NFL: 2017 NFL Season News & Notes Discussion Thread (Bucs keep Koetter/GB signs Adams)

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
If I'm the Browns I'm throwing money at Scot McCloughan and giving him the keys. Sashi Brown is in over his head.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
You don't know if Hogan and Kessler have zero upside

Both have shown flashes in NFL and are both are only 24

Flashes? They are terrible. Hogan can't throw and Kessler isn't much better. Kizer has made mistakes but also more big plays than both of them. Hue is doing him no favors. Factor that in with worst set skill players in the league and you have a disaster.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21109721/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-able-return-late-season

Doctors told the Green Bay Packers that they believe quarterback Aaron Rodgers will be able to resume throwing in six weeks, giving him a chance to return near the end of the regular season, league sources told ESPN.
But for Rodgers to make it back after he suffered a broken right clavicle in last Sunday's game against the Vikings, the Packers will have to do their part. If the Packers can stay in the NFC North race or compete for a wild-card spot, the team thinks there is a chance Rodgers can rejoin them later this season. If the Packers struggle and fall out of playoff contention, there would be no reason to push Rodgers to return.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
With any luck, Mike Mitchell and Vontaze Burifct will somehow take each other out one day. Permanently.

He had a nice one-handed stab last week too. I'd love to see him run more routes instead of runs up the middle or pass blocking, both of which he's been pretty bad at so far.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
It was such an absurd story but he just kept digging a deeper hole for himself

And it hurt his draft stock

I was in a Facebook sports talk group at the time, and there was this one die-hard ND fan... kept saying he was going to be one of the best players in the NFL... then kept trying to defend him after Girlfriendgate... needless to say it was fun seeing Manti fall in the draft and get exposed.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I never got the ridicule for Te'o, I always just kinda felt sorry for him. It always seemed to me he just got taken advantage of, maybe that makes him a sucker or responsible for some poor judgement, but he was still essentially the victim of fraud and people never seemed to realize that it's a pretty ****ed-up dynamic to laugh at him instead of pointing the finger at the guy responsible for the fraud.

As for his NFL career, there have been worse players. Two-down run stoppers aren't in vogue anymore, but at least he does what he does well, and I've honestly been surprised at his sideline-to-sideline range on a couple occasions.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Man you know its a weird year for the NFL when the Eagles have the best record in the NFL :amazed:
we're a juggernaut!
one could look at the iggles schedule and say they've lost to the one good team they've played, but how many "good" teams are there in the NFL? 5?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
we're a juggernaut!
one could look at the iggles schedule and say they've lost to the one good team they've played, but how many "good" teams are there in the NFL? 5?

They've benefitted from the Skins inconsistency, Zeke not being the same/Cowboy's OL and defence not holding up and the Giants awful start + the loss of OBJ

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia

Been hearing this may happen all day, guess it did. Not what he once was but we won't need him to start. Frank Clark will learn a lot from this guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad