2017-2018 liiga talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Good to see TPS rolling so well, we've had a rough time after the last championship. And the rumors of Juolevi joining in are getting strong, it's gonna be a very interesting season in Turku.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
https://hifk.fi/liiga/2017/nybondas-muutoksia