2017-2018 liiga talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
Kärpät wins HIFK in overtime 3-4.
Extremely lousy 3rd period cost win for HIFK tonight.

Based on the comments by Ruutu+ studio team HIFK looked tonight cocky and arrogant.
If there is some attitude problems in HIFK's locker room and team hopefully those problems will be gone immediately. IF HIFK plays in Saturday like they did tonight Kärpät will crush HIFK in saturday¨s game.

Agreed. Total car crash the third period and Waheeb and Ari Vallin seemed a little ahead of themselves although I generally like them.

If Kärpät take the win Saturday in Oulu then I'm not so confident IFK can tie the series back in Nordis.

Crocoduck

Mar 3, 2013
Peterborough, Ont.
Can anyone here help me out, I've been searching for a way to order an IFK jersey online and it's near impossible. I tried their official site, but there's nothing smaller than an XL. Is that as small as they make? Any info would be much appreciated.

Toro2017

Sep 14, 2017
Can anyone here help me out, I've been searching for a way to order an IFK jersey online and it's near impossible. I tried their official site, but there's nothing smaller than an XL. Is that as small as they make? Any info would be much appreciated.

If you want an authentic jersey, then it seems to be, that XL is the smallest option, but if you take that fan jersey (not authentic), then you can get as small as S. I have no idea how small they actually are. You can also get a fan jersey for kids.

Crocoduck

Mar 3, 2013
Peterborough, Ont.
Thanks for the info and links. The fan option seems the best route, seeing as the authenic would run me $400+ Canadian and that's before shipping. One more question, I'm not seeing an option to customize the jersey, do they only sell blank fan jerseys?

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
Tänään!

Getting nervous for IFK. I think the game is going to be a cracker as has the series. Ari-Pekka Selin should be coach of the year if he get's them to the final considering how bad the start of the season began.

Toro2017

Sep 14, 2017
Thanks for the info and links. The fan option seems the best route, seeing as the authenic would run me $400+ Canadian and that's before shipping. One more question, I'm not seeing an option to customize the jersey, do they only sell blank fan jerseys?

Yes, you can customize it. The blank fan jersey is 75€ and fan jersey with name and number is 95€. Name and number is to be added in additional information (=lisätietoja in finnish) .

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Rautakorpi 2012-2015; silver, silver & silver.

Tapola 2015-2017; gold & gold.

Rautakorpi 2017-2018, silver?

Coincidence? :surrender

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
For a lack of a better thread, thought this was pretty interesting/weird/unusual. T. Kumeliauskas warming up in TPS hoodie today more than 2 years after playing the last game for them. Maybe some TPS fans will appreciate it, he really liked it there.

136fa9592317e09f45aab50365b766ce.jpg

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
Kärpät are collapsing, strangely. The IFK series is hardly an excuse since they were up three against Tappara.

I've been checking this series on and off so game six I'll be tuned in completely.

As someone posted earlier it's been a crap-shoot.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Rautakorpi 2012-2015; silver, silver & silver.

Tapola 2015-2017; gold & gold.

Rautakorpi 2017-2018, silver?

Coincidence? :surrender
Slight correction, forgot that Rautakorpi had that stint in the KHL and Tapola took over for 2014-15 already.

Sanf

Sep 8, 2012
Slight correction, forgot that Rautakorpi had that stint in the KHL and Tapola took over for 2014-15 already.

Yeah. Overall 6 silvers and one gold from his Liiga career. I remember that some newspaper called Kulta-Jukka´s return when he came back to Tappara this season. Bit misleading.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

Have to say I'm surprised that a perennial contender like JYP would hire a guy who has zero Liiga coaching experience.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
So, what's the deal with Liiga pre-season? I'll be in town at the end of August, and I'd like to catch the Pelicans game against HV-71, but I can't find the ''Osta liput'' link for any pre-season games. Are these games gate only? Season ticket holder only? Are they free?

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Seems as though Liiga is switching from Ruutu to Telia? I had no problem signing up and paying for a Ruutu account but it looks like Telia requires a Finnish phone number or bank. Is that right? I loved watching Liiga, would be a bit upset if that's over for me.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Seems as though Liiga is switching from Ruutu to Telia? I had no problem signing up and paying for a Ruutu account but it looks like Telia requires a Finnish phone number or bank. Is that right? I loved watching Liiga, would be a bit upset if that's over for me.

Yeah, not possible to register without Finnish bank account or phone number.

It's a complete mess of a site right now, even as a Finn I had huge troubles signing up.

Reactions: KillEmAll83

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
So, what's the deal with Liiga pre-season? I'll be in town at the end of August, and I'd like to catch the Pelicans game against HV-71, but I can't find the ''Osta liput'' link for any pre-season games. Are these games gate only? Season ticket holder only? Are they free?

Local R-Kioskis usually sell the tickets to pre season games. You can buy the ticket from the gate too since the games are often half empty.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
You could try to email them, I'd think they'll make exceptions for abroad viewers since how are international non-Finnish NHL scouts meant to watch the games?

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Yeah, not possible to register without Finnish bank account or phone number.

It's a complete mess of a site right now, even as a Finn I had huge troubles signing up.

Yeah it was a bit of a hassle trying to figure out the site, especially because I'd never seen mobile or bank identification before.

You could try to email them, I'd think they'll make exceptions for abroad viewers since how are international non-Finnish NHL scouts meant to watch the games?

Thanks Soupy. I sent them an email yesterday about the possibility. The SHL broadcasts on a network that only has rights in Sweden and are very strict about it, so I'm hoping it's not the same thing.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Yeah it was a bit of a hassle trying to figure out the site, especially because I'd never seen mobile or bank identification before.

Telia has mainly sold mobile and internet plans/gadgets before and the site is clearly designed for that. Never seen anything so compilicated trying to sign up for a freaking streaming service. I had to actually visit the store to sign up, since the bank identification didn't work for some reason.

Wouldn't hold my breath on getting it it to work outside Finland, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad