NFL: 2017 NFL Season News & Notes Discussion Thread (Bucs keep Koetter/GB signs Adams)

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Bears should sign him for rest of this year + next season

Would be upgrade for our WR group

Thats not saying much

costanza-wink.gif

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Patriots always get that guy every year who is cut before the end of the season because a bad team is done with them

Reactions: Voight

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I kinda sorta wish MVP didn't matter about making the playoffs, but I can understand that, despite being the MVP to your team, if you didn't make the playoffs, what does it matter? That said, I think Wilson has a strong case regardless of what happens down the stretch. He is the MVP in every sense of the phrase right now.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I personally don't care about the making the playoffs thing even though it matters a hell of a lot more for a QB than say a baseball player. But Wilson definitely has a strong case, especially given what he has around him on offense.

Its really between him and Brady at this point. Would be nice for him to finally win one but Brady has more than earned another one at this point.

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
Have you looked at Bears roster?

Of course I have indeed looked at the Bears' roster and specifically the WR corps, what in the world kind of question is that?

He would be an upgrade over most if not all of the WR's on roster

What precisely of KENNY BRITT'S historical performance history makes him such an upgrade at the WR position over the entirety of the Bears WR corps including the injured WR that the Bears would want to sign him now at this point in his career versus another option in free agency and/or additionally the draft, and how can you back up this statement with statistical evidence to even say this so surely, with such conviction?

And as I said in my post I would sign him for remainder of this year + next year so it wouldn't just be bringing him in to play a few games

Sign him today , Sit him next week and have him play final 2 games and then go into next year

Would you? Seriously? I mean, you aren't kidding?

As for Browns part. Most people expect Browns to win especially fans Chicago so its not going out on a limb to say you think they will win

Do you have a link to support this claim that the predominance of "fans Chicago" in its majority are expectant of the Browns to beat the Bears, perhaps betting lines or something else like I guess, have you seen a poll on this, because I haven't and do not really think at the time of this posting that something of that nature really exists or is very reliable in a dependable way because that was literally TWO games away at the time of your posting.

Hell I think the Browns will win and so do most of Hawks posters in Bears thread

Link to that thread? I would definitely appreciate it as I would find it interesting to read and also to check and see if the postings in it support what you are stating here. Thanks.

Bears just got asses kicked by a 1 win team ,, Being blownout by a winless Browns wouldn't be shocking or surprising

I agree,

Thanks.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I personally don't care about the making the playoffs thing even though it matters a hell of a lot more for a QB than say a baseball player. But Wilson definitely has a strong case, especially given what he has around him on offense.

RW doesn't have a running game. He has solid receivers. His O-line has played better. RW creates a lot of his own problems when he bails from clean pockets and runs into sacks.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
^sort of has to at times, in order to find his man. Can't see over the likes of Joeckel.:laugh:
If the coverage downfield is good he'll just take off.
He basically has to do it all, because even though pass pro is leaps and bounds better than it was early in the season...these guys still can't run block.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Can't agree enough. Stuff like this is helping drive fans away. The rules have gone stupidly complex in too many areas, leaving for too many games to be decided by rules interpretations instead of by the players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->