GDT: 2017 NHL Draft: The waiting is over! The NYR will pick in the first round! Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
So obviously the Rangers are trying to load up on a group of guys who will be playing pro in North America within the next 18 months. Trying to make up for years of having an extremely depleted pool due to lack of picks. Explains why they went so heavy on UDFA's as well.

Seems like they also picked a lot of guys who had a real upswing as their seasons/playoffs went on

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I would give this draft a B to B-

Some of the picks I really really like

Some of them are not so great

The next week leading into free agency should be fun

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wasn't A Zub drafted??

No Russians drafted last year, none this year. Bereglazov was signed, but not drafted.

I just find it strange. It would be like picking no Canadians, Swedes or Americans for two years.

There are actually some GM's though who will not draft Russians. I hope Gorton isn't one. He would be severely limiting his team, if he did that.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
No Russians drafted last year, none this year. Bereglazov was signed, but not drafted.

I just find it strange. It would be like picking no Canadians, Swedes or Americans for two years.

There are actually some GM's though who will not draft Russians. I hope Gorton isn't one. He would be severely limiting his team, if he did that.

To be fair, he's also been limited in the amount of picks hes had.

If he signed Bear gloves, I doubt hes adverse to Russians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad