2017 F1 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I was always cheering for Vettel over Hamilton but to be honest I'm more pissed about the fact that neither Hülkenberg nor Ocon was able to get the podium.

Hopefully we'll see once again a crazy wet race in Interlagos. Still can't get over the fact that Abu Dhabi is the season finale over that.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I hope next year someone other than Mercedes wins both titles. 4 years in a row now, it's getting pretty repetitive and making the races less enjoyable to watch.

Without going into how there's massive gaps between the teams and how cars can't follow each other.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Max has found a whole new level. With luck early in the season who knows where he finishes.

I hope next year someone other than Mercedes wins both titles. 4 years in a row now, it's getting pretty repetitive and making the races less enjoyable to watch.

Without going into how there's massive gaps between the teams and how cars can't follow each other.

This is why I was on the Vettel bandwagon this year. Not necessarily because I prefer him as a driver but because I was hoping for a change.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Although Mercedes and Hamilton winning was a disappointment, this season was fantastic. At least there was a fight for the championship between someone not on Mercedes. There were also a bunch of different race winners.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Imagine how good it would've been if Bottas wasn't crap or Rosberg was still there, and if Raikkonen wasn't crap.
Even if it had not been Bottas, the 2nd driver at Mercedes was trailing Hamilton the moment he signed that contract. Hamilton has been there for many years (including the whole 1.6L turbo era), Bottas had never driven for a top team (outside of early 2014 before the rest caught up with Williams). Obviously he isn't at a Hamilton driver level, but I wouldn't call him crap. Post summer break has been disappointing. Next year should be more telling on how close he can get to Hamilton.

Raikkonen at this point is a clear number 2 (which is what Vettel wants and why Kimi keeps getting re-signed) and has finished consistently in the top5. In a year where the Mercs + Vettel are expected to be the top3 and RB challenges for the remaining two positions, that isn't crap either.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Hamilton/Ricciardo team gonna tear F1 apart in a few years.

Feel Daniel in a Merc could challenge Hamilton ala Rosberg and be...much less like Bottas. Just swap Bottas/Ricciardo.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I'm not sure that Mercedes will want to add an established driver like Ricciardo. I wouldn't even be shocked to see Wehrlein still driving for them after all.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
How come yesterday Hulkenberg needed to exit his car by jumping on the front? They said he couldn't touch the grass and the car at the same time. Could doing so risk him being electrocuted?

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
How come yesterday Hulkenberg needed to exit his car by jumping on the front? They said he couldn't touch the grass and the car at the same time. Could doing so risk him being electrocuted?

Yes, if he touches the ground and the car at the same time he's making an electrical circuit. Think of like how birds can stand on electrical wires without being electrocuted, it's because electricity takes the path of least resistance and the metal is a better conductor of electricity than the bird so it continues travelling along the wire, it would be the same for the car. However if the bird is touching 2 wires at the same time it will create a circuit and get electrocuted. We've all been warned as children of the dangers of climbing things with electrical wires, the real danger of it isn't just touching the wire, it's that you will get tangled in the wires and touch 2 of them.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Yes, if he touches the ground and the car at the same time he's making an electrical circuit. Think of like how birds can stand on electrical wires without being electrocuted, it's because electricity takes the path of least resistance and the metal is a better conductor of electricity than the bird so it continues travelling along the wire, it would be the same for the car. However if the bird is touching 2 wires at the same time it will create a circuit and get electrocuted. We've all been warned as children of the dangers of climbing things with electrical wires, the real danger of it isn't just touching the wire, it's that you will get tangled in the wires and touch 2 of them.
Gotcha, thanks.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
To Kane One, there's lights on the rollover structure that signal if it's safe to touch the car which are easy to see when the cars are in the more dimmly lit garages. Check out qualifying and you can see it when they go in and out of the garage frequently. There's a cut off switch in the cockpit, and a switch by the rollover hoop for safety personal to reach using a pole if the electrical system is still energized on track. It's like 900 volts or something I think, so you definitely don't want to ground it.

Reactions: Kane One

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Wehrlein should do it like everyone else and get a fake ID. Although seeing Kubica back would certainly be interesting.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Hopefully not a pay driver.
Probably not, since Martini (not sure if they're continuing to sponsor Williams though?) wants an older driver for sponsoring purposes. That was the reason why Williams didn't get Wehrlein for this year, IIRC Martini wanted at least a 25yo.

Wehrlein and Kvyat will turn 24 next year.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Seems like Lewis is the kind of bloke that has a Jaaaaaaag.

Funny cos it's true.

1154951_original.jpg

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Somewhat random and unrelated. Any other F1 2017 (or 2016) players out there getting really frustrated at making very minor contact in turn one and getting a warning while the AI will flat out spin you in a later lap and get off with nothing?

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Since they are working on the 2018 PU I guess Renault is out of parts so they're reusing old end of life parts....on STR. The comedy/drama of it all.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Interlagos is a great track, but a terrible fit for these current F1 cars.

I hope the softer compounds next year make a difference, otherwise we're in for another boring year. Every team needs to have at least 3 stops per race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad