2017 NBA Offseason Thread

darko

Feb 16, 2009
everyone is making a BIG Deal about KD and his "fake IG" accounts who cares. He can do anything he want within legal boundaries, he's a champion

"but he is an INSECURE guy who can't take criticism so he has to use alts"

So what

he has RINGS that's all that matter

"I killed a guy once but it's all good, I'm a Champion. I have a Ring"

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
everyone is making a BIG Deal about KD and his "fake IG" accounts who cares. He can do anything he want within legal boundaries, he's a champion

So what

I love how you say everyone is making a big deal of it and who cares but you're the first one to bring it up...

I personally think it was someone who handles his account that was gonna defend him on his personal account or something along those lines. But if it is him basically making burner accounts to make himself look better, that's just sad lol. If I found out a friend made a fake twitter or Facebook account to pump themselves up and make themselves look good, I'd think they're a psychopath and stop being friends with them :laugh:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

So what

Okay, KD. Stick to Twitter.

Sep 19, 2008
Okay, KD. Stick to Twitter.

It's honestly the most ridiculous thing and I hated how ESPN actually bothered to discuss it. The next day on First Take Stephen A was just going off on it and it's like who cares, is this really news?

"It's the offseason, what else are they going to talk about?"

I don't know, but not this?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

So what

His "fake IG account" isn't even a real thing. he has a personal IG account, that he uses for family & friends - which is perfectly fine because he doesn't want people to know where is he 24/7 or what he's doing.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
His "fake IG account" isn't even a real thing. he has a personal IG account, that he uses for family & friends - which is perfectly fine because he doesn't want people to know where is he 24/7 or what he's doing.

He got the social media wrong on purpose to show how little he cares.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
It's honestly the most ridiculous thing and I hated how ESPN actually bothered to discuss it. The next day on First Take Stephen A was just going off on it and it's like who cares, is this really news?

"It's the offseason, what else are they going to talk about?"

I don't know, but not this?

You seem to care the most of anyone. Shouldn't you be focused more on your Yankees/Nationals/Capitals or whoever is trendy now?

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I think it's very much worth discussing the Durant thing. There's always been talk about him not being able to take the heat and stuff like that, especially this offseason. At first I thought he was just having fun interacting with people when they troll him on Twitter. But having a fake account to defend yourself? Dude seems really self-conscious. Not sure the ring+finals MVP has let him take his focus off the heat he's caught since the move. Brought it all on himself though, so whatever helps him deal with it.

There was an article the other day too about how he was angry after going to GSW and calling his agent, asking him why he let him do that, cause the reaction was so bad.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

His list is now the Rockets, Cavs, and a mystery team. Apparently he's still refusing to put the Blazers on the list.

Melo isn't giving them much to work with but him still being on the Knicks after that crazy NBA offseason is surprising. I figured they would've found a way to make it happen for sure because the two sides want nothing to do with each other.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

His list is now the Rockets, Cavs, and a mystery team. Apparently he's still refusing to put the Blazers on the list.

Melo isn't giving them much to work with but him still being on the Knicks after that crazy NBA offseason is surprising. I figured they would've found a way to make it happen for sure because the two sides want nothing to do with each other.

Mystery team ended up being OKC, makes sense seeing as they are the only other team with two stars.

You can't blame Melo for having a small list. Why would he care to play elsewhere if he doesn't have much of a chance to win a title with that team? May as well stay in NY. Anyhow, Presti did some magic again and got a star player without giving up too much, even if Melo is in his 30's.

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013

he has 1 ring and that ring has an asterisk attached to it

the entire twitter fake account thing just proved how insecure and how much of a ***** he really is

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The asterisk you get when you join a 73-win team?

Ha. I laugh when people mention this.

Do you not realize he took over as bus driver when he joined that team? Do you not realize he was in MVP consideration until he got injured in March? Do you not realize he was far and away the best GSW during the finals? Do you not realize he's a big reason why they went 16-1?

In March (when he was out), they went 12-4, their worst monthly record last season. He ended up finishing 10th in MVP voting, which is impressive since he missed 1/4 of the season, and played with 3 other stars. Overall he was GSW best player last year.

NBA Finals Stat Lines

38-9-8
33-6-3-5 (blocks)
31-9-4
35-4-4
39-6-5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad