said, screw the Nationals. I'm glad the Cubs beat them. Now Go Dodgers Go!
KB has been in the league three years and has three NLCS showings and one WS ring on his resume. Harper leads a team that can't win a playoff series.

You wanna be the man, you gotta be the man. If you cannot be the man, you better switch to a team that has a "the man" on it. The Cubs have a few of those.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->