OT: 2017 American Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I think that trade greatly benefits Cleveland, too.

They can get whatever QB they want at #1, then get whoever they think is the best non-QB at 4 (since you have to believe QB will go 2-3 as well)

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Just imagine if the Jets pick the wrong QB at 3

Hopefully for you Jets fans sake, they pick Allen and not a sure to bust Rosen or the over-rated Darnold.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I'm thinking Cleveland will take Darnold out of peer pressure. Though they are a dumb organization and they may go defense.
Giants are def taking Barkley, who is the best player in the draft.

Jets, you're on the clock.....

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
as a fan of a team in the Jets division, I PRAY that they take Josh Allen.

also, the Giants are either taking a QB at 2 or trading out. There is like 1% chance they take Barkley.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The only way the Jints don't take Barkley is if they go with the ND lineman from Jersey, Nelson, who is very good.

I can't see how they pass up a talent like Barkley

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
as a fan of a team in the Jets division, I PRAY that they take Josh Allen.

also, the Giants are either taking a QB at 2 or trading out. There is like 1% chance they take Barkley.

Can't disagree with you (meaning Allen was the one QB I really didn't want), if he was a notch below the other guys on the Jets' board too can't exactly blame them for the trade up. There was a possiblity all those guys plus Barkley would have been gone by 6 which leaves us with Chubb or the guard, or one of them and Allen.

Plus with the Jets' history of second-round flubs if there's one team I don't mind giving up second-rounders it's the Jets :P

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I could see the Bills trading up to draft Allen, the next Jim Kelly for Buffalo while Rosen or Darnold become the next Ryan Leaf or Ken O'Brien for the Jets

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I could see the Bills trading up to draft Allen, the next Jim Kelly for Buffalo while Rosen or Darnold become the next Ryan Leaf or Ken O'Brien for the Jets

He's never had a completion rate higher than 56%, at Wyoming against not quality competition? Unless his receivers were so horrible they cost him 10-15 points on that number how do you think he's going to excel in the NFL playing in NY or Buffalo with winter weather?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
He's never had a completion rate higher than 56%, at Wyoming against not quality competition? Unless his receivers were so horrible they cost him 10-15 points on that number how do you think he's going to excel in the NFL playing in NY or Buffalo with winter weather?

He's thrown in rough weather conditions of Wyoming behind a dreadful O-Line.

He's highly intelligent, good feet, fast and has the strongest arm of the bunch.

IMO, he has the highest upside.

Hopefully for your sake it's not another Marino debacle for the Jets...

**I'm not a Jets fan nor hater, but since there are a lot of Jets fans here on this board I generally hope Gangrene does well

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Ummm, what if the Browns or Giants take the guy they want?

They have to have more than one guy they have graded in that franchise QB tier otherwise this is a ridiculous trade. There's obviously a chance two QB's get taken so it would be a QB3 selection, or a QB2 if Barkley goes in the top two. If they have any fewer than three QB's rated as potential franchise guys this goes from gamble to extremely reckless.

There's also a slight possibility they have two QB's and Barkley rated above everyone else but trading up for a RB would be insane.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
They have to have more than one guy they have graded in that franchise QB tier otherwise this is a ridiculous trade. There's obviously a chance two QB's get taken so it would be a QB3 selection, or a QB2 if Barkley goes in the top two. If they have any fewer than three QB's rated as potential franchise guys this goes from gamble to extremely reckless.
I sure as heck would hope so. This does come right after Mac was at Mayfield and Rosen's pro day. He must really love both players. The Browns probably go qb at 1 now and take their chances Barkley falls to 4. I hope they take Darnold.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I've said many times I don't really like any of these qbs. I think Allen is going to bust and I don't really like Mayfield's play for the NFL. I get what the Jets are trying to do, they're looking for their guy, but that was a hefty price to pay to move up 3 spots.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I've said many times I don't really like any of these qbs. I think Allen is going to bust and I don't really like Mayfield's play for the NFL. I get what the Jets are trying to do, they're looking for their guy, but that was a hefty price to pay to move up 3 spots.

I'm not in love with any of these guys either but what were the options if they weren't able to get a QB at 6? With all the moves the Jets are making in FA so far they're not looking to draft 6 again next year.

-Hope for some mid-round pick to pan out (which already didn't work with Hack/Petty, the fanbase wouldn't have tolerated that approach from this administration again)?
-Hope you're somehow able to luck into a Garropolo-type trade during the season?
-Hope whoever's a FA in 2019 gives you the time of day when Cousins didn't

And this management group might not have till 2019 either.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I'm not in love with any of these guys either but what were the options if they weren't able to get a QB at 6? With all the moves the Jets are making in FA so far they're not looking to draft 6 again next year.

-Hope for some mid-round pick to pan out (which already didn't work with Hack/Petty, the fanbase wouldn't have tolerated that approach from this administration again)?
-Hope you're somehow able to luck into a Garropolo-type trade during the season?
-Hope whoever's a FA in 2019 gives you the time of day when Cousins didn't

And this management group might not have till 2019 either.

I don't disagree, the only thing I wouldn't have minded they do is draft the guard out of ND at 6, but sooo many fans would've been pissed lol.

I'm sure management wants to take the chance to get their guy. I just hope whoever it is doesn't bust and they don't throw him to the wolves right away. Let whoever it is develop.

Although I said I don't like his play style for the NFL, I hope they get Mayfield. Two straight years of 70+ completion percentage. He may not be your prototypical NFL qb, but hey neither is Russell Wilson. Draft him and pray he becomes the next Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->