FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
1. Mark Jankowski (50.00%)
2. Tyler Parsons (57.50%)
3. Rasmus Andersson (47.73%)
4. Juuso Valimaki (68.75%)
5. Oliver Kylington (34.38%:tiebreaker:52.38%)
6. Jon Gillies (60.61%)
7. Adam Fox (53.49%)
8. Dillon Dube (47.37%)
9. Andrew Mangiapane (35.00%:tiebreaker:44.74%)
10. Spencer Foo (34.29%:tiebreaker:43.24%)
11. Brett Kulak (55.17%)
12. Morgan Klimchuk (53.57%)
13. Hunter Shinkaruk (29.27%:tiebreaker:46.88%)
14. Emile Poirer (35.29%:tiebreaker:52.00%)
15. David Rittich (23.53%:tiebreaker:51.61%)
16. Tyler Wotherspoon (33.33%:tiebreaker:51.72%)
17. Matthew Phillips (50.00%)
18. Adam Ollas Mattson (30.30%:tiebreaker:56.67%)

Run-off rules (copied from Angelsmith's thread last year):
• If first and second place are separated by a number of votes less than or equal to the number of votes for third place, a run-off vote will take place.
• If first and third are separated by a number of votes less than the number of all other votes, a three-way run-off vote will take place.
• Rules are subject to change due to common sense at all times.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I just can't get on board with guys like Pribyl and Hathaway in these prospect rankings. To me, they're already just about at their ceilings, and aren't likely to improve much further. And that ceiling is a guy who is interchangeable with easily-obtained players, so really they don't have much value to me as prospects, and I wouldn't lose sleep over it if they retired today.

So I'd take a guy like Lindstrom even with the chance that he turns out to be a lesser player, simply because the chance is still there that he'll become something better.

It's up to you guys to sell me on how those guys can become important impact players, because I don't see it.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I just can't get on board with guys like Pribyl and Hathaway in these prospect rankings. To me, they're already just about at their ceilings, and aren't likely to improve much further. And that ceiling is a guy who is interchangeable with easily-obtained players, so really they don't have much value to me as prospects, and I wouldn't lose sleep over it if they retired today.

So I'd take a guy like Lindstrom even with the chance that he turns out to be a lesser player, simply because the chance is still there that he'll become something better.

It's up to you guys to sell me on how those guys can become important impact players, because I don't see it.
because bust prospects aren't easy to acquire? :sarcasm:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
because bust prospects aren't easy to acquire? :sarcasm:

Pre-bust, they are much harder to acquire than post-bust.

But really, I'm just using my patented gun-to-the-head mentality. I would feel worse about losing my unscratched scratch card than about losing my scratch card that won $2.

RedHot

Fire Dave Cameron (Fired)**
Aug 6, 2014
Calgary

^ Why I picked LL

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

I definitely get what you are saying. Pretty much every guy on the board has a higher ceiling than Hathaway, but it wouldn't make sense to have Hathaway as our worst prospect because of that would it?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I definitely get what you are saying. Pretty much every guy on the board has a higher ceiling than Hathaway, but it wouldn't make sense to have Hathaway as our worst prospect because of that would it?

Someone has to be our worst prospect, but no, I don't think he would be anyway. His place is below the people with the ability to exceed him, though, I think. But above the guys who wish they could eventually be Hathaway.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Pribyl played a tiny 33 games in NA, none of which in the NHL and he's still under his ELC. I don't think he'll "improve" at 25, but he's still a lottery ticket. Granted, much like a powerball ticket printed in 2012.

I've seen a bit of him with the Heats. He has some NHL tools, most notably puck control and serving dishes, giving him an edge over many in some regards. His agility and speed are pretty much hopeless though. I think there's a player in there who may eventually score goals... uh. He could be an NHLer as soon as next year, it's just more likely his NHL dream will end instead. Still, I voted for him because he can at least be competent NHL filler right now. I don't think anyone else left can.

Linus Lindstrom's skating is ****ing powerful and fast. Might want to control some momentum though, if only to time shots and passes. Cycle, move very well and often. His release is good and given the role he got, he shot more than enough. Don't be fooled by his low goal scoring numbers, he'll scores many crash-and-bang goals in his pro career. And the SHL is a stronger league than the AHL. And he played very little early on. And obviously he wasn't used on the PP.

all that said, even his little streak wasn't hype and quite frankly I didn't see the playmaker he was made out to be like at all

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad