2017 Draft - 4th Pick: Ostap Safin (03/06/18: Signed to ELC)

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Holy **** this kid is a potential stud prospect. :amazed: at that dangle where he drew the penalty shot in the first video.

Very solid scrap from a European trained hockey player as well, sounded like Fournier is a heavy in the Q which makes the tilt even more impressive. I remember Marincin's first scrap in the dub and he got overwhelmed in a big way.

Between Safin and Maximov we did exceptionally well beyond the first round this year.

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
Holy **** this kid is a potential stud prospect. :amazed: at that dangle where he drew the penalty shot in the first video.

Very solid scrap from a European trained hockey player as well, sounded like Fournier is a heavy in the Q which makes the tilt even more impressive. I remember Marincin's first scrap in the dub and he got overwhelmed in a big way.

Between Safin and Maximov we did exceptionally well beyond the first round this year.

What a set of hands on that one dangle...wow. He showed a really nice quick release in the prospect game I watched too. He looks like a monster out there.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
What a set of hands on that one dangle...wow. He showed a really nice quick release in the prospect game I watched too. He looks like a monster out there.

He's still sub 200lbs. despite being 6'5" tall IIRC. When he fills out he will be an absolute beast. Skill, speed, physical play and a mean streak, I am sold on him as a future NHL player barring injury setbacks. We could have 3 quality NHL forwards coming out of this past draft when it's all said and done in Yamamoto, Safin and Maximov.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
He's out producing Joe Veleno on the same line and looks good doing it, I hear. Too early to tell at the moment, but he could be someone to get stoked about in a few years.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
To be fair, London does a fine job of developing young players. I rather talents go there than to a talent graveyard like the Oil Kings
It helps the perception of your development history when you get the cream of the crop in terms of high end talent. It's common for them to have players who will only play in London should they go the OHL route.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017

big difference is that Marincin is a pansy who's played his way off the Oilers and Leafs and now is playing where he belongs....in the AHL.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
I hope this guy pans out. Big fast skilled winger. Having a solid year.

In 53 games he has 24 goals and 29 assists. He's 6'5 and plays RW.

It's just too bad the Sea Dogs are having a terrible year. I hope he gets some time in Bakersfield when the Q season is over.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I hope this guy pans out. Big fast skilled winger. Having a solid year.

In 53 games he has 24 goals and 29 assists. He's 6'5 and plays RW.

It's just too bad the Sea Dogs are having a terrible year. I hope he gets some time in Bakersfield when the Q season is over.

I believe he can go there as well because of age. I wanna see what he can do in the pro's. Halifax or Moncton is hosting the Mem Cup next year so if he don't make team, maybe he can be dealt to one of these teams.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
His scoring pace has fallen off a bit but he doesn't have much help. Hoping he can finish out the year at a PPG and then challenge for 100 points next season.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Gretzky is an excellent scout and Chia's brother isin't too bad either. Those are the points in this organization that seemed to have been fixed somewhat. We won't see the fruits of their labor for another 2 or 3 years, but these guys drafted the last 3 years look like gamers.

Now if they could fix the coaching and GM's slot this team would be set.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Gretzky is an excellent scout and Chia's brother isin't too bad either. Those are the points in this organization that seemed to have been fixed somewhat. We won't see the fruits of their labor for another 2 or 3 years, but these guys drafted the last 3 years look like gamers.

Now if they could fix the coaching and GM's slot this team would be set.

and for me that is the key thing--unless is a top ten pick you are looking at 3 to 4 years down the line

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Wow, I didn't realize how bad the Sea Dogs are this year. Safin has 10 more goals than anybody else on the team, and 14 more points.

Plus, this is his first season in North America.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->