OT: 2017 American Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Ugh, Allen. I'll be pissed if we draft him. Inaccuracy doesn't magically go away in the NFL.

Like I've been saying for months, I see Allen having the highest upside of the QBs.

Barkley is definitely going top 3 so the Jets will be able to choose a good QB at 6.

I've said that the Giants will draft Barkley 2nd overall
I'm confident that it will happen even if most of you guys here have said no for weeks.

Darnold is over rated.

Last edited:

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I think after his combine and after trading for Tyrod, the Browns are taking Barkley one and whatever QB they choose at 4.

As for Allen, he passes the eye test and has the measurables but my fear is always when accuracy is brought up and guys are showing inaccuracy in college. Those windows will get smaller and smaller in the NFL. Maybe he can become more precise, but I have to imagine it will be hard.

I'm hoping the Jets find a way to move up if possible, but it looks like the Bills will likely jump us.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Honestly though none of these QB’s are sure things anyway. Plenty of Big 12 QB’s have busted, same with USC QB’s. I do like Mayfield and think he’d thrive rather than get swallowed up in NY but don’t think he gets to us unless the Bills go for Allen.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Per Schefter, Cousins to sign a 3 year fully guaranteed contract with Minnesota on Thursday.

He should send the Jets a fine bottle of wine for their help in giving him leverage to get a bigger deal from Minny.

****If in fact this is true

Last edited:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Honestly though none of these QB’s are sure things anyway. Plenty of Big 12 QB’s have busted, same with USC QB’s. I do like Mayfield and think he’d thrive rather than get swallowed up in NY but don’t think he gets to us unless the Bills go for Allen.

Mayfield is way too risky

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
As for Allen, he passes the eye test and has the measurables but my fear is always when accuracy is brought up and guys are showing inaccuracy in college. Those windows will get smaller and smaller in the NFL. Maybe he can become more precise, but I have to imagine it will be hard.

Ugh, Allen. I'll be pissed if we draft him. Inaccuracy doesn't magically go away in the NFL.

Damn right. Inaccuracy just doesn't magically improve in the pros.

As much as people bagged on Chad Pennington for having a popgun arm, his accuracy was impeccable.

I'm fine with McCown as the starter this year, if they resign him. Maybe Bridgewater if he's healthy (which is funny because people were screaming to reach for Teddy a couple of years ago. We got Calvin Pryor, remember that? :shakehead:

The Jets are not going anywhere with the sieve that was their defense last year. Trade down, take a bunch of lineman and LBs. They may have one of the worst O-lines in football and their LBs are not that good.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Damn right. Inaccuracy just doesn't magically improve in the pros.

As much as people bagged on Chad Pennington for having a popgun arm, his accuracy was impeccable.

I'm fine with McCown as the starter this year, if they resign him. Maybe Bridgewater if he's healthy (which is funny because people were screaming to reach for Teddy a couple of years ago. We got Calvin Pryor, remember that? :shakehead:

The Jets are not going anywhere with the sieve that was their defense last year. Trade down, take a bunch of lineman and LBs. They may have one of the worst O-lines in football and their LBs are not that good.

That QB duo will lead to an even worse season than last.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Josh Allen is Kyle Boller

Maybe Brian Billick can get back into coaching

That QB duo will lead to an even worse season than last.

Bryce Petty is trash. Christian Hackenberg is persona non grata. Sanchez is better than both of them. Almost any QB they bring in will be an upgrade, at least at the backup QB spot.

McCown was not that bad last year considering the O-line was a dumpster fire

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I’m not really excited about him either, he makes Pennington look durable and he’s been more hype than production when he has played, but I’ll take him if you’re pairing him with another viable QB (vet or rookie who can sit for a while).

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Aaand the Jets re-sign McCown too lol, so either the Bridgwater talks fell apart or they're really trying to take QB off the table with their draft pick.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Weird Giants signing with Stewart. Ok I get the Gettleman connection but he's 31 and looked pretty washed up last year.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Jets got Crowell which is a good signing. Actually he would've been perfect for the Giants. Would've been a good signing for the Patriots too. Fast little bowling ball type player who excelled despite a poor supporting cast.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
If they get Minkah Fitzpatrick or Denzel Ward. Trumaine Johnson on the other end then Adams and Maye. That could shape up to be a top 10 secondary that's also versatile.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
The McCown/Bridgewater stopgap for a year is totally fine so long as we draft a QB still.

Boy, what a complete failure Hackenberg was. You have to be some kind of awful to not even get a chance to see the field as a second round pick. And yet every Jet fan in the world saw that one coming before Macc did.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
The McCown/Bridgewater stopgap for a year is totally fine so long as we draft a QB still.

Boy, what a complete failure Hackenberg was. You have to be some kind of awful to not even get a chance to see the field as a second round pick. And yet every Jet fan in the world saw that one coming before Macc did.

He wasn't a 2nd rounder though even though that's where he was selected. If they don't take him he probably goes 4th round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad