Kucherov TB 2.04
van Riemsdyk TOR 2.01
Tavares NYI 1.97
Lee NYI 1.92
Niederreiter MIN 1.91
Monahan CGY 1.89
W.Karlsson VEG 1.89

Better trade kase for kucherov while we still can

It's too bad there isn't a way to actually quantify every player's dollar value like you can with baseball (they have a formula to determine the dollar value of 1WAR in a given season), because I'd suspect Karlsson has already produced at least double his $1M value already this season.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
Apparently we may still be interested in E. Kane

There are also rumors about Ottawa making another move (or more), so there's quite a few players there that would look real good in Anaheim.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Hmm, what do we have that we could even give up for Kane? Our defensive depth has already taken serious hits in the past year, a deal around picks would be great.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Apparently we may still be interested in E. Kane

There are also rumors about Ottawa making another move (or more), so there's quite a few players there that would look real good in Anaheim.

IMO Ducks shouldn't be interested in E. Kane with his troubles and also with this teams unluckiness with injury we shouldn't be trading for any UFA players that would cost anything good.

Reactions: Johnny Caravella

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
IMO Ducks shouldn't be interested in E. Kane with his troubles and also with this teams unluckiness with injury we shouldn't be trading for any UFA players that would cost anything good.

Yes. Trading for what looks to be a really pricey rental in this years draft seems like a spectacularly bad plan... especially given the uncertainty surrounding the team this year with all the injuries. Its not like BM is going to hand out the UFA dollars that Kane is going to be looking for to re-sign him and our depth has already taken a big hit between Vegas and Vatanen

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Kane? What the hell would be the price of him? He would be a pure rental and expensive to get.

Whom would you use to aquire certain players? It will likely be prospects and picks.

Oct 18, 2011
I have two thoughts.

1. You have to decide if Henrique will be at wing or center first. My hope is center. I don't want to see us trading any top picks or prospects for rentals.

2. Solidifying the third pair is a bigger need, but complicated by the fact that the organization is in love with Bieksa and refuse to acknowledge how much he hurts the team.

Additionally you have to factor in how Kesler plays and whether he might need a more limited role

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I can't see how the Ducks could fit Kane, would have to send Bieksa to Buffola in order to do so. Maybe at the deadline then?

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
I don't think with Beauchemin and Bieksa around this year that BM will trade for any substantial Dman, any sort of defensive upgrade will have to come from (Larsson, Megna, Welinski).

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
I don't think we'll trade for a notable D man. If we did, we'd want someone that wouldn't mind playing behind our top 4. Ideally they would also be physical and the type of player that gets better during the playoffs because they can get away with playing dirty. That's Bieksa. I know he's just passable now, but under playoff rules (or lack of rules) he's a good player. If we get anyone it will be a physical, boarder line dirty, 3rd pair guy. That's my $0.02 at least.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I don't think we'll trade for a notable D man. If we did, we'd want someone that wouldn't mind playing behind our top 4. Ideally they would also be physical and the type of player that gets better during the playoffs because they can get away with playing dirty. That's Bieksa. I know he's just passable now, but under playoff rules (or lack of rules) he's a good player. If we get anyone it will be a physical, boarder line dirty, 3rd pair guy. That's my $0.02 at least.

With Montour on the third pairing they wouldn’t necessarily be playing behind our top 4, there’s a spot wide open alongside one of Lindholm/Fowler right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad