• Yankees in 6

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Yankees in 7

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
I mean you know as well as anyone that in baseball a count going from 2-0 to 2-1 or 1-1 to 1-2 changes your entire approach at the plate.

Yeah, that happens with every hitter who comes to the plate. Doesn't mean you K 16 out of 20 times in a series. It's not like he didn't K a lot during the season either, then suddenly came to the postseason and started getting screwed.

I'll say this, he needs to be better. Probably will be at least a couple slugfests in this series, and Houston has a better lineup top to bottom than Cleveland, so NY will need Judge to produce more.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Houston in 5.

The Yankees pitching won't be able to contain Houston's offense for 4 games. That and the Yankees seriously need to practice patience at the plate because trying to turn this into a slugfest will end badly for them.

Altuve probably wins LCS MVP.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Also the MVP debate will get ramped up for sure, although the postseason doesn't matter. But you can get the media talking heads will bring it up nonstop. Even Costas during Game 1 of Houston-Boston was going on about how Altuve needed to have a good postseason to overcome "other contenders" for the MVP crown.

Well Bob you should know the postseason isn't taken into consideration, but if it was, so far it's been a complete bloodletting:

Judge: 1 for 20, no HR, 2 RBIs, one run, .208 OBP and he struck out an insane 16 of 20 times vs. Cleveland.

Altuve: 8 for 15, 3 HR, 4 RBIs, five runs, .632 OBP and only two strikeouts.

And yet this series probably does not make it to Monday without his catch in game 3 to tie away a HR.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Yeah, that happens with every hitter who comes to the plate. Doesn't mean you K 16 out of 20 times in a series. It's not like he didn't K a lot during the season either, then suddenly came to the postseason and started getting screwed.

I'll say this, he needs to be better. Probably will be at least a couple slugfests in this series, and Houston has a better lineup top to bottom than Cleveland, so NY will need Judge to produce more.

It's a little worse when you're six foot seven

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Yankees in 5

Good pitching beats good hitting

They have better rotation, better bullpen, better starting pitching depth, and a lineup that is a relative wash with Houston’s

Reactions: All Might

GuitarGuy

Oct 3, 2017
Canada
There will probably be a lot of home runs hit in this series with all the power both teams have at the plate.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Yankees in 5

Good pitching beats good hitting

They have better rotation, better bullpen, better starting pitching depth, and a lineup that is a relative wash with Houston’s

I can't see how their rotation is better than Keuchel Verlander and Morton. I'm taking those top 3 any day over the top 3 they have. Especially given you have a 4 day rest Tanaka on the road, a rookie in his first road start and a guy in Sabathia who you don't know what you're gonna get from day to day

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
I can't see how their rotation is better than Keuchel Verlander and Morton. I'm taking those top 3 any day over the top 3 they have. Especially given you have a 4 day rest Tanaka on the road, a rookie in his first road start and a guy in Sabathia who you don't know what you're gonna get from day to day

Tanaka only faced Houston once this year and it was in NY, and it was ugly, he only lasted 1 2/3 innings and got tagged for eight runs.

Everyone said the same thing about Boston, how Houston hadn't faced good pitching, etc. and they roughed up the likes of Sale, Kimbrel, etc. That lineup is tough to slow down.

That being said watch Tanaka pitch a one-hitter tonight. It's baseball so nothing makes sense.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
You never know! Go Yankees, hopefully their bullpen can shut the Astros down, Red Sox lack of depth in the rotation and pen and their complete lack of power really hurt them. Yankees have what the Red Sox were missing. Houston is not unbeatable.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Tanaka is gonna get slammed tonight. All his breaking stuff is up.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Tanaka did not ease my concerns much that inning. He's going to get crushed next time through the order.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->