Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Diamondbacks in 5

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Dodgers bullpen is much better than last year, plus getting Yu Darvish at the trade deadline has bolstered the starting pitching.

Add the potential rookie of the year plus a deep lineup, the Dodgers have a shot.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Well congrats to 0 people who voted for a Dodgers sweep.

I guess those "Beat LA" t-shirts don't help after all.

The amount of disrespect the posters they gave the Dodgers before the series started kinda ticked me off but I didn't say anything. Everyone has their opinion I guess. It was just shocking to me that a team that hadn't made the playoffs in 6 years were the favorite against the top seed who have made the playoffs since 2013 and finished 11 games better. Either the lack of respect for the Dodgers or they gave the Dbacks too much respect. The Dbacks were hot coming into the playoffs but everyone forgot that the Dodgers won 8 of the last 10 games.

I could understand favoring the Nats-Cubs winner over the Dodgers because those two are fellow elite teams. Dbacks? No. Not yet anyway.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Figured the D-Backs would press the Dodgers a bit in this series. Instead, they get stifled at every given chance.

The frustrating thing is if they seeded by record, I actually think they could have beaten the Nats.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The amount of disrespect the posters they gave the Dodgers before the series started kinda ticked me off but I didn't say anything. Everyone has their opinion I guess. It was just shocking to me that a team that hadn't made the playoffs in 6 years were the favorite against the top seed who have made the playoffs since 2013 and finished 11 games better. Either the lack of respect for the Dodgers or they gave the Dbacks too much respect. The Dbacks were hot coming into the playoffs but everyone forgot that the Dodgers won 8 of the last 10 games.

I could understand favoribg the Nats-Cubs winner over the Dodgers because those two are fellow elite teams. Dbacks? No. Not yet anyway.

I kind of equate it to when everyone picked against the Capitals a few years ago against the Islanders because LOL CAPS.

People just thought LA would spit the bit again. They should know the LDS is not their problem.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
I kind of equate it to when everyone picked against the Capitals a few years ago against the Islanders because LOL CAPS.

People just thought LA would spit the bit again. They should know the LDS is not their problem.
People should know that you wait until the Caps play the Penguins to pick against them.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

I could understand favoring the Nats-Cubs winner over the Dodgers because those two are fellow elite teams. Dbacks? No. Not yet anyway.

I thought the D-Backs would make series of it, but they barely put up a fight. I honestly just think that people saw their regular season matchup against the Dodgers and picked them. I think the Dodgers were a pretty heavy favorite even though I only picked the Dodgers in five. This year’s team definitely seems different than others.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Arizona had a great year compared to what many experts thought. I think they’ll take a huge step back next year. I think their whole starting rotation except for Greinke had career years, and I don’t think Greinke will be as good next season. J.D. Martinez is most likely gone. Tomas is coming back, and he’s a negative WAR player.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I thought the D-Backs would make series of it, but they barely put up a fight. I honestly just think that people saw their regular season matchup against the Dodgers and picked them. I think the Dodgers were a pretty heavy favorite even though I only picked the Dodgers in five. This year’s team definitely seems different than others.

They didn't put up THAT poor a fight. In games 1-2, they kept it interesting in the late innings, chased Kershaw, didn't make me change the channels in the final innings.

This wasn't exactly the Red Sox losing 8-2 at Minute Maid.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Arizona had a great year compared to what many experts thought. I think they’ll take a huge step back next year. I think their whole starting rotation except for Greinke had career years, and I don’t think Greinke will be as good next season. J.D. Martinez is most likely gone. Tomas is coming back, and he’s a negative WAR player.

The Dbacks have not shown any consistency in winning since the early 2000s. Since then, they would have an occassional playoff appearance and then it would be followed by a step-back. You can bet that they'll be sellers again next year.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
All year long this was the playoff matchup I wanted to see - I pumped the tires of the DBacks and actually believed they would take the Dodgers down in a series.

I was wrong. Still a fun team to watch. Often wonder if and how much players like Mike Trout or Paul Goldschmidt hate their lives being some of the best players in baseball and never winning.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
They didn't put up THAT poor a fight. In games 1-2, they kept it interesting in the late innings, chased Kershaw, didn't make me change the channels in the final innings.

This wasn't exactly the Red Sox losing 8-2 at Minute Maid.

Meh. They were playing catch up for most of the series. They put up a better fight than the Red Sox for sure, but I never once thought while watching the series that they’d come back. Even with Goldschmidt up as the tying run.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
The Dbacks have not shown any consistency in winning since the early 2000s. Since then, they would have an occassional playoff appearance and then it would be followed by a step-back. You can bet that they'll be sellers again next year.

Oh, for sure. And when they do make the playoffs, nobody expected them to (at least their last few times off the top of my head).

They should honestly do everything in their power to bring Martinez back and eat Tomas’ salary in a trade, but I think both are highly unlikely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad