Speculation: 2017-2018 Trade Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Questions from the nyi board,isles need a top 4 LHD and I have read Anaheim needs scoring.

Is there interest in either winger Lee or Nelson?Both make $3m+. Lee plays the more physical game and is the more productive goal scorer.I would expect Lee to bring back a better D and I am not so concerned with a point producing D as I am with getting a durable defenseman, who can keep pucks out of the net.
Is there a trade to be made betwee our 2 teams?

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Questions from the nyi board,isles need a top 4 LHD and I have read Anaheim needs scoring.

Is there interest in either winger Lee or Nelson?Both make $3m+. Lee plays the more physical game and is the more productive goal scorer.I would expect Lee to bring back a better D and I am not so concerned with a point producing D as I am with getting a durable defenseman, who can keep pucks out of the net.
Lee would be the guy we would probably want, but he's also a year for UFA which means we probably don't keep him around after next year. We're a tough team to trade with because we do have an internal budget to keep in mind plus we have so much money locked up with Getz, Perry, and Kes so it's hard to find space for another forward that will cost 6+mil once they hit UFA next year. Our left side is kind of barren until some of our prospects are ready to take a top 4 role, which they aren't right now. Unless the Islanders are really keen on one of our prospects and can take Perry back, I don't see how a trade works.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Doubtful... i dont think the dmen that are available are the 1s youd want.

I wouldnt move any of lindholm manson fowler or montour for them.

Which leaves a lot of raw talent in larsson welinski pettersson and mahura but idk that any of them are worth enough for conversation to stsrt.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Not really a rumor but an idea. With the number of NHL RWs we have;Perry, Silf, Eaves, Kase, Rakell. I tend to think one if then gets moved. The common notion is its likely Silf . Only a year left on his deal. He is the most movable. My thought is to flip him to Arz who appears weak on the RSW for Hjalmarsson. Similar Cap. Same term. IMO you probably put Eaves with Kesler for his forechecking and let Perry stay with Getzlaf. Sign a cheaper 4th liner like Reaves. Solidifies the D, changes up the forward group a bit and starts clearing room for younger players at forward. Thoughts?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Not really a rumor but an idea. With the number of NHL RWs we have;Perry, Silf, Eaves, Kase, Rakell. I tend to think one if then gets moved. The common notion is its likely Silf . Only a year left on his deal. He is the most movable. My thought is to flip him to Arz who appears weak on the RSW for Hjalmarsson. Similar Cap. Same term. IMO you probably put Eaves with Kesler for his forechecking and let Perry stay with Getzlaf. Sign a cheaper 4th liner like Reaves. Solidifies the D, changes up the forward group a bit and starts clearing room for younger players at forward. Thoughts?

Rakell plays more LW, so really what we have is Perry, Silf, Kase as the top 9 RW and Eaves who should be considered a wild card at this point. I could see making a shakeup trade, but we aren't sitting on a surplus of RWs

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Silf is not enough for Hjalmarsson. Why would the Coyotes even entertain moving someone they just acquired? And when they finally had healthy team, they were actually competitive. They aren't moving that guy.

Ugh, I hate that Eaves contract more and more everyday. Two more years for someone who might not even be able to play in the NHL anymore.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Eaves is not playing on a shutdown line.... Lol
Why not? Pretty sure that was what he did before Dallas. He was a checker. Would you prefer Perry or Kase or Terry there? Lets be clear. I'm not a fan of moving Silf but in the scheme of things it is probably the most realistic.
Rakell plays more LW, so really what we have is Perry, Silf, Kase as the top 9 RW and Eaves who should be considered a wild card at this point. I could see making a shakeup trade, but we aren't sitting on a surplus of RWs
Yet Rakell is naturally a right wing. Which means he can shift over to that side if somehow we added a LW. That may not be likely but we're still sitting on 4 NHL RWs with Eaves and at this point all information we have says he will play next season. So any reasonable speculation is based on that fact. We could certainly not make any moves with our RW and just see how Eaves does and it wouldn't be a horrible decision. Also doesn't change this team at all but I'm not sure that is really BM's style.
Silf is not enough for Hjalmarsson. Why would the Coyotes even entertain moving someone they just acquired? And when they finally had healthy team, they were actually competitive. They aren't moving that guy.

