OT: 2017 Blue Bombers Thread Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Thanks. Who would you say has played better, him or Thomas? I know Thomas is arguably more valuable as a Canadian, but not taking that into consideration, who would you say has shown more?

Hard to say because of passport as you mention but I think their value in pure football terms is equal in different ways. Johnson is a big dependable run stopper that sucks up blocks in the middle of the defense and Thomas is more of a big play that gets after the QB better. I think Thomas might be a bit more valuable for Bombers as he is the only DT that has shown pass rushing ability consistently, whereas Nevis, Johnson, and Ekakatie are more run stoppers. Johnson has shown ability to get into backfield the best of those 3 more run stopping types though. Johnson also has more upside than Thomas since he is a younger guy just adjusting to CFL rules whereas Thomas is a veteran journeyman having a career year.

To me the biggest disapointment on that DL has to be Tristan Okpaluango. Big hype coming back from NFL but hasn't shown much before or today after his injury. Jeffcoat has been better at end. Really waiting for Chorney to break out at end as well, as Westerman is clearly on the decline (I love the guy but he is becoming less effective every year).

Overall I think they need to find a way to get Johnson back in the lineup and rotation because Durant had far too much time today. They looked much better with Johnson there taking up a double team most plays. I don't think Nevis or Thomas attract as much attention in the interior.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Medlock=MONEY

Can Rod Black and Duane Forde make an exciting game even more boring!:help:

Those two clowns would make a GOLD medal Olympic hockey game in OT sound boring!:shakehead

O'Shea finally looks like he knows what he's doing, have LaPo running the O sure helps!

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Good teams win games like that on the road. The Bombers of the last too many to count years would have most definitely found a way to lose. It builds a lot of belief when you can battle through games like that and come out on top.

That's progress

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Medlock=MONEY

Can Rod Black and Duane Forde make an exciting game even more boring!:help:

Those two clowns would make a GOLD medal Olympic hockey game in OT sound boring!:shakehead

O'Shea finally looks like he knows what he's doing, have LaPo running the O sure helps!

Lapo was good last week but was terrible tonight.. Out thinking himself all game long. The team didnt win this game because of the O.. They won because the D forced 4 turnovers.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Montreal showed up and were tough as hell tonight yet the Bombers hung in and found a way. That was a quality win against a solid team that is better than their record. Wasn't pretty at times but that's because the ALS brought their A game.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Montreal showed up and were tough as hell tonight yet the Bombers hung in and found a way. That was a quality win against a solid team that is better than their record. Wasn't pretty at times but that's because the ALS brought their A game.

Als always play the bombers tough. Als also beat Calgary earlier this year.. Their D is very good.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
The Bombers will win their next two and probably three games.

They always have a tough time in Saskatchewan especially in the Labour Day Classic games. I know the Bombers won there last year but it seems no matter what our record is, the Riders always get fired up for this game. I would like to feel more confident, especially with our 7 -2 record, but history doesn't paint a very good picture for the Bombers in the Labour Day Classic. If the Bombers can win this next game then you might be right with your prediction.

:jets

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
They always have a tough time in Saskatchewan especially in the Labour Day Classic games. I know the Bombers won there last year but it seems no matter what our record is, the Riders always get fired up for this game. I would like to feel more confident, especially with our 7 -2 record, but history doesn't paint a very good picture for the Bombers in the Labour Day Classic. If the Bombers can win this next game then you might be right with your prediction.

:jets

We're in a good position now at least, we either fight for a home playoff game or if we lose a bunch of games we get the cross over which may be a tad easier. That's why it's fun watching right now feels like less pressure, and a loss won't kill ya.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Sask looks darn good. Their D is tough. Maas is panicking on esks sideline. What a battle for 1-2 in west it will be starting with labour day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->