2017-2018 News Around The NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
after that showing against the cryers he deserves it. the team must have tuned him out. he'll get another job. in reality he's a good coach as long as he doesn't lose his team.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Too bad sure the Coach is always the frist you fireing, but the Cap Handling in the Rangers Organisation was bad. They lost a Player year over year only for the matter to re-sign a younger Player.
And now till the Team getting older and try to rebuild a new Rangers Team, they put everything on full reset. But i hold him for one of the better coaches in the League, dont expect to long without a Job.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Wild not renewing Fletcher's contract.

I could see a major shakeup happening.
Their contract situation doesn't really allow it though (many good, but not great players, what are you realistically going to bring back in a trade for those guys?) and they haven't drafted well enough to fix their depth issues internally.

I think they should just fully commit to a rebuild, the team is already not that good and they're going to be worse when Koivu & Staal are done in a couple years time. Boudreau probably gets fired midway through next season.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Their contract situation doesn't really allow it though (many good, but not great players, what are you realistically going to bring back in a trade for those guys?) and they haven't drafted well enough to fix their depth issues internally.

I think they should just fully commit to a rebuild, the team is already not that good and they're going to be worse when Koivu & Staal are done in a couple years time. Boudreau probably gets fired midway through next season.

I don't know how you even do a rebuild. Those deals with Parise and Sutter are unmoveable anchors. I doubt Koivu wants to go anywhere either anymore having been there his whole life & at the end of his career.

I'd targer someone like Spurgeron if we are talking top 4 d. Have always been a fan.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Yeah, the Wild have been the definition of mediocre. They have not been past the second round of the playoffs in Fletcher's tenure. Yeah, they make the playoffs, but they have been getting bounced early for many seasons now. It was probably time for a change in direction.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I don't know how you even do a rebuild. Those deals with Parise and Sutter are unmoveable anchors. I doubt Koivu wants to go anywhere either anymore having been there his whole life & at the end of his career.

I'd targer someone like Spurgeron if we are talking top 4 d. Have always been a fan.
You're right that the vets are staying, but they could try to move Granlund, Nino, Dumba, Spurgeon and maybe a couple others for lesser players (+ picks and prospects obviously) & hope that the roster is bad enough that they finish at least in the bottom 6-8.

With Parise & Suter they just gotta hope the new CBA a few years down the line has amnesty buyouts (= doesn't count against the cap).

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
You're right that the vets are staying, but they could try to move Granlund, Nino, Dumba, Spurgeon and maybe a couple others for lesser players (+ picks and prospects obviously) & hope that the roster is bad enough that they finish at least in the bottom 6-8.

That would be pretty crazy imo, basically giving up any chance of winning it with this core. I know that's what probably should be done, but none of the old vets would agree and would be a total slap in the face for them. I can't see it happening.

Guys like Zucker, Coyle or one of the D probably will be traded and try to shake things up.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Minny's vets have had their chances regardless whether they were any good or bad... It's not about them or the mid-tier players (Granlund, Nieder, Dumba, Spur, Coyle, Zucker) anymore but instead about Kunin, Erikson, Sokolov, Kaprizov. They need couple of big twoway defensemen and bottom6 prospects, and they are good to compete in about 3-5 years. No one is going to claim that Fletcher needed more time with this group or any of their current top players needed more time to adjust to the NHL etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->