Prospect Info: 2017 HF Devils Top 20 Prospect Rankings: #18

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I don't know guys, I still think Maltsev had a great season and definitely not a bad one. 0.5 ppg in VHL is very good for someone his age (not sure if any of his peers did better). Of course, it still leaves wanting more, but, for example, Bratt scored almost the same in a similar league and noone is complaining. Also Maltsev is gonna be a Top6 Russia NT center (likely second line, but first line is not out of the question too) unless something unexpected happens, so that's also kind of telling.

Edit: I meant, Top6 center for the coming WJC, of course.

But Bratt has a ton of int'l experience with good #'s.

Maltsev has pretty limited int'l experience. Which makes me wonder if he is indeed a lock as a top 6 C in the U-20's.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
But Bratt has a ton of int'l experience with good #'s.

Maltsev has pretty limited int'l experience. Which makes me wonder if he is indeed a lock as a top 6 C in the U-20's.

Maltsev's international experience is actually decent for his age, he played 6 games for Russia U20 NT this season and a year before he had plenty of experience (both positive and negative) with the U18 NT.

About being a lock, Russia U20 NT just don't have that much center depth this year: Rubtsov, Maltsev, Shvyryov and probably Ivanov - that's basically everything this year unless there are some surprises. At the recent U20 NT camp Maltsev played with Vitaliy Abramov, who is definitely a top-six player, so it's likely it will remain that way, as I don't see anyone capable of carrying the piano for Abramov aside from Maltsev.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad