Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Svoboda unsigned so we lose his rights. Not a loss but an intriguing prospect

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Fire Chiarelli. Best goalie prospect in the system WALKS!?!?

I drafted Maxim Zhukov 3rd round in the mock draft if it makes you feel better, haha.

Assuming sarcasm. With Brossoit, Ellis, Wells, Starret, and Laurikainen, we have a pretty healthy goalie prospect stable.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
I drafted Maxim Zhukov 3rd round in the mock draft if it makes you feel better, haha.

Assuming sarcasm. With Brossoit, Ellis, Wells, Starret, and Laurikainen, we have a pretty healthy goalie prospect stable.

Yeah, I'm certainly not complaining. From this point forward, pick up a goalie prospect every other year, be it draft or NCAA etc. Picking up Timmins would stabilize our defense pipeline (I'd selfishly grab a Yamamoto/Thomas) or trade down for one of Boqvist/Lind/Lodnia.

We have a young forward core, but our forward pipeline is still lacking.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
Svoboda unsigned so we lose his rights. Not a loss but an intriguing prospect

Why do we lose his rights? Wasn't he drafted out of europe thus making the window to sign him four years from the draft not two. Is it different because he was an overager?

drewshoo

Feb 26, 2014
Lethbridge
Devlopment Camp

Does anyone know what dates this years development camp will be running? I looked on the Oilers site and can't come up with anything.

Last edited:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Ostap Safin was just selected by St. John Sea Dogs in the CHL Import Draft, not sure if that'll sway him over or not.

I don't think it's ideal.

Solid team with a pretty good developmental record, but they're at the end of a competitive window. I think their starting goalie and 11 of their top 12 scorers are graduating, so they likely won't be a great team.

It would basically be him and Joe Veleno(potential top 5 pick next year).

suddeninterest

Aug 19, 2014
Ostap Safin was just selected by St. John Sea Dogs in the CHL Import Draft, not sure if that'll sway him over or not.

It's a good organization but I'm not sure if they will actually be a good team for the next couple years. 2017 QMJHL Champions but are losing a lot of their best players, especially on D with Chabot and Zboril (probably) leaving. He may get a chance to play with Veleno who will most likely be a top 10-15 pick next year. On one hand he will get a better chance to play than the last couple years there, but less talent overall.

He did say he would like to go to North America and I think SJ is one of the better overall organizations so imo he plays for them.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005

Why not?

He'll get to play with Veleno and be part of a solid organization.

Their window may have closed, but the Sea Dogs have a good track record of developing players.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Getting top line minutes with Veleno has to be a big positive, no? Didn't he get exceptional player status? Must have SOME skill.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Not sure if its been mentioned... after what looks like a horrible year in Saginaw, Niemelainen is headed back to Finland.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I would suspect we'll see him fade into obscurity. Likely won't be offered a contract.

I wouldn't say that necessarily. Still has two years before he needs a contract and Saginaw was a tire fire. Developing at home might be the best thing for him, and he'll still be at rookie camp this weekend.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Hi everyone!

I was hoping that you'd be able to help me out. I am currently running a fantasy game on the Rangers board. Based on how a prospect is described on HF (i.e. you need to play a certain number of games in the NHL to be considered graduated) I need a list of your teams top 10 prospects if you don't include players drafted in the entry draft this year.

Would you be able to provide me a list of your top prospects prior to this years entry draft, I would really help me out for my game.

Thanks in advance!

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Hi everyone!

I was hoping that you'd be able to help me out. I am currently running a fantasy game on the Rangers board. Based on how a prospect is described on HF (i.e. you need to play a certain number of games in the NHL to be considered graduated) I need a list of your teams top 10 prospects if you don't include players drafted in the entry draft this year.

Would you be able to provide me a list of your top prospects prior to this years entry draft, I would really help me out for my game.

Thanks in advance!

Prior to this draft?

IMO:

Puljujarvi
Jones
Benson
Bear
Brossoit
Khaira
Paigin
Gambardella
Ellis