Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Yankees in 6

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Yankees in 7

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters

darko

Feb 16, 2009
2-3-2 format is a joke if you have home field advantage. At no point in a series should a team with HFA play less games at home than the opposition.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
2-3-2 format is a joke if you have home field advantage. At no point in a series should a team with HFA play less games at home than the opposition.

I remember a few years back they had the team without home field advantage have the first two games at home, and the team with home field advantage would have the final three (if it even got to that point). I forgot what year it was, but it was only for the division series.

That was so dumb.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
It is amazing how Girardi can suddenly do no wrong after everyone called for his head.

I think back to the Lindor HR Judge robbed in ALDS G3.

I feel that is going to be the What If for Yankee haters if they win the pennant.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Keuchel was bound to lose to the Yankees and he did tonight. Verlander is bound to have a poor start as an Astro. Will it be on Friday? I pray that it isn't. Some Astros fans jumping off the bandwagon but I still have faith.
Go Astros!

Reactions: KaylaJ

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
My god, the FOX TV executives may get their wish after all.

Even if the Cubs do the unthinkable, just the presence of the Yankees alone in the WS would guarantee big numbers regardless of the other series

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Keuchel was bound to lose to the Yankees and he did tonight. Verlander is bound to have a poor start as an Astro. Will it be on Friday? I pray that it isn't. Some Astros fans jumping off the bandwagon but I still have faith.
Go Astros!

He'll never say it, but at some point the Astros pitchers have to feel frustrated that all of a sudden they're getting zero support. You can only be dominant so much. The Yankees have pitched well yes, but Houston has hit good pitching all year. Their bats have just gone into a deep, deep freeze.

We'll see what tomorrow night will offer.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Stros needed game 4 bad but choked it away. Not uncommon to come out flat after dropping a big one like that. Yankees have been able to push back after those demoralizing moments (game 2 in both series). Plate discipline seems to be a big problem right now.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The bats went cold for Houston? That may have been the series.

Cold? This offense is so fraudulent it's mind boggling. They're about to put up the lowest team BA EVER, for any team in a seven game series going back to the deadball era!

Few of us saw it at the time but they put up video game numbers against horrible NL West pitching, now they're dying on a historic level against actual good pitching.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Cold? This offense is so fraudulent it's mind boggling. They're about to put up the lowest team BA EVER, for any team in a seven game series going back to the deadball era!

Few of us saw it at the time but they put up video game numbers against horrible NL West pitching, now they're dying on a historic level against actual good pitching.

I mean they smoked Sale and the Red Sox, but I wouldn't exactly say that pitching was Boston's strength by any means and Sale has not pitched like himself the last couple of months. Still, it's pretty mind boggling that this lineup full of potent bats that has just as many young guns as they do veterans is failing to such an extreme degree. Props to the Yankees staff though for not giving in an inch and doing their thing.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Too much is being made of the Astros struggles offensively. In contrast, not enough credit is given to pitchers who are making them play poorly. I can probably count in one hand only the number of times the Yankee pitchers brutally missed their location. They've been elite in every sense of the word.

They made both the Indians and Astros look silly over 10 games so far.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Too much is being made of the Astros struggles offensively. In contrast, not enough credit is given to pitchers who are making them play poorly. I can probably count in one hand only the number of times the Yankee pitchers brutally missed their location. They've been elite in every sense of the word.

They made both the Indians and Astros look silly over 10 games so far.

I thought Tanaka and Severino weren't that sharp in games 1 and 2. The Astros offense just seems somewhat off right now.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016

We are really gonna play the division game? Please.

Had they not comeback last year, we would have said the Cubs offense put up video game numbers against bad NL Central pitching.

If anything, I think deep down the Astros probably wish the Indians had won instead.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX

That's a load of nonsense and the numbers back it up. I love it when people play the division game as if teams played all 162 games against the weak sisters in their division.

Houston hit the ball well all season. They averaged close to 7 runs scored on the road. Led the league in basically every offensive category, and before someone says "well they play in a bandbox", their offensive output was better on the road than it was at home, by far. Heck against this same Yankee pitching in the reg. season, they scored 43 runs in seven games.

But hey, teams slump. The freaking White Sox swept this team in August. Give credit to New York, they've played very well in the last three games and have been hot since going down 0-2 to Cleveland. But Houston's offense isn't fraudulent. That's just stupid, they've hit good pitchers all season.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
That's a load of nonsense and the numbers back it up. I love it when people play the division game as if teams played all 162 games against the weak sisters in their division.

Houston hit the ball well all season. They averaged close to 7 runs scored on the road. Led the league in basically every offensive category, and before someone says "well they play in a bandbox", their offensive output was better on the road than it was at home, by far. Heck against this same Yankee pitching in the reg. season, they scored 43 runs in seven games.

But hey, teams slump. The freaking White Sox swept this team in August. Give credit to New York, they've played very well in the last three games and have been hot since going down 0-2 to Cleveland. But Houston's offense isn't fraudulent. That's just stupid, they've hit good pitchers all season.

This. Houston offense is very good unfortunately it's a combination of a slump along with running into a hot pitching staff.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

In the last 8 games, two of the best offenses in baseball have 13 earned runs against the Yankees.

Maybe it's the pitching.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
In the last 8 games, two of the best offenses in baseball have 13 earned runs against the Yankees.

Maybe it's the pitching.

It probably is. The only bad thing that comes out of this for the Yankees so far is that Tanaka is now 100% opting out of that deal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad