2017 NHL Draft | 4:00 PM | United Center | NBCSN

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Not a bad call by Dallas there. They went up and got the goalie they wanted, gotta respect that.

Anarchy Joe

Jun 30, 2013
Don't know if I like chilling. We've got guys to ditch.

Though, I guess nothing like that would really matter in round 1, take the night to work it out.

That is basically what I am saying we sitting back gonna figure out deals for the plethora of Defencemen we have tomorrow

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
If we are getting picks for our d, I would prefer to get future pucks and spread some of them out. I'd rather have a 2018 for Methot if that's what we are getting.

Anarchy Joe

Jun 30, 2013
If we are getting picks for our d, I would prefer to get future pucks and spread some of them out. I'd rather have a 2018 for Methot if that's what we are getting.

I'm not disagreeing I just wanna see them traded to have our roster more clarified

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
I'm not disagreeing I just wanna see them traded to have our roster more clarified

They aren't working on futures trades during this draft. There is plenty of time to clarify the roster after the draft.

My guess is many talks will happen on Saturday evening and Sunday.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
The good thing here is George has all the pieces he needs to move up in round 2. Target for us would likely be a goalie I'd guess. So tomorrow's start might be real exciting.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Really hate the Blues right now. Great pick by them and thanks for crushing my hopes of us getting Klim, dude is going to be a beast in this league. Ah well. Here's hoping we pull in Luukonen tomorrow.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Nice first round by the Knights.

If the rest of the draft is like this Vegas will have a really good start in the prospect department.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
3 fairly good safe picks. I was kinda hoping for Liljegren to be the dman but again, Brannstrom seems safer which is what we need from this draft.

No one bit on one of the trade baits which is a bit disappointing but hopefully an extra 2nd rounder or something tomorrow.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
wish list for Day 2:

Jason Robertson
Isaac Ratcliffe
Kole Lind
Matthew Strome
Jonah Gadjovich
Sasha Alex Chmelevski
Mason Shaw
Zach Gallant
Jordan Bellerive
Ryan Peckford

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Thoughts on day 1:
I absolutely love the Glass and Suzuki picks. I remember a few years ago the big trend was to try and go for the next Zdeno Chara so some teams with 2 or 3 picks would take a chance on a couple guys over 6'5.

Brannstrom is one of the youngest players in the draft and might be as good as Makar is projected to be. Outstanding.

As for other teams, the Kings having Vilardi fall into their lap is just unreal.

St Louis made out like bandits nabbing Thomas and if they traded to get a 1st back to pick Kostin you know he's a good one. Blues don't mess around in that regard.

Same with Philadelphia and Frost

Anarchy Joe

Jun 30, 2013
Really nothing to complain about with the draft so far got 2 high upside wings and 2 upside Defencemen need to snag a G prospect with one of our 2nds

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad