2017 Draft - 1st Pick: Kailer Yamamoto - Signs ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I don't think this is the plan anyways. Seems to me like RNH will be on the team for years to come. Which is a good thing, imo.

Well, my "tentative" spreadsheet says that if you want to resign Mac-D, Drai, and Kassian this year, and then next year sign Benning, Nurse, Maroon, Caggiula, Slep and possibly extend Talbot then the 24M doesn't fit (at least in my calculations). Nobody is going to take all 24M but perhaps a cheaper contract comes the Oiler way. Salary cap is everything now a days in the NHL. I guess you really need an accountant, not a GM

Last edited:

OILSLICK94

Mar 9, 2004
London Ontario
Just read that he is a natural LW but has played RW due to team need. That is another plus if you ask me.

Chia said that to Elliot Friedman during interview that they liked his versatility, McLellan likes that from his Sharks days

Draisaitl (Centre Wing)
Strome (Centre Wing)

Thornton
Marleau
Pavelski

We're all interchangeable on lines etc

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Chiarelli asked him why the Oilers should draft him and he said that because if the Oilers didn't, he'd come back to haunt them. Liking the confidence :)

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
ISS:
CpuVttF.jpg

THN:
MA5NldQ.jpg

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I like the new drafting philosophy now with Chia just pick the skill till 6th and 7th round then take Flyers on coke machines , where as Stu Mag was draft the coke machines 3rnd round and up

Namtsua

Apr 4, 2011
BC
I'm beyond stoked with Yamamoto! He seems excited to be with the Oilers and I can't wait to see how he develops :yo:

North

Jun 25, 2009
I like the new drafting philosophy now with Chia just pick the skill till 6th and 7th round then take Flyers on coke machines , where as Stu Mag was draft the coke machines 3rnd round and up

I'm having Troy Hesketh and Cam Abney flashbacks.

I wasn't sure at first, but after reading about it, I really like this pick.

Speed and skill is what we need.

Red Deer Rebel

Apr 7, 2008
Red Deer
Victor Arvidsson is another small player with wheels and plays physical.

Grit, speed, and tenacity matter more than size.

This looks like a pretty good pick.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
I like this pick, small player but he doesn't play small. Oilers are going to have to search for skill players in the drafts in upcoming years since they will have to dump some players when McDavid and Drai take up 20m+ cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->