GDT: 2017 NHL Entry Draft (7PM ET/6PM CT/4PM PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Vesaleinen was the only winger I liked in this draft. Give credit to Chevy for going BPA. Would've picked/traded differently but I'm happy.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I thought he said Toews was a third round pick. He was third. Who was ahead of him?
And Kane is very small.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
:laugh: Yeah, so is Laine. Definitely a pattern here. That's probably the only reason they took Laine too. :laugh:

Seriously, nothing wrong with this pick except that we don't need any top 6 LW's for at least 10 years. Big is not a bad thing?

The Stanley pick has many people scared of anyone over 6'1". Nothing wrong with 6'3" 249.

If he ends up on the 3rd line LW down the road with Ehlers/Laine, and Connor ahead of him, I think Vesalainen will fit right in. It'll take a bit though I think. He might play in Sweden next year and then the Moose after that. He may have stated different plans though.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Yes good
But
Defending part of team neglected again
Ok so July 1st next
If this clown show management doesn't address goalies and LHD that should speak volumes

KurtG8

Apr 4, 2015
You hear that??? Almost all the hate is gone from the thread after Chevy knocks it out of the park.....AGAIN!!!! Such a good pick, so happy!!

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
"A big and strong winger who has the ability to impact the game in many ways…plays a versatile, high-tempo offensive game…battles for pucks and space…a beast along the wall and difficult to move in front of the net…mixes a heavy game with very soft, skilled hands…possesses a very hard shot with quick release…makes soft, easy-to-control passes to his teammates…dangerous anytime he has the puck in the offensive zone"

yet another scouting report without any mention of his IQ.. neat

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
You hear that??? Almost all the hate is gone from the thread after Chevy knocks it out of the park.....AGAIN!!!! Such a good pick, so happy!!

You are kidding right ?
Knocked it out of the park
Mmmmmmmk

JJ McCubbin

Apr 15, 2014
Because of Chicago? Or because of The Fratellis? I may have to fight you :laugh:

I can't name another Fratellis song but I just hate Chelsea Dagger. The town I grew up in only had one club and whenever I went out there they would play Dance music all night (not to my taste) except for Chelsea Dagger which they would play 2 or 3 times per night. I started following the NHL during the shortened season and during the playoffs every Chicago game gave me flashbacks. That was enough for me to cheer for the Bruins in the Finals :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->