2017-2018 Standings Tracker

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Clayton Keller looks like he's going to be an awesome center for them at some point, they have Strome lighting up the AHL, they could really use a winger.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Yeah with Ottawas OT win over Dallas, We're now #28 overall, Probably going to be hard to pass up either Vancouver, Arizona or Buffalo unless Arizona and Buffalo get red hot these last few games or so Vancouver is decimated with too many injuries.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
they will win half of remain games , so don't get so exited , it will not hard teams we will play against

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
But by the same token, Arizona is 24th in goals allowed, and 30th in goals scored. With them and Buffalo being comfortably behind everybody else.

If anybody could use a Svech or Zadina in this draft, it's the Coyotes.

Also, their forward group is really young, and they have some really nice looking prospects who have yet to be promoted. I know it's easy to give that franchise and GM flak for various reasons, but over the past couple of years they really seem to be moving towards a goal, and are at least putting together some good pieces. Maybe it doesn't work, but their current GM deserves a couple more years before people declare it a failure.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Also, their forward group is really young, and they have some really nice looking prospects who have yet to be promoted. I know it's easy to give that franchise and GM flak for various reasons, but over the past couple of years they really seem to be moving towards a goal, and are at least putting together some good pieces. Maybe it doesn't work, but their current GM deserves a couple more years before people declare it a failure.

I think what didn't make sense were some of the trades.
Stepan. Hjalmarsson.
Not really sure how those guys fit a vision.

Orthodox Caveman

Sep 12, 2006
Sabres with another win over the Blackhawks.

They're now 5 pts back with 11 games left. Can they pass us?

Maaaaaan we need to keep the losing streak alive

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I think what didn't make sense were some of the trades.
Stepan. Hjalmarsson.
Not really sure how those guys fit a vision.

They are good, dependable vets who could provide stability to the franchise while taking some of the load off the kids they were/are working onto the team. They are also young enough to ease into smaller roles when those young guys really start to step up.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Yeah with Ottawas OT win over Dallas, We're now #28 overall, Probably going to be hard to pass up either Vancouver, Arizona or Buffalo unless Arizona and Buffalo get red hot these last few games or so Vancouver is decimated with too many injuries.

Arizona and Buffalo look like they are "heating up" towards the end. But Vancouver lost Vanek on a trade, and Boeser is injured for rest of the season. Those are huge blows and they will be losing like Wings until the end. I think we will end up 2nd-3rd worst.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Arizona and Buffalo look like they are "heating up" towards the end. But Vancouver lost Vanek on a trade, and Boeser is injured for rest of the season. Those are huge blows and they will be losing like Wings until the end. I think we will end up 2nd-3rd worst.
Totally agree, I can possibly see us falling #1 more spot to #29 overall possibly either Buffalo or Arizona just pass us by.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
0-9-1 over the last 10? That's some mighty fine tanking, boys.

Anyway, the last 2 years have hopefully proven to management that this roster is hot garbage.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
“Dahlin to Detroit” just kinda has a ring to it, doesn’t it?

It's fun to know the odds are actually reasonable that it happens. Right now looking at about a 10% chance at #1. Not amazing, but damn, I'll take it.

After the Cousins news, if Detroit gets Dahlin you're poised for the perfect off-season hype train. Well, you know, aside from the teams actually winning titles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->