Prospect Info: 2017 HF Devils Top 20 Prospect Rankings: #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
[table="head;width=3000]Rank|Player|POS|Draft Position|2016-17 Team(s)|Vote %|2016 Result|2015 Result
#1|Nico Hischier|C|2017 #1|Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL)|---|Pavel Zacha|Pavel Zacha
#2|Michael McLeod|C|2016 #12|Mississauga Steelheads (OHL)|82.02%|Michael McLeod|Steven Santini
#3|Steve Santini|D|2013 #42|Albany Devils (AHL)/New Jersey Devils (NHL)|71.26%|Steven Santini|John Quenneville
#4|John Quenneville|LW/RW|2014 #30|Albany Devils (AHL)/New Jersey Devils (NHL)|68.18%|John Quenneville|Reid Boucher
#5|Blake Speers|C/RW|2015 #67|Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (OHL)|33.3%|Mackenzie Blackwood|Stefan Matteau
#6|Yegor Rykov|D|2016 #132|SKA St. Petersburg (KHL)|22%|Joseph Blandisi|MacKenzie Blackwood

[/table]

Please remember to vote for who you want to add to the poll next. Most votes gets included in the next poll

[table="head;width=150]Eligible Prospects
Michael Kapla
Yaroslav Dyblenko
Ken Appleby
Colby Sissons
Gilles Senn
Marian Studenic
Aarne Talvitie
Jocktain Chainey
Yegor Zaitsev
Matthew Hellickson
Mikhail Maltsev
Evan Cormier
Jesper Bratt
Jeremy Davies
Colton White
Brett Seney
Josh Jacobs
J.D. Dudek
Brandon Baddock
Ryan Kujawinski
[/table]

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Bit of a toss-up between Boqvist and Blackwood for me - both 2nd round picks, and Blackwood's progressed nicely since being selected, though he did struggle in the WJC.

Went with Boqvist. Could also see Anderson in the mix for this spot given his season last year or Wood given that he's already broken through to the NHL.

I would add Senn, as I'd generally vote the latest draft class in the order they were selected.

Last edited:

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
b2ap3_thumbnail_Big-Mac-2010-ad.jpg

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Bit of a toss-up between Boqvist and Blackwood for me - both 2nd round picks, and Blackwood's progressed nicely since being selected, though he did struggle in the WJC.

Went with Boqvist. Could also see Anderson in the mix for this spot given his season last year or Wood given that he's already broken through to the NHL.

I would add Senn, as I'd generally vote the latest draft class in the order they were selected.

Boqvist edges this for me, I'll definitely be voting Anderson & Blackwood next though, the three of them are very close.

After that it gets a little trickier, right now i'd probably lean towards Walsh, he looked fantastic at the development camp.

Wood is supremely overrated, i'm surprised he's getting any votes. I can't fault the intensity with which he plays, but his game has so many deficiencies that he'll need to overcome if he wants to be anything more than a fourth line sparkplug going forward. I simply can't overlook those in the context of these rankings, he really needs a full year in the AHL to develop the weaker aspects of his game in an easier environment, unfortunately I don't think he'll get that which may further pigeonhole him into the one-dimensional role he fills currently.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Boqvist edges this for me, I'll definitely be voting Anderson & Blackwood next though, the three of them are very close.

After that it gets a little trickier, right now i'd probably lean towards Walsh, he looked fantastic at the development camp.

Wood is supremely overrated, i'm surprised he's getting any votes. I can't fault the intensity with which he plays, but his game has so many deficiencies that he'll need to overcome if he wants to be anything more than a fourth line sparkplug going forward. I simply can't overlook those in the context of these rankings, he really needs a full year in the AHL to develop the weaker aspects of his game in an easier environment, unfortunately I don't think he'll get that which may further pigeonhole him into the one-dimensional role he fills currently.

I know we don't want every other thread to be about Wood, but since it was brought up.

Speed is important in the NHL. Wood is amongst the fastest players in the league. He also has good size, and plays with great intensity.

Yes there are holes in his game, but given his career path I think he has more room for growth then most 21 year old players. I think he has big upside, and a decent floor. When judging prospects, if you combine those 2 things, that guy will probably be rated pretty high.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Wood has potential to be a good energy bottom six winger who can get under the opposition's skin and also pop in some goals.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Again, Anderson's season was far more impressive than everyone else's. Almost PPG as a true freshman is outstanding.

Edit: Everyone outside the top-4 or 5.

Last edited:

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Again, Anderson's season was far more impressive than everyone else's. Almost PPG as a true freshman is outstanding.

I agree and have been voting Anderson but I also get his lack of an outstanding physical gift holding his ranking down.

If he follows up with another big season this year then I'll get indignant he's not getting enough attention. Lol.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Our top-10 is so much stronger than it used to be.

I don't even wanna see 3 or 4 years ago.

It may have even featured the likes of Kujawinski, Coleman, Pietila, Helgeson, Myles Bell, etc.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Next years top 10 is going to change drastically as I expect 3 or so of these guys will graduate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->