Ugh, I hate that Eaves contract more and more everyday. Two more years for someone who might not even be able to play in the NHL anymore.
Honestly don't disagree on Arz not moving him. That being said the last I checked I didnt really see any RWs of note so maybe they decide they can make that move? They actuslly have a fairly Deep blueline now with OEL, Demers, Goligoski, Chychrun(spelling?) and Hjalmarsson.

Not sure I agree the value isn't there. They're both UFA. You're trading a shut down winger with 50 pt upside for a pure shut down D. Maybe its not 1 for 1 but I don't think the value is that far off.

Reactions: Paul4587

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Honestly don't disagree on Arz not moving him. That being said the last I checked I didnt really see any RWs of note so maybe they decide they can make that move? They actuslly have a fairly Deep blueline now with OEL, Demers, Goligoski, Chychrun(spelling?) and Hjalmarsson.

Not sure I agree the value isn't there. They're both UFA. You're trading a shut down winger with 50 pt upside for a pure shut down D. Maybe its not 1 for 1 but I don't think the value is that far off.

Would you trade Manson for Silf? I wouldn't. Arizona doesn't have cap issues, so they don't need to move Hammer or anything, and wingers are pretty easy to find either through FA or trades. Good defensive RH shutdown D are much harder to find, so I don't see the value being equal.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Eaves spent the majority of his career on a shutdown line. What type of player do you think he was in Detroit and Dallas ?
he also didn't deal what that muscle illness that kept him out of the league for a year. he's an old player having to regain his strength, asking him to be a checking forward now just seems like a bad idea (is is having a dedicated checking line as your 2nd line).

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
he also didn't deal what that muscle illness that kept him out of the league for a year. he's an old player having to regain his strength, asking him to be a checking forward now just seems like a bad idea (is is having a dedicated checking line as your 2nd line).

Asking him to be an offensive forward to play in front of the net and win puck battles against big dmen all the time could also be a bad idea, being a defensive forward you can get away with being good positionally and smart.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Would you trade Manson for Silf? I wouldn't. Arizona doesn't have cap issues, so they don't need to move Hammer or anything, and wingers are pretty easy to find either through FA or trades. Good defensive RH shutdown D are much harder to find, so I don't see the value being equal.
1 year of 30 year old Hjalmarsson does not equate to 4 years of 26 year old Manson.

Reactions: Duck Off
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Eaves spent the majority of his career on a shutdown line. What type of player do you think he was in Detroit and Dallas ?

Well in Dallas he was mostly used on scoring lines and since you have to go back quite a ways to fit him in on a shutdown line rather than just Detroit's 4th with a bunch of plugs, I'm not sure how that would work out.

Just keep Silf.

Reactions: DuckRogers10
Oct 18, 2011
This team is not winning next year ownership and management need to recognize that and go into cost cutting and asset collecting mode to minimize the long term damage. You have to be smart enough to realize this teams window is closed barring a wild circumstance IE Karlsson

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Im not sure we can afford to let Silf go now that we may be losing Kesler for the year

But this is assuming we're "going for it". Id honestly be more inclined to move some of the older assets with value for prospects and picks

Oct 18, 2011
Silfverberg for #16 overall from Colorado.

Is that fair or no?
Would do this. Anaheim needs to start collecting assets and not commit a bunch of long term money to role players. Silf is good but when you accept the fact this team needs a retool it doesn't make sense to sign him for 4-6 years at 4+ million

Reactions: dracom

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Would do this. Anaheim needs to start collecting assets and not commit a bunch of long term money to role players. Silf is good but when you accept the fact this team needs a retool it doesn't make sense to sign him for 4-6 years at 4+ million
That's what you do if you're lacking for prospects. We aren't. We're currently lacking for roster players.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
That's what you do if you're lacking for prospects. We aren't. We're currently lacking for roster players.
Yeah I'd rather not waste what getzlaf has left on draft picks.

I'm for trading silfverberg because I don't think he brings enough offensive reliability or psychological stability in a top six role. I'd try and move him for a similarly valued top six player whose strengths are more offensive than defensive. I don't know if that trade exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad