Prospect Info: 2017-2018 Prospect Stats and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Benson is injured again(groin) and will not be playing...

It's a shame but he's had this injury on and off for a long time now, gotta think it might be chronic and a career ender.

I'm pretty much done with this player. Just can't stay healthy.

GrinningBuddha

Nov 22, 2010
He's skating again. Not sure where this "new injury" rumor cropped up but he is still doing rehab on his hernia. Here's an article from July 30 that goes into more detail: https://www.nhl.com/news/edmonton-oilers-tyler-benson-hoping-to-stay-healthy/c-290528704

From the article:

Benson said he expects to be healthy in time for training camp in September and hopes to get his development back on track.

Development camp was the hardest Benson has skated since his surgery, and he said he was apprehensive about pushing himself.

"It (development camp) was a little tentative at first because in the back of your head, you know it's still there, you're always thinking about it, wondering if it's going to come back," he said. "But it felt good. We're still rehabbing. I still have to keep working on things, but it's feeling good."

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
I think Phil Kemp will play in the televised games. Should be interesting to see what he brings.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Skinner just let in a stinker. Brutal turnover before that though.

I didn't think it was bad enough to call it a "stinker"...he stopped the guy on a partial breakaway, but the rebound got away from him and Turkulainen corralled it and tucked in a nice backhand deke to cash in.

His rebound control could've been better as Turkulainen's initial shot wasn't that hard (though it was a backhand which can be tricky to track), but it's not like he let in a wrist shot from center ice or something. The turnover by McLeod that started the whole mess was far worse.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I didn't think it was bad enough to call it a "stinker"...he stopped the guy on a partial breakaway, but the rebound got away from him and Turkulainen corralled it and tucked in a nice backhand deke to cash in.

His rebound control could've been better as Turkulainen's initial shot wasn't that hard (though it was a backhand which can be tricky to track), but it's not like he let in a wrist shot from center ice or something. The turnover by McLeod that started the whole mess was far worse.

He almost fell over. Not a good goal, bounced back very nicely though. Had a few key stops.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
How bad is Canadas D? Every highlight I see of the tourny they are getting torched

They've been bad today.

So Canada changing goalies halfway through the game Wells in now. Skinner wasn't good 4 goals on 11 shots, 2 of which were bad goals IMO the other two were really tough to stop.

Keep in mind this is a summer training camp. I will put zero stock in this tournament. Especially for goalies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
How bad is Canadas D? Every highlight I see of the tourny they are getting torched

Canada has had some pretty mediocre (by their standards) junior classes in recent years.

No real stud d-men or forwards. Iffy goaltending.

By contrast the US is really coming on and the NTDP is reaping huge rewards right now.

Canada needs to step up its game or we're going to see a legitimate challenge in best-on-best at the men's level pretty quick. It's already tilting in their favour on the women's side.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Rasanen just made a beauty pass to Kuokanen to tie the game with 20 seconds left.

Wells was perfect in his half of the game, looked really sharp, up until that point. Had no chance on the goal.

OT starts now.

Fun game today.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Canada wins.

Wells was very solid, Rasanen looked good too (very very smart), Skinner struggled.

Yamamoto and Kemp up next. SO PUMPED.

Yamamoto will wear #3, Kemp #8.

Kemp will be paired with J.D Greenway and Yam will play on his typical line with Mittelstadt and Brown. They've been lethal this week.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
If we're gonna draft another midget next year I'd like it to be Quinn Hughes. What a player he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad