2017 NBA Offseason Thread

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Really would like to see the stats on videos you've posted around this website that no one wants to watch. Got a First Take video to accompany that?

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I'm a big fan of Fox (reminds me of Wall), but I really don't expect him to be a better point guard than Lonzo next season. You can't teach the stuff Ball can do.

Sep 19, 2008
If you are talking record I think Ball will help LA reach the playoffs faster than Fox can for Sacramento. I mean other than Fox who else is on the Kings?

Meanwhile on LA you got Ball, yes, but also a ton of players with potential. I ain't saying Lakers will win no title but expect them to push hard for the 8th seed in the west.

Sep 19, 2008
And the Lakers aren't? Lol

Not anymore!! Right now this team is about 8th seed in west. They will be in the discussion!!

Also FYI the main culprit for the Lakers demise have been forced out. Jerry Buss is no longer there. Magic Johnson took over and that guy is a winner with a winning mentality. It should be curious to see how quickly the Lakers get back to being the best team in the league.

Last edited:

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Sacramento actually signed good players this off-season

George Hill, Zach Randolph (if the man isn't gonna keep a brother down), Vince Carter, and Bogdan Bogdonovic were all smart adds to a team that needed an influx of veteran leadership

The Lakers' best player is Brook Lopez, who is fine, but he has been the best player on last place teams in the very recent past

Neither team will be close to the playoffs in the stacked-ass western conference, but the Lakers are a legit bottom feeder while the Kings might be just good enough to have a less than ideal draft pick

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Really would like to see the stats on videos you've posted around this website that no one wants to watch. Got a First Take video to accompany that?
:teach:

I have no idea where this Lakers 8th seed stuff is coming from, but I'm seeing it more and more. 8th seed last year had 41 wins, the Lakers had 26. It'd be cool if Lonzo added 15+ wins to their record, but I'm skeptical to say the least. Ingram has a lot to prove still as well.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
they're not going to make the playoffs next season but they're going to be a whole lot better than they've been the past few seasons

ball will make an immediate impact. ingram (who has apparently grown to 6'11) and randle i can both see making significant strides this coming season, and the additions of KCP on D and lopez round out a pretty decent cast. and that's not even including kids like nance, kuzma, and zubac

Sep 19, 2008
:teach:

I have no idea where this Lakers 8th seed stuff is coming from, but I'm seeing it more and more. 8th seed last year had 41 wins, the Lakers had 26. It'd be cool if Lonzo added 15+ wins to their record, but I'm skeptical to say the least. Ingram has a lot to prove still as well.

You're also forgetting they signed Brook Lopez.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
they're not going to make the playoffs next season but they're going to be a whole lot better than they've been the past few seasons

ball will make an immediate impact. ingram (who has apparently grown to 6'11) and randle i can both see making significant strides this coming season, and the additions of KCP on D and lopez round out a pretty decent cast. and that's not even including kids like nance, kuzma, and zubac

I'm not sold on Brandon Ingram. I personally don't believe he'll grow into a star player in the NBA.

Sep 19, 2008
In a comedic rant Lonzo predicts 50+ wins for LA this year which provokes Stephen A into a hilarious fit

The reason to watch these First Take clips is to see Stephen A just erupt :rant::laugh:

What's his WAR?

Basketball has WAR now? Thought that was a baseball thingy :amazed: He average 20 ppg last year. Him and Pope this year wow :amazed:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I'm not sold on Brandon Ingram. I personally don't believe he'll grow into a star player in the NBA.

he's got all the tools to blossom into a star

i think he just needs to grow into his body and we'll see him do what he's got the potential to do

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
In a comedic rant Lonzo predicts 50+ wins for LA this year which provokes Stephen A into a hilarious fit

The reason to watch these First Take clips is to see Stephen A just erupt :rant::laugh:

Basketball has WAR now? Thought that was a baseball thingy :amazed: He average 20 ppg last year. Him and Pope this year wow :amazed:

I know why he is getting this attention, but this **** is beyond old now. Guy is seriously delusional (if he's not actually just being a troll, but I think he's serious) and I for one would love nothing more than for the Lakers to continue being stuck in the pit that they are. I'm sure his excuses for why his son didn't lead the Lakers to the playoffs will be golden.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
lakers haven't had a big man who could score since gasol. not to mention lopez can shoot the 3

it's a pretty big addition

It's a good addition and will help offensively but he's also a turnstile on D. Somewhat allergic to rebounding too.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Sacramento actually signed good players this off-season

George Hill, Zach Randolph (if the man isn't gonna keep a brother down), Vince Carter, and Bogdan Bogdonovic were all smart adds to a team that needed an influx of veteran leadership

The Lakers' best player is Brook Lopez, who is fine, but he has been the best player on last place teams in the very recent past

Neither team will be close to the playoffs in the stacked-ass western conference, but the Lakers are a legit bottom feeder while the Kings might be just good enough to have a less than ideal draft pick
I like how this didn't get a response.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad