NFL: 2017 NFL Season News & Notes Discussion Thread (Bucs keep Koetter/GB signs Adams)

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
God awful?

9 games (4-5 as starter)
175-271 (64.6%)
1,602 yds
13 TD's
9 INT
82.7 QB Rtg

It has been disappointing season for Cutler and Dolphins but certainly far from god awful

God awful is the year Kizer is having or the play of someone like Brian Hoyer

Cutler has been a disaster. The veteran threw three interceptions in the first 19 minutes of the game Sunday against the league's 28th-ranked pass defense by DVOA, giving him nine picks and a 36.4 Total QBR for the season, the latter of which is just ahead of Joe Flacco in 27th place. Cutler left at halftime with a concussion and turned things over to Moore, who was making his second appearance of the year as an injury fill-in. In the first, Moore threw for 188 yards and two touchdowns in leading the Dolphins back from 14 points down for a comeback win over the Jets.

On Sunday, Moore threw for 282 yards and a touchdown in the second half against the Bucs, bringing Miami back from a 20-7 deficit to tie the score with three minutes left, only for his defense to allow a game-winning drive to Ryan Fitzpatrick. Moore did post an absolute dud in his lone start of the season against the Ravens, but it's clear that he's better than Cutler. The Dolphins have just a 2.5 percent chance of making the postseason after losing four straight games, but with Moore an impending free agent and Cutler surely returning to the booth after the year, should they really be in a rush to stick Cutler back into the lineup?

Kizer/Hoyer have the excuse of playing on the leagues two worst teams. Kizer also being a rookie and Hoyer not fit to be a starter.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
1602 yards in 9 games, two of which he only played half of, so 8 games. That's 200 yards a game. Just look at who they've played.

Cutler also has zero velocity these days and no longer throws down the field.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I mean, I totally get it why it wasn't, but the Packers/Steelers game should have been flexed out of Sunday night in favor of the Saints/Rams game. I highly doubt that game was protected by CBS. I mean, I get it because the Packers and Steelers have two of the biggest fanbases. But man, that game will probably get really ugly.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I mean, I totally get it why it wasn't, but the Packers/Steelers game should have been flexed out of Sunday night in favor of the Saints/Rams game. I highly doubt that game was protected by CBS. I mean, I get it because the Packers and Steelers have two of the biggest fanbases. But man, that game will probably get really ugly.

As a Packers fan I agree 100%. With no Rodgers, we are likely going to get slaughtered and the majority of people watching will be dong it for fantasy football purposes.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
5.4 yards per pass attempt is pathetic. even hoyer has better. 3rd worst in the league among starters, 4 if we count hundley.

LMAO at flaccos 4.4 yards per pass attempt. some teams are more efficient running the ball.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I understand the use of quick passes. YAC is important but teams like the Ravens and Dolphins and Packers are just so bland. Its a testament to how good Rodgers is that he makes a traditional WCO work in the modern NFL.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Seahawks cut Dwight Freeney? What? He was claimed by the Lions.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Seahawks cut Dwight Freeney? What? He was claimed by the Lions.

Pretty odd to cut a guy who's been productive for a banged up defense yet keep guys like Rawls and Lacy on the roster. Oh Seattle.

Reactions: Voight

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Apparently it's complicated, but SEA needed that spot to promote Moore off the PS before another team snagged him...and have too many DE already. I liked Freeney and it sucks to see him go.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Apparently it's complicated, but SEA needed that spot to promote Moore off the PS before another team snagged him...and have too many DE already. I liked Freeney and it sucks to see him go.

Still.... theres gotta be someone else they could have cut. Freeney is still productive.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

Of all the excellent games that week, how do you stick with the eye bleach that is the Baltimore Ravens in primetime again? They got waxed by Pittsburgh in the first matchup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad