2017 NCAA Frozen Four | Denver vs Minnesota-Duluth

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Freaking Notre Dame. Yuck.

Hope Denver doesn't let Penn State make it in. I can tolerate anybody but Notre Dame and Penn State winning.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Q: How old were you the last time BC AND Michigan missed the playoffs? Chances are, you did not exist. 1989 was the last time it happened.

Last edited:

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Duluth has some serious puck luck going. They will, presumably, play Denver in the final. Denver is a machine but I'm sticking with my pick of The Dogs for the title. It just seems like Duluth has the mojo going for them.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Denver made ND look like a JV team last night. This is going to be one hell of a championship game between 2 teams from the toughest conference in the nation. Have to go with Denver

WildGopher

Jun 13, 2012
Good to hear Colorado can still beat Minnesota at hockey :))

Congrats to U. of Denver for a great win by a deep team. They were rated 2nd much of the year, but improved to #1 and kept that when it was decided on the ice, not just in the polls. They earned it on paper and on the ice.

But just how did "Colorado . . . beat Minnesota?" If you want to get into that foolishness, look at the rosters. There's half a dozen Coloradans on the Pioneers; about 2/3rd of the Duluth team are from the state where the college is located. There's historical reasons the Minnesota schools do that, but that's beside the point here, too. Boosterism for a school is fine; but to try to extrapolate that to something it obviously doesn't mean is kind of nuts.

Anyway, I echo Canadiens58's congrats to the Pioneers and I'll add the same for the other college champs this year, too - Division 1 and 3, men and women. CIS teams, too. They provide a lot of entertainment, along with opportunities for their athletes. I hope more colleges take up the sport.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->