OT: 2017 Football Thread II: Rofl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

YetAnotherNorwegian

Nov 1, 2010
Just as I was beginning to believe in an 0-16 season and a real fun draft. Trying to salvage some half decent season record does nothing for the Giants.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Would be pretty typical Giants to knock off 4 in a row here, get back to 4-5, give us some hope, and then crush it.

That was the defense I expected all season. And how about that O-Line yesterday? Night and day between Sullivan and McAdoo calling the shots for the offense.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Me too, Engram is a beast. Last night’s team is exactly who I thought the Giants would be this season

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Me too, Engram is a beast. Last night’s team is exactly who I thought the Giants would be this season

Yes, him and Darkhwa were two really good take-aways from that game... OD could run through a brick wall and Engram was respected within the field, and when he wasn't he was wide open for passes.

Eli had plenty of time to throw.

Only issue is that the offense is still inconsistent as a whole, but some of that has to do with losing 3 of 4 tier 1 receivers

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I don't have a problem with this being a TD. How do you score it otherwise? What do you rule joint possession as? Tie has to go to someone, right?

To me there should be some type of "jump ball rule," for the type of joint possession that occurred there. I'm not saying the call was bad. It's just odd how that is ruled a TD when there isn't close to pure possession, while in other situations it matters what a player does 3 ft out of bounds after taking a step with the ball.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
To me there should be some type of "jump ball rule," for the type of joint possession that occurred there. I'm not saying the call was bad. It's just odd how that is ruled a TD when there isn't close to pure possession, while in other situations it matters what a player does 3 ft out of bounds after taking a step with the ball.

I tend to think that the "tie goes to the offensive player" is one of the few relatively good and somewhat bright line rules in the league, lol. Agreed re: the Shep catch, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad