Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
dont-cry-because-its-over-smile-because-it-happened-2.jpg

bhvpvydciaedvql.jpg

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Intern's Photoshop updates didn't get installed in time, maybe for the 19-20 season!

I can only remember one time ever that a jersey came out that wasn't in that catalogue from when I used to work in apparel, and it was for one of the outdoor games, and it was a major exception, AND stores were given advance notice of the error in the catalogue.

It's possible we just slipped through the cracks, but it would be the first time for a 3rd jersey.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I can only remember one time ever that a jersey came out that wasn't in that catalogue from when I used to work in apparel, and it was for one of the outdoor games, and it was a major exception, AND stores were given advance notice of the error in the catalogue.

It's possible we just slipped through the cracks, but it would be the first time for a 3rd jersey.

What jersey?

So in this case do you think it was a money issue (unsure if that would factor in here, does the team pay for the design and production run?) or they forgot? What else could it be?, I personally don't buy that it would be a strategic decision from the knee jerk Senators that's for sure because well yeah...see teams recent history!

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
What jersey?

So in this case do you think it was a money issue (unsure if that would factor in here, does the team pay for the design and production run?) or they forgot? What else could it be?, I personally don't buy that it would be a strategic decision from the knee jerk Senators that's for sure because well yeah...see teams recent history!

Man, that was a while ago. I want to say it was either the Flyers jersey in 2010, or maybe the Wings jersey the year before? Our rep explained it to us that it was something to do with the font. Something about the design of the jersey had changed and someone somehwere had pulled the listing in the catalogue by accident as a response? At least that's how our rep had explained it to us.

The thing is, we knew that the jersey should have been there, because it's not like a team will play itself in an outdoor game, lol. We knew enough to order them anyways. For a 3rd jersey, having it missing on the retail catalogue would be disastrous. I seriously doubt they'd release it with that kind of error.

Last edited:
Reactions: NB613 and Upgrayedd

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
I thought the same thing when I first saw the article. A better poll would have 2D, 3D, O, and other as the options.

Agreed. I would have voted "Roman Senator theme" because I want the 2D Senator back but I absolutely detest the 3D so that poll doesn't really express my opinion.

The fact that Melnyk doesn't even mention the 2D logo in this quote worries me a lot.

"Fans like the 3D centurion but they also like the heritage jerseys, so we’re going to come somewhere back with an accommodation I believe.”

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Agreed. I would have voted "Roman Senator theme" because I want the 2D Senator back but I absolutely detest the 3D so that poll doesn't really express my opinion.

The fact that Melnyk doesn't even mention the 2D logo in this quote worries me a lot.

"Fans like the 3D centurion but they also like the heritage jerseys, so we’re going to come somewhere back with an accommodation I believe.”
Clueless as ever. Not shocked in the slightest. What an utter nincompoop.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
love that 3rd with gold.
i prefer the black to be all black, no white, but im not gonna complain if we finish with that particular set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->