2017 New Logo/Jersey News And Concepts | Part 2 | Disappointment Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
And it will be some time today...

I know but these things are usually earlier in the day. You rarely see evening news conferences. I'm also just wondering why i haven't seen any social media saying, for example, "sens press conference to unveil jersey at 2pm" or something like that. Shouldn't they hype this thing up? I feel like marketing misses opportunities. I almost completely forgot about this until my buddy at work showed me a moc up yesterday. They need to do a better job of getting people talking in anticipation for these things. The sens twitter or facebook should be all over this. tsn1200 hasn't mentioned new jerseys in the last hour that i've been listening. They're talking about belleville.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I know but these things are usually earlier in the day. You rarely see evening news conferences. I'm also just wondering why i haven't seen any social media saying, for example, "sens press conference to unveil jersey at 2pm" or something like that. Shouldn't they hype this thing up? I feel like marketing misses opportunities. I almost completely forgot about this until my buddy at work showed me a moc up yesterday. They need to do a better job of getting people talking in anticipation for these things. The sens twitter or facebook should be all over this.
Being a budget team includes the marketing department or should I say lack thereof.

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
I think that's just a guess based on the photos available. I'm not sure that will even be close to what we get. Maybe, but I'm not so sure.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I like the concept of a red in the heritage style. Was hoping it might be part of the re-brand in a year or two (along with a return to the original white). The silver will look weird probably but that's game specific and no big deal.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Here's ours. Such a weird angle that it's hard to really analyze the thing, but it looks like a white O to me?

EDIT to add the image the official Twitter posted.

DOninXxX4AAa6Kp.jpg:large
DOnkQIVWsAEgCLS.jpg:large

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Looks pretty good to me. Not sure about the color of the O. I think it would be cool if it were gold.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Looks pretty good to me. Not sure about the color of the O. I think it would be cool if it were gold.

My initial thought is I prefer the black O but this is likely a one off for the outdoor game, gotta see them in person and or a proper photo of someone wearing one.

I am rejoicing as that 3D kiddie crest seems to have been officially retired! Baby steps people!

Last edited:

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I was expecting worse. O is weird but that seems league driven. Would like to see how that jersey would look if gold replaced the silver.

Reactions: Icelevel

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The O just doesn't work. Looks like a washed-out silver/grey from too many spins in the washer. Even with the official pics you can tell they're having trouble reproducing the subtlety of the silver with the lighting. Might look better on the players but I'm not holding out hope for that.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Ehhhnnn....not amazing but it's decent.

I like the idea. I feel like they could have done the same concept with better execution.

I have a feeling they didn't have a choice in some of these design elements.

Like... all the silver seems forced by the league because it's a premier event and they wanted to do something special.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
If you replace this rounder silver "O" with the sleeker, more oval updated one we've been using up until this year on our black 3rds, and get rid of the silver on the jersey (everywhere), then I would be totally fine if this were our new home jersey.

It's not perfect, but with a few changes it could easily be a fine home/road set.

In addition to your changes, with black and white stripes at the bottom of the jersey, I agree these would be viable going forward.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
In addition to your changes, with black and white stripes at the bottom of the jersey, I agree these would be viable going forward.

True, that would probably complete the design.

Also: one very important design feature this jersey mercifully abandoned? No brutal halo collar like the one on the current home & away jerseys. That in itself is cause for some celebration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad