FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
1. Mark Jankowski (50.00%)
2. Tyler Parsons (57.50%)
3. Rasmus Andersson (47.73%)
4. Juuso Valimaki (68.75%)
5. Oliver Kylington (34.38%:tiebreaker:52.38%)
6. Jon Gillies (60.61%)
7. Adam Fox (53.49%)
8. Dillon Dube (47.37%)
9. Andrew Mangiapane (35.00%:tiebreaker:44.74%)
10. Spencer Foo (34.29%:tiebreaker:43.24%)
11. Brett Kulak (55.17%)
12. Morgan Klimchuk (53.57%)
13. Hunter Shinkaruk (29.27%:tiebreaker:46.88%)

Run-off rules (copied from Angelsmith's thread last year):
• If first and second place are separated by a number of votes less than or equal to the number of votes for third place, a run-off vote will take place.
• If first and third are separated by a number of votes less than the number of all other votes, a three-way run-off vote will take place.
• Rules are subject to change due to common sense at all times.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Pribyl was a PPG forward in his last year in the top Czech league and has played pro for four full seasons. He's 6'3", a RHS, and carries the puck very well. He enjoys pina coladas and long walks on the beach.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Pribyl was a PPG forward in his last year in the top Czech league and has played pro for four full seasons. He's 6'3", a RHS, and carries the puck very well. He enjoys pina coladas and long walks on the beach.

He's also going to be 25 by the time 2017 is done.

I don't dislike him, I'm just not sure I've got him over some of the guys left.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Now things get tough.

Considering Rittich, Hathaway, Poirier, Pribyl, Wotherspoon, and Lomberg here.

Rittich has shown potential, but he's almost 25, and it's a very small sample size of what he did this year. It's the same thing with Pribyl. He did well in the Czech league, but a lot of guys who did well there haven't been able to cut it in the NHL.

Poirier is still young, and he could bounce back from the issues hes had recently. He's really fast, and has shown signs of becoming a middle 6 winger. My only concern is that he might get back into those addictions that have caused him problems. I'm not sure if I should take that into consideration or not.

Hathaway and Wotherspoon don't have much upside, but they're both relatively safe picks as far as bottom pairing/4th line forwards go. Wotherspoon is a fairly sound shutdown type defender. Hathaway is a gritty 4th line guy who hits like a truck. My concern with Hathaway is that he's almost 26, and likely done developing. Wotherspoon is still young, and defensemen do tend to take longer to develop, but I'm not sure he'll be with the Flames long enough for him to show he's more than what we've seen. Hathaway is a longshot to be picked by me right now, but I still had him pop up briefly.

Then there's Lomberg, and I know a lot of people are really gonna scratch their heads on this one. I loved what I saw from him. Really tenacious, and kills penalties well. I think he's going to make for a very nasty bottom 6 forward in a few years.

Outside of this list, there isn't really anyone else that I'm hopeful for. Adam Ollas Mattson might be the only exception. Maybe Linus Lindstrom as well.

Last edited:

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
He's also going to be 25 by the time 2017 is done.

I don't dislike him, I'm just not sure I've got him over some of the guys left.

I think the age thing is really only relevant with North American players, since their goal right off the bat is to play in the NHL. It seemed like Pribyl stayed in the Czech Republic because he didn't think he had a shot here, he wasn't actively trying to crack Montreal's roster, and was initially a bit of a project pick to begin with.

I do however agree that he's getting to be old enough now that if he doesn't show soon that he's ready to make the jump, he'll start sliding down my rankings, but I was really pleased with how he played in Stockton last year.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I got Poirier here.
1st rounder pedigree, life back on track.

He's more or less a Ferland on steroids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad