Speculation: 2017 - 2018 Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Michael Leighton assigned to Tucson.

I guess Vegas (Chicago AHL) doesn't need him on loan anymore now that their goalies are healthy?

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Just realized something.
There were 6 seasons between playoff teams in the playoff drought in the 00's.

This season marks the 6th season for this drought :dunce:

Good job all around everybody.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Just realized something.
There were 6 seasons between playoff teams in the playoff drought in the 00's.

This season marks the 6th season for this drought :dunce:

Good job all around everybody.
Please don't everyone yell at me but man that run to the semis seems like just a couple years ago, time really does fly.

Reactions: zz

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
What can be done?

Stale coach lost the room. Tired leadership group with too much losing baggage. Replaced them all. Brought in premier players from premier markets with a ton of wins under their belts. Out with the old, in with the new. Add Stepan, Raanta, Hjalmarsson and Demers. Tocchet with heaps of recent success and experience with a top organization. Yet it's been a complete catastrophe. Nothing had worked out. Everything is failing miserably. Complete and utter implosion.

Where do you even begin to start? I feel like there's no way out of this. Trade all the vets? Again? Fire all the coaches? Again? Replace the GM? Again? Everything has been tried. Nothing has worked.

Why shouldn't I just give up and walk away?

Reactions: Yandover and CC96

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
What can be done?

Stale coach lost the room. Tired leadership group with too much losing baggage. Replaced them all. Brought in premier players from premier markets with a ton of wins under their belts. Out with the old, in with the new. Add Stepan, Raanta, Hjalmarsson and Demers. Tocchet with heaps of recent success and experience with a top organization. Yet it's been a complete catastrophe. Nothing had worked out. Everything is failing miserably. Complete and utter implosion.

Where do you even begin to start? I feel like there's no way out of this. Trade all the vets? Again? Fire all the coaches? Again? Replace the GM? Again? Everything has been tried. Nothing has worked.

Why shouldn't I just give up and walk away?

I'm hoping for a big second half of the season. Hesitantly.

I also look at the Av's last year, and this year. Sure they arent a playoff team, but they have had significant improvement without any major moves (outside of losing a top 6 center). My only hope for this team is that it faced the perfect shit storm this year and that next will be better if we stay the course. Snakebitten players, historically bad start, players still learning the NHL, players learning a new system and ownership in dumpsterfire status. Come out the gate with a repeat season like this may get me to follow a franchise that actually has decent ownership, you know the type of franchise that doesnt stress you out on days when you just need an escape.

I'm hanging in there, for now.

Reactions: Heldig

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Ugh, dont know how I feel about Strome going back down. Part of me doesnt want him in the muck that is this season, but I also feel like another 2 weeks wouldnt have hurt either.

Either way hope he goes back to tearing up the A

rt

May 13, 2004
I'm hoping for a big second half of the season. Hesitantly.

I also look at the Av's last year, and this year. Sure they arent a playoff team, but they have had significant improvement without any major moves (outside of losing a top 6 center). My only hope for this team is that it faced the perfect **** storm this year and that next will be better if we stay the course. Snakebitten players, historically bad start, players still learning the NHL, players learning a new system and ownership in dumpsterfire status. Come out the gate with a repeat season like this may get me to follow a franchise that actually has decent ownership, you know the type of franchise that doesnt stress you out on days when you just need an escape.

I'm hanging in there, for now.

I think you're right. The correct answer is to just wait. Let the season play out and try to continue trusting the process and being patient for another off-season. See how it goes next year is the answer. It's tough because of the last five years of hair-pulling and teeth gnashing under the Tippett regime. That doesn't have anything to do with the new team. There's nothing left of that legacy, really. This is truly a Year One (not like the perpetual 1st years Tippett was given for infinity). Tough to be patient at this point, even though patience is what is clearly required.

Having said that, I'm not sure I actually have the patience for it. If we don't win one of the first two draft picks at the lottery, I don't think I'm going to be able to hang on. I need more hope that what our current pile of hope stacks up to. Strome is a coin toss. Domi and Duclair are both disappointing in their own ways this season also. That bright future is looking so much rockier than I ever imagined. I have to have Dahlin or Svechnikov to remain invested at this point.

Reactions: Yandover

AZviaNJ

Setbacks, no Defeats
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Ugh, dont know how I feel about Strome going back down. Part of me doesnt want him in the muck that is this season, but I also feel like another 2 weeks wouldnt have hurt either.

Either way hope he goes back to tearing up the A
Agree. Shouldn't have been recalled after 15 AHL games, shouldn't be sent down after 9 NHL games. Hope he finishes the year in Tucson at this point.

rt

May 13, 2004
Archibald headed to the Coyotes, Strome sent down.

I can just picture the conversation now:

Tocchet: *Knock Knock*
Chayka: "Come on in Rick. What's up?"
Tocchet: "John Boy! I've been thinking about getting stickier as you know and I have the perfect solution!"
Chayka: *Stops typing mid-pivot table, lowers glasses, looks into Tocchet's eyes over the rims*
Chayka: "Tell me more..."

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”
I can just picture the conversation now:

Tocchet: *Knock Knock*
Chayka: "Come on in Rick. What's up?"
Tocchet: "John Boy! I've been thinking about getting stickier as you know and I have the perfect solution!"
Chayka: *Stops typing mid-pivot table, lowers glasses, looks into Tocchet's eyes over the rims*
Chayka: "Tell me more..."

This exchange made me wildly uncomfortable. After hours sticky sesh in the GM's office. Gnarly.

That being said, with the exception of Keller breakout this is probably the most deflating year of Coyotes hockey ever.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I agree with RT. It defies logic. What other org brings in top players with established histories of success and a coach who was widely considered by the hockey establishment to be a solid pick only for it to implode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->