Keller - Dvorak - Duclair
Cruise - Cousins - Fischer
Ronaldo - Kempe - Martinook

OEL - Hjalmarsson
Connauton - Demers
Goligoski - Schenn
Clendening

Richardson not on ice this morning.

How much did we play Real Madrid for the transfer?

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Sam Reinhart’s name is floating around the rumour mill.

Right handed center. Obvious chemistry with Domi and Duclair. And a nice fill in up the middle with Strome in the minors.

Reinhart has struggled to start the year. Buffalo may be less attached to him now that they’re under a new GM.

Any interest? What’s the price tag?

Edit: He has 2 points (both goals) to start the year. Thought it was just 1 assist so far.

Last edited:

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona

Right handed center. Obvious chemistry with Domi and Duclair. And a nice fill in up the middle with Strome in the minors.

Reinhart has struggled to start the year. One assist. His only point. Buffalo may be less attached to him now that they’re under a new GM.

Struggling to start the year? What are you talking about? Sam Reinhart controls the entire Buffalo offense alone, with the psychic powers of his mind. He's the only reason Eichel's scoring above PPG.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.

Reinhart has struggled to start the year. One assist. His only point. Buffalo may be less attached to him now that they’re under a new GM.

Price tag is the big question - for the right price its probably worth exploring. Having said that - why is he ***tting the bed in Buffalo?

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen

Probably Chychrun

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I don't think Reinhart is a center. He's played the same number of NHL games as Martinook (170-175) and has only 430 FOs compared to Martinook's 1,100. Reinhart has only won 35% of them. So as much as Martinook is not sometimes a center, Reinhart is so much less so.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I don't think Reinhart is a center. He's played the same number of NHL games as Martinook (170-175) and has only 430 FOs compared to Martinook's 1,100. Reinhart has only won 35% of them. So as much as Martinook is not sometimes a center, Reinhart is so much less so.

What about playing Reinhart at RW? We're short on right-handed shots.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
What about playing Reinhart at RW? We're short on right-handed shots.

Dvorak is woefully uninspiring this season. Stepan isn't getting younger. In two years, we're going to be so center poor if we trade Strome for a winger. We might be anyway of Strome busts.

We're likely got another top five to ten pick this draft. The only center I see solidly in that range is Veleno, who I don't see as a top line player anyway, and is just 1/10 kids in that range. It's D like Dahlin, Boqvist, and Hughes. And wingers like Svechnikov, Tkachuk, and Zadina. So point is, there isn't a center solution for us in this draft.

If we win the 1st overall pick, we pretty much have to put OEL on the auction block and announce to the league that the best center offered gets him. If that happens, feel free to deal Strome for a right winger.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Don't sleep on Oliver Wahlstrom. McLeod could work his way into the top 10 pretty easily, too. He's better than his brother. I've got my eyes on a few others who can probably be had in the later 1st but project as top 6 centers.

At any rate, I don't see a center in this draft ready to make an impact right away.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Isn't Wahlstrom a winger?

He plays both. Similar package to Mittelstadt last year, though not quite as skilled. He's got the size, mobility and smarts to play center down the road, though.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
While its cocerning that Dvo doesnt look like a top 6, he started off slowish last year too. I'm not terribly worried about him finding consistancy and his scoring touch soon. He is still getting minutes, so maybe he is more focused on the defensive side of RT's system right now. Still need him to wake up, but only 6 games in.

I also want to see if Tocc plays Keller at center like he mentioned he was thinking about. We have options, and I think we should go with a defenseman in the draft regardless if Dvo and Strome dont look great this year. NYR and Minnesota have always been competitive by having depth at wing and defense and no true top center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->