NFL: 2017 NFL Season News & Notes Discussion Thread (Bucs keep Koetter/GB signs Adams)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Giants are garbage for way they are handling this. And if they are benching Eli then it should be Davis Webb playing out final 5 games not Geno Smith who we all know is not a viable NFL starting QB

At least give Webb 5 games to see if there is anything there worth developing. Also it would not be as big a slap in face to Eli to bench him for Webb

I think Eli still is productive enough QB he will be upgrade in several places

Denver would make sense in offseason

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Eli definitely can still be productive. He had a down year because he has no line, no WRs, and no running game.

I’m not sure what these people expected him to do with what he has right now?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Eli definitely can still be productive. He had a down year because he has no line, no WRs, and no running game.

I’m not sure what these people expected him to do with what he has right now?

Yup, I agree with this. I know that he's declined (and will continue to do so), but the expectations have been too high with what they have.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I think Eli is done.

I can't see him walking away from 22 million next year, and if you are talking about him skill wise, he's going to make them buy him out IMO.

Maybe the Eli to Jax rumors will end up being true.

Eli is washed. Davis Webb stinks. Geno is a stop gap. Roll with Geno/Rosen next year.

Maybe he'll be good, may as well take the chance.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I don’t know what’s shit McAdoo and Reese are doing by it’s not doing them favors.

I’m pissed off that this has happened.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

About time. Normally I'd be all about the pick at this point but I think they have to play him, even if he plays well and hurts the draft position a bit.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Tons of Giants alumni have voiced their intense displeasure with how this was handled.

This season has been something to behold.

Can you blame them? So many high expectations his season and McAdoo can’t control his locker room. Carl Banks was very critical of the situation, Plaxico/Tuck/Simms all have voiced their concern.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Am I reading this wrong or is the issue more so with how it's being done and by whom rather than with the move itself? Eli isn't very good anymore and I think the Giants should move on in the offseason. If you're looking at it from a long-term POV, wouldn't you want a worse QB in the rest of the way to ensure you get as high of a draft pick as possible? Also, if the plan is to cut/trade Eli, you don't want him getting hurt behind that terrible OL and having to guarantee his contract for next season. McAdoo is a fool and it's tough to see a franchise great go out this way but it's probably best for the Giants future.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Is Eli done? I mean, he's not winning or throwing for a ton, but he's also not turning the ball over (2:1 ratio), still completing balls at above his career accuracy, and has had no running game, defense, or receivers for most of the year. It just seems like an "everything that can go wrong has" sort of year in NY and Eli is taking the fall here.

Reactions: SnS

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Tons of Giants alumni have voiced their intense displeasure with how this was handled.

This season has been something to behold.
the Giants turned into the Jets in 3 short months
amazing
Eli is not done imo

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Cut him and let him sign in Jacksonville. The Jags go from decent team to legitimate contenders with Eli at the helm over that trash can in Bortles.

Plus i'm pretty sure the AFC South plays the NFC East next season. A chance to get sweet revenge for him.

Dude's still got something in the tank in my opinion.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, the Giants aren't going to improve at all with Geno Smith at QB. Got to think a QB is going to them in the 1st round in 2018.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Is Eli done? I mean, he's not winning or throwing for a ton, but he's also not turning the ball over (2:1 ratio), still completing balls at above his career accuracy, and has had no running game, defense, or receivers for most of the year. It just seems like an "everything that can go wrong has" sort of year in NY and Eli is taking the fall here.

he might be better than last year imo..

he's probably average to slightly below average QB at this point but this offense isn't clearly an ideal fit for him (well, probably no one) so maybe he could have some sort of resurgance with a better scheme and talent around him.

Reactions: What the Faulk

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
This is really gross what has happened with the Giants here. They're supposed to be a class organization and this is not that, this is nonsenese you would expect from Oakland or Dallas. I hope McAdoo is fired at the end of the season.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I mean Eli said just play Geno and Davis and forget the streak. He took the onus off the coach and McAdoo is still getting torched alive rofl

Francesca’s take on this was hilarious. :laugh:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
This is really gross what has happened with the Giants here. They're supposed to be a class organization and this is not that, this is nonsenese you would expect from Oakland or Dallas. I hope McAdoo is fired at the end of the season.

Last time I checked the last legend the Raiders had was Charles Woodson and they did every single thing they could to get him a touchdown in his last home game. Including trying to have him throw a TD pass to Carr.

This is like if the Packers and Jets had forced Favre to stay on their rosters.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
Last time I checked the last legend the Raiders had was Charles Woodson and they did every single thing they could to get him a touchdown in his last home game. Including trying to have him throw a TD pass to Carr.

This is like if the Packers and Jets had forced Favre to stay on their rosters.
But the raiders are a circus, that's the thing. There's always some controversy with them. The Giants are supposed to be the class of the league. The way this was done shows a marquee, super bowl winning organization in disarray, much like the Raiders were for years (and I guess a little bit still with how their season is going)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->