2017 NBA Offseason Thread

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Sacramento actually signed good players this off-season

George Hill, Zach Randolph (if the man isn't gonna keep a brother down), Vince Carter, and Bogdan Bogdonovic were all smart adds to a team that needed an influx of veteran leadership

The Lakers' best player is Brook Lopez, who is fine, but he has been the best player on last place teams in the very recent past

Neither team will be close to the playoffs in the stacked-ass western conference, but the Lakers are a legit bottom feeder while the Kings might be just good enough to have a less than ideal draft pick

Because his teams have him plus (insert journeyman player here)

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Because his teams have him plus (insert journeyman player here)

Now he's playing with a rookie, a 2nd year player, a 3rd year player (Randle's "rookie" year shouldn't count), and KCP

Lonzo might be a really good player eventually, but rookies don't tend to contribute heavily to wins unless they are a generational talent like a Jordan or Lebron, and while Ball is an incredibly impressive passer, his scoring, defense, and physicality leave a lot to be desired and I doubt he will be truly transformative in his first year

KCP is essentially a replacement level starting 2 guard, he's decent defensively but he is not particularly efficient offensively, he's not a playmaker, and he has never been called upon to shoot at high volume

Brandon Ingram was BAD as a rookie, all he can do is shoot and he shot very poorly; again, rookies don't tend to move the needle, but he has a lot to prove before one should expect to count on him for production

Randle is the most promising starter Lopez will get to play with, and players usually start to break out at that 3rd or 4th year mark, so there is a chance he has a big season, but having your 2 most impactful players in the frontcourt is not a great recipe for success in today's NBA, just look at the Grizzlies and the Pelicans

I see no reason to buy into the Laker hype, not for next season anyway, the good news for them is that all of these young guys have a lot of room for improvement, the bad news is that they will be bad and don't have their 1st round pick this season

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Why do I read your posts in Skip Bayless' voice? Don't you have something better to do, like leave a Nats game in the 6th inning or something?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
So you are saying Sacramento will make the playoffs this year?? Are you serious?

What lol? I'm trying to prove to you how stupid your pount was. Whatever happened in previous years has no bearing on what will happen this year. Sac's previous failures means absolutely nothing this year.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Maybe not, but they're much more likely to do so than the Lakers are, and that's the point.

That and Fox > Ball. :)

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
As a Lakers fan I need Ball to be better than Fox, but I do believe Fox will end up the better player.

I honestly don't see the Kings being THAT much better than the Lakers. Both will be bottom-feeders again.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
the kings have no doubt improved. i can see them contending for the 8th spot at best though

fox is going to be very good. i'm 99.9% sure about that. he gives it his all each and every play and his hustle alone is very fun to watch. but ball is going to be a star. that passing ability doesn't come around very often and his basketball IQ is off the charts

Sep 19, 2008
everyone is making a BIG Deal about KD and his "fake IG" accounts who cares. He can do anything he want within legal boundaries, he's a champion

"but he is an INSECURE guy who can't take criticism so he has to use alts"

So what

he has RINGS that's all that matter

Sep 19, 2008
Stop angling for a career on First Take, man. It's not gonna happen for you here.

If Durant was on the Wizards nobody would give a **** about his fake IG accounts and he would be encouraged. But since he is on the Warriors and has shown no interest in returning to Washington (not because he doesn't like DC...but rather because he felt like he could do all he could in DC growing up and he wants to expand somewhere new) it's suddenly not proper to have fake IG accounts. I mean who cares. Is this really what we are going to complain about these days? Complain about his game. Complain about his inability to win rings (oh by the way that story is irrelevant now as he is a world champion). Ain't nobody care about some manufactured drama like IS IT ETHICAL FOR DURANT TO USE MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS. Social Media is serious business, people.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
the thing about KD is that it's pretty mindblowing how much he actually cares about what a bunch of nobodies are saying about him on twitter

it's just sad. one of the best players in the world is going out of his way everytime some 12 year old kid says something mean about him online

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
KD is the one of the weakest minded superstars of all time. Looking back it shouldn't be surprising he went to the Warriors.

Sep 19, 2008
It's literally a non story. So what, some guy creates alternate accounts. This is TMZ drama all about nothing, this is high school "Janie did WHAT in the locker room, did you HEAR about THIS OMG"

Pointless prattle and gossip that has nothing to do with his game at all.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
People like talking about superstar athletes and every aspect of their lives they can get their hands on. More news at 7.

Sep 19, 2008
People like talking about superstar athletes and every aspect of their lives they can get their hands on. More news at 7.

Yeah, that's why they call it TMZ sports or TMZ. It's mindless prattle and rumor mill gossip. At least I can stand something like IS LEBRON GOING TO THE LAKERS BECAUSE HE VISITED LA HIGH SCHOOLS but this is just ridiculous.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
People expect superstar athletes who have been coddled and praised since their teenage years to be "above" the petty social media nonsense that they themselves can't get enough of just because they are very good at playing a game

This off-season has made Kevin Durant my favorite player in the league, he is an unreal and unstoppable talent on the floor and he is a vulnerable and sensitive man off the court, he's a complex and and fascinating individual

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Nah he's still a wuss.

You're an NBA champion, finals MVP, former ROTY, league MVP. Who ****s a flying **** what joe six-pack has to say about you?

Welcome to life, Kevin. Not everyone is going to like you, some may even hate you for irrational reasons. Be a man and let it slide.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
People expect superstar athletes who have been coddled and praised since their teenage years to be "above" the petty social media nonsense that they themselves can't get enough of just because they are very good at playing a game

This off-season has made Kevin Durant my favorite player in the league, he is an unreal and unstoppable talent on the floor and he is a vulnerable and sensitive man off the court, he's a complex and and fascinating individual

Being vulnerable and sensitive is one thing. Being obsessed with what faceless people on social media think of you is a whole other thing. You can get away with it if you're Marcin Gortat, not when you're Kevin Durant and went to ****ing Golden State like a little *****.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
everyone is making a BIG Deal about KD and his "fake IG" accounts who cares. He can do anything he want within legal boundaries, he's a champion

"but he is an INSECURE guy who can't take criticism so he has to use alts"

So what

he has RINGS that's all that matter

People are just mad a player did what was best for him and it worked. I was pissed he left OKC but he's still my favorite player, if I had a chance to win a ring and the best team in the league offered me a contract, hell yea I'd do it.

the thing about KD is that it's pretty mindblowing how much he actually cares about what a bunch of nobodies are saying about him on twitter

it's just sad. one of the best players in the world is going out of his way everytime some 12 year old kid says something mean about him online

LeBron used to be the same way too. Even to this day he lets criticism get to his head, just not as much as previous years. None of us know what its like to be in their position.

the kings have no doubt improved. i can see them contending for the 8th spot at best though

Going to be hard as hell.

Warriors, Spurs, Rockets, OKC, Clips, Trail Blazers, T-Wolves are easily better than them. Then you make arguments for Memphis, Denver, NO & Dallas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->