• Yankees in 6

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Yankees in 7

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
what a finish

altuve would have been out by a mile if sanchez could play defense. but he can't

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
What a game by Verlander. Altuve keeps on hitting and Correa with a clutch hit. Lets not forget about the defensive plays by Reddick earlier as well. Glad they didn't waste Verlander's performance.
Lets go Astros!

Reactions: KaylaJ

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Verlander isn't the same guy during this GOD period. But he is still damn good and paying dividends. He struggled for nearly the first half of the year before adjusting and getting back to how he performed in 2016. Cy-Young level.

Helps that Verlander has been a thorn in the side of the Yankees during multiple postseason runs as well.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Fortunately for the Yankees, they now get the less terrifying part of the Astros rotation: McHugh/Peacock/Morton.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
That was announced.

I'd change plans if I was NY and go with Sonny. CC can't go more than 4-5 and their bullpen is already so overworked.
But game 3 could be a must win game for NY. I heard Gray has been sucking lately. You trust him? But good point with the bullpen being overworked.

I should also give credit to Gurriel. He keeps on getting on base but doesn't get noticed because of the other players. Players in front of him(Marwin) and players behind him needs to get hits so he can score or drive runs in though!

Last edited:
Reactions: Virtanen18

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
That was announced.

I'd change plans if I was NY and go with Sonny. CC can't go more than 4-5 and their bullpen is already so overworked.

Gray got blown to bits in Oakland by the Astros too earlier this year, in one of the games where Houston was considering trading for him, they know him well with his time in their division.

That was fabulous. Bottom line is Houston has made the little (big) plays and NY hasn't. Altuve and Correa are something like 8 for 15 in the series and Judge-Sanchez are like 1 for 14. NY is still striking out way too much too.

Obviously NY has to take 2 of 3 at home. Houston won 3 of 4 in the Bronx this year so they won't be intimidated, but I bet the offense ramps up in NY. Keuchel will go again in Game 5 no doubt and he has just owned NY so Game 3 is critical.

Verlander...damn....

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Sonny has been good in the postseason. Starting a past his prime Sabathia over him against that right handed dominant lineup would be suicide.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Gray was not good in the ALDS, and has been bad in September. I go with CC in a game the Yanks need to win. They have enough arms in the pen to handle it.

Yeah but the pen needs the starters to go longer than 4-5 innings. Houston got 7 from Keuchel and 9 from Verlander, which saved most of their pen which they'll probably need more in the next 2-3 games. Unless starter/relievers like Musgrove, McCullers, McHugh can come in and toss 4 innings or so. NY's pen will be strained if they have to keep coming in in the 5th.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah but the pen needs the starters to go longer than 4-5 innings. Houston got 7 from Keuchel and 9 from Verlander, which saved most of their pen which they'll probably need more in the next 2-3 games. Unless starter/relievers like Musgrove, McCullers, McHugh can come in and toss 4 innings or so. NY's pen will be strained if they have to keep coming in in the 5th.

I still go with the starter that has been giving actual quality innings this postseason in CC over Gray who has not looked good in a month. They have a few starters in the pen already that can give them length if CC can't go like Garcia, Montgomery, and they still have a guy in Warren who is very fresh.

Green didn't pitch today either so he is good to go in Game 3. Yanks built a deep pen for this very reason

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Sonny has been good in the postseason. Starting a past his prime Sabathia over him against that right handed dominant lineup would be suicide.
Yet, that's what they did in game 5 of the ALDS and it was absolutely the right decision.

Even if CC is past his prime, he is still better than Gray right now. People act like he's a total scrub, overlooking the fact that he had a great year and is a borderline hall-of-famer and a winner on the mound.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->