OT: 2017 Football Thread II: Rofl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
All of this can't be sitting well with the owners....the Giants have always been a proud organization that conducted their business with class. Not a good look.
P.S. I wouldn't mind if this was the end of OBJ as a Giant. tremendously talented but not worth the BS.
The other issue with OBJ is that he has a slight build and takes some big hits. I question how much longevity that he'll have.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
P.S. I wouldn't mind if this was the end of OBJ as a Giant. tremendously talented but not worth the BS.

Yeah let's see if you feel the same way when you see the offense on Sunday.

OBJ is the team on that side of the ball. He's one of the most dynamic players in the league. He's top-5 at his position, at worst. You talk about "the BS". What BS? You don't like his celebrations?

It's not like he's a hot-head and getting arrested when he's off the field. There's no BS. The Giants should focus on building the offense around him, not looking forward to it being the end of his Giants career.

I don't get it at all.

EDIT -

I'll never understand Giants fans who hate Odell. Just like I'll never understand Giants fans who hate Eli (sorry, Jon :/ )

I don't know if I can name a Giants player off the top of my head who I hated. I'm getting there with Eli Apple, and I definitely hate McAdoo.

Last edited:
Reactions: ponzu4u

Tomas Sandstrom 28

Aug 3, 2005
Yeah let's see if you feel the same way when you see the offense on Sunday.

OBJ is the team on that side of the ball. He's one of the most dynamic players in the league. He's top-5 at his position, at worst. You talk about "the BS". What BS? You don't like his celebrations?

It's not like he's a hot-head and getting arrested when he's off the field. There's no BS. The Giants should focus on building the offense around him, not looking forward to it being the end of his Giants career.

I don't get it at all.

EDIT -

I'll never understand Giants fans who hate Odell. Just like I'll never understand Giants fans who hate Eli (sorry, Jon :/ )

I don't know if I can name a Giants player off the top of my head who I hated. I'm getting there with Eli Apple, and I definitely hate McAdoo.

I don't mind celebrations, I just don't like the guy. Seems like he's focused more on himself than on winning games. Maybe that's not fair to judge from afar. I want to like the guy, he just makes it awfully tough. Put it this way, if he were an Eagle or Cowboy, I would simultaneously hate his guts while reveling in his contributions towards those teams downfall.

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
Damn, silverfish, preach on. :thumbu:

There seriously are not enough :banghead: to express my sentiments when I see people in favor of trading Beckham for being a some kind of "problem."

Odell has ZERO off-field problems to this point in his career. The only perceived on-field problems center around him CARING TOO MUCH about the game. If he was such a selfish diva, I don't know... maybe he would have held out this year? Maybe he wouldn't have rushed back early from his ankle injury to help the team? Maybe there would have been a single instance of a teammate or coach saying he was trouble or a problem for any reason besides being overly passionate, over the course of his entire career.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
All of this can't be sitting well with the owners....the Giants have always been a proud organization that conducted their business with class. Not a good look.

This take is so hot that I can't even fathom touching it.

Laughable.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

I don't hate Eli at all. This is becoming a David Diehl situation, though. The hatred is really towards the people that keep pushing him out there.

Reactions: silverfish

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Odell is a total pretty boy diva.

But he's also like, the most talented offensive player this organization has ever had. And he's still only 24.

I most definitely would mind if he wasn't here anymore. Lets fix the other 99.8% of garbage on this team as a priority measure over Odell being a hardo on the sidelines.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
I work with a couple Giants fans who were actually happy that beckham broke his ankle. I don't understand the hate either. He's not a criminal, maybe a drama queen but at least he cares about winning. Give me that guy over a T.O. any day of the week. Marvin Harrison was seen as a class act because he didn't celebrate, that didn't stop him from the car wash incident.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I agree that obj cares about winning but only as long as he's the guy. He celebrates knowing full well the consequences and admits he doesn't care. Great player but a me first diva.

Tomas Sandstrom 28

Aug 3, 2005
Never said the guy's not talented. In fact, I think the following would be a dream scenario for the Giants:

OBJ has reportedly said he wants to be the highest paid player in the league - due to the injury, the Giants now have leverage to not give him a big guaranteed contract, at least until he comes back and proves that he's back to form. Maybe they franchise tag him for a year.

Also in the dream scenario, the injury serves as a wake-up call for OBJ and he decides to match his winning talent with a winning attitude. He matures, cuts out the penalties, cuts out the tantrums on the sideline, cuts out letting guys like J Norman get in his head and leads the Giants to greatness.

I'd be ecstatic if that happened. My point in my original post was that if the Giants didn't think OBJ was capable of coming back physically and mentally that I wouldn't be heartbroken to see him go.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
How is a guy who plays to win and plays his f***ing ass off not exhibiting a "winning attitude"? His attitude isn't anything but all about winning. Dude gives everything for this team.

Get out of here with this nonsense.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
How is a guy who plays to win and plays his ****ing ass off not exhibiting a "winning attitude"? His attitude isn't anything but all about winning. Dude gives everything for this team.

Get out of here with this nonsense.

When you come off the field sobbing like he did, that's just a clear full-saturation of emotions taking place. He's pissed because he's injured. He's pissed because he knew his season was done. He's pissed because he won't be on the field helping the Giants win games.

I want that guy on my team.

I want to see what this thread is like, what these posters are saying, when they look at an offense this week against Denver led by Manning, Roger Lewis, and Wayne Gallman. Tell me how bad you want OBJ off this team then.

[watch the Giants win because Eli dials it back to 2011 :laugh: ]

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Zeke's suspension reinstated. Sucks for my fantasy team. LOL.

It's almost 100% he'll keep appealing. No way he sits this year. It's like Brady all over again. His ruling will come down in the offseason.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It's almost 100% he'll keep appealing. No way he sits this year. It's like Brady all over again. His ruling will come down in the offseason.
Yeah I assume this to be the case. I really just want some finality so I can either keep him rostered with confidence or cut him.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Yeah I assume this to be the case. I really just want some finality so I can either keep him rostered with confidence or cut him.

6 games puts him back in time for fantasy playoffs. Can't cut him.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
6 games puts him back in time for fantasy playoffs. Can't cut him.
Right, it's just I'm no sure thing for the playoffs, I'm thin at RB without him, and I have four bench spots. It's hard to hold onto a guy for six weeks in that position. It's why I finally cut bait with Andrew Luck.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Right, it's just I'm no sure thing for the playoffs, I'm thin at RB without him, and I have four bench spots. It's hard to hold onto a guy for six weeks in that position. It's why I finally cut bait with Andrew Luck.

One suggestion I could make is to try and trade him for a lesser running back on someone's already good team. If someone is 4-1 or 5-0, they might take you up on a trade since they're almost assured a playoff spot. Best thing you can do after this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad