2017-2018 Playoff Avatar Discussion and Poll

Survey Says.......

• Total voters

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Cheat codes aren't really a thing any more either. I grade that concept a meh. Don't hate it but could be better and more relevant to the Lightning. That mockup one could be a lot cleaner and easier to read, too.

Tampa Bay Rangers is a far more relevant joke and would get a lot of main board laughs, but I agree it's limited as far as how far we can take it.

Wizard Yzerman could be fun. Just consider all the things main boards were wrong about and how we can make them eat crow.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Well, we haven't won a GI call all year, right? We could do the whole collusion meme with Yzerman as Robert Mueller and Gary Bettman as Trump. Instead of election interference it can be goaltender interference.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Cheat codes aren't really a thing any more either. I grade that concept a meh. Don't hate it but could be better and more relevant to the Lightning. That mockup one could be a lot cleaner and easier to read, too.

Tampa Bay Rangers is a far more relevant joke and would get a lot of main board laughs, but I agree it's limited as far as how far we can take it.

Wizard Yzerman could be fun. Just consider all the things main boards were wrong about and how we can make them eat crow.

Cleaner and easier to read you say?

39099025250_e91f61545f_o.gif

I agree Wizard Yzerman could be a lot of fun.

Cheat Codes, Wizard, or Ruh Roh Are my votes.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I have no idea how the hell I came up with this but maybe "Cigar City Mafia" and our guys get gangster names? It would be an ode to the history of Tampa

Machine Gun Stamkos
Babyface Point
Bugsy Kucherov
Don Vinik
Boss Yzerman

Reactions: Hoek and DMXATF23

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Thought -

Panel 1 - Yzerman trades Drouin for Sergachev

Panel 2 -
2siutn1lemk01.gif

Panel 3 - Lightning Playoffs 2018

Can be used for most of the team. Point in the Third Round. Kucherov second round/cheap contract. Hedman Contract. Stamkos discount. Gourde Undrafted FA. McDonagh Trade. Miller as a throw in producing well. Etc. Etc. Etc.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Thought -

Panel 2 -
artworks-000203206908-h2j752-t500x500.jpg

Shop in Viniks or coopers face saying “you’re a wizard Stevie”.

Can be used for most of the team. Point in the Third Round. Kucherov second round/cheap contract. Hedman Contract. Stamkos discount. Gourde Undrafted FA. McDonagh Trade. Miller as a throw in producing well. Etc. Etc. Etc.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Thought -

Panel 2 -
2siutn1lemk01.gif

I actually like that a lot. We could use our players too. I'd go with "Kucherov burns Holtby again"

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
One more vote for "HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!!"

There is so much opportunity there. We'd win best avi hands down with that theme because of humor potential.

"Kucherov faked Holtby again"
"Budaj lets in another softie"
"Dumb penalty by Coburn"
"Give up another PPG"
"Forced pass to Stamkos"
"Kuch extends scoring lead"
"Sustr on the ice again"

And we can make positive ones about Yzerman too

Last edited:

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Thought -

Panel 2 -
2siutn1lemk01.gif

I loooooooooooove this idea :laugh:

I don't know if there's any way to make the BitConnect meme into playoff avatars because I have no imagination but that's my favourite out of the more recent memes.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->