2017 New Logo/Jersey News And Concepts | Part 2 | Disappointment Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I hope the silver stays to stripes and not the logo. That'd be gross. Red barber pole with a white O sounds dope. I'll probably get a Stone.
EDIT:
^looks promising

I think the team's should have went for retro 92 jerseys for Ottawa's inaugural season but this seems cool too.

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Even from the bits we're seeing, I gotta tell ya, the classic jersey thing does NOT work with the Adidas template, especially not with that collar. I'll stick to trying to find the one from the last Classic game with the off-white heritage.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Even from the bits we're seeing, I gotta tell ya, the classic jersey thing does NOT work with the Adidas template, especially not with that collar. I'll stick to trying to find the one from the last Classic game with the off-white heritage.

I have a Lehner one hanging in my closet, collecting dust...

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
There's nothing really classic about these outdoor games or the merchandising around them besdies the name. The Adidas collar matches up with the massive 21st century outdoor stadiums and the commercial nature of the whole thing. The only thing retro or classic at this game will be the north side's concession stands.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Jesus christ, we have pretty much NOTHING to go on here. Why the negativity already?? I find myself coming here less and less...very little optimism about anything it seems.

Reactions: saskriders

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Looks like the only question is if the O is white, silver or black, im enjoying what i am seeing in the hints and will likely snag one.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
awesome, gonna be black silver white with a white O in the middle

red heritage - good choice

similar but new

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
awesome, gonna be black silver white with a white O in the middle

red heritage - good choice

similar but new

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I did not realize we were the Ottawa Hurricanes. That's all those colors remind me of.

We'll see.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I bet you this is our home jersey 2 or 3 years down the line when (if) we eventually change to the Heritage branding full time. Except, they will have a possibly ugly silver O on this one to make it different enough from our future home jersey.

The O is either white or silver based on the sketch in that promotional video. White would be less ugly than silver. I'm leaning towards silver based on the silver logo in some of the graphics.

$

Posted this on the last page, but this is a rough design of what it seems like it might look like. Ignore the Reebok template and crests.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
^ i think the guy on reddit said it was a White O

havent seen it silver in anything

and the stripes go black-silver-white not white-silver-black from top down

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I bet as soon as possible we see the black heritage become the home, the white heritage become the away (with cream changed to white), and the red heritage become the third (with silver removed).

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
I bet as soon as possible we see the black heritage become the home, the white heritage become the away (with cream changed to white), and the red heritage become the third (with silver removed).
I don't know if they'll go full heritage. I think we'll see either the black or the red one become the home jersey(my preference is the black) with a white away version, and then an alternate centurion one either red or black depending on what colour the home jersey is. Although I wouldn't be opposed to the team doing all 3 heritage, just what I think they team will do

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
It’s interesting that it appears we are now identifying with the original sens by having their cup years embroidered on the jersey

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
It’s interesting that it appears we are now identifying with the original sens by having their cup years embroidered on the jersey

Both teams jerseys will have the cup years embroidered into the silver stripes on the arms of the jersey as per the teaser images.

We've had banners hanging for those cups, retired Finnigan's number, the entire 'Bring Back The Sens' campaign was based on the historical relevance of the prior team. So for a heritage game, I think it's par for the course to acknowledge those cups. They aren't really this franchise's cups, but this franchise has always acknowledged them as a piece of NHL hockey history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad