2017 Football Thread III: End of an Eli

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Would be very helpful to the Giants if the Jets felt the pressure and traded up to get the Browns #1 pick and take a QB. Then the Giants can take Barkley.

They definitely need to sign Solder now. Hopefully they can find a way to bring back Pugh as well.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
What would it cost the Jets to move to #2 . We obviously get #6 a 2nd rounder maybe their first next year??

If you go by the draft value chart, the NYG 2OA is worth 2600, Jets 6OA is 1600.

Jets have two 2nd rounders this year (37 and 49th), a combined 940pts.

So if the Jets offered their 1st and both 2nds, you'd be at 2540pts. Close.

Of course I have no idea what the Giants would actually want.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Not seeing it. This is a signing that has bust written all over it.
It reminds me of when the Rangers signed gaborik

Watkins has big time talent, just needs to stay healthy. He's the perfect #2 for Mahomes imo. Gives us a legit red zone threat, and now we have a QB who can make plays in the red zone.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
If you go by the draft value chart, the NYG 2OA is worth 2600, Jets 6OA is 1600.

Jets have two 2nd rounders this year (37 and 49th), a combined 940pts.

So if the Jets offered their 1st and both 2nds, you'd be at 2540pts. Close.

Of course I have no idea what the Giants would actually want.

The pick chart is meaningless when discussing a QB trade.

Would be the Jets 1 this year, the Jets 1 next year, and the 37th and 49th this year.

We are discussing the whole thing with the Bills right now, too. For the Bills, it'd be the 12 and 22 this year, their two 2nd rounders, and their 1 next year.

The price to move up for a QB will be exorbitant. Especially when the team you'd want to trade with also badly needs a QB.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Giants set to sign Jonathan Stewart and are pursuing Nate Solder. Can't say I see the reasoning to sign a 31-year old RB who doesn't seem to have much left in the tank. Yeah - leadership qualities, maybe sign someone that can provide leadership and still play? Goes against what Shumur said he wanted in a RB, namely one that can be a threat catching the football.

Reactions: RGY

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Jets fans, you got a good one in Crowell. Power, speed, and can catch. Not the shiftiest and not a brilliant blocker, but can be a workhorse. Never really got a chance to show his stuff because the Browns were always behind.

(Wonder if this means they’re targeting Barkley...)

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Giants set to sign Jonathan Stewart and are pursuing Nate Solder. Can't say I see the reasoning to sign a 31-year old RB who doesn't seem to have much left in the tank. Yeah - leadership qualities, maybe sign someone that can provide leadership and still play? Goes against what Shumur said he wanted in a RB, namely one that can be a threat catching the football.

Solder is replacement level and Stewart is awful.

Hilarious. Dear God would these be terrible signings. I could tolerate Stew at vet minimum. Not a penny more.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey

Hilarious. Dear God would these be terrible signings. I could tolerate Stew at vet minimum. Not a penny more.

Sounds like Giants made the same offer to Norwell as the Jags did, Norwell simply choose the Jaguars. No income tax probably didn't hurt either. Revenge for the Olivier Vernon signing for Jacksonville, I suppose.

Agreed about Stewart. Not a very inspiring beginning to free agency so far.

Last edited:

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

Lmfao at calling Solder “replacement level”, shows as much as you know about the guy who has been blocking Tom Brady’s blind side for years now...

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I love what the Jets did today. Two veteran QBs, one who still could hold a ton of upside, allowing them to take a QB in the draft if one is there that they like BUT not otherwise feel like they MUST take one.

Signing Trumaine Johnson is huge, especially if they can land another starting-caliber CB. Johnson, FA/draft, Skrine, plus the two young safeties is the makings for a very good secondary.

And then Crowell is a great signing. I've always liked him. Versatile, durable. Draft another and they're in pretty decent shape there.

Reactions: mrjimmyg89

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
The Giants are not winning anything in the near future, please don't draft Barkley at 2. I would prefer a QB but I can live with Nelson.
I just can't put faith in 67 years old GM thinking about 10-15 years in the future.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I love what the Jets did today. Two veteran QBs, one who still could hold a ton of upside, allowing them to take a QB in the draft if one is there that they like BUT not otherwise feel like they MUST take one.

Signing Trumaine Johnson is huge, especially if they can land another starting-caliber CB. Johnson, FA/draft, Skrine, plus the two young safeties is the makings for a very good secondary.

And then Crowell is a great signing. I've always liked him. Versatile, durable. Draft another and they're in pretty decent shape there.

Added Avery Williamson too. Replaces Davis. Probably a little cheaper option. Davis wanted to cash in.

Guess they'll be drafting a C. Still need some defensive line help. Losing Mo and Sheldon in less than a calendar year is a lot of talent to lose. OLB, DE, and another CB on defense.

Lost in this is that they still need to address TE. ASJ didn't re-sign. Wonder who they'll target that is still out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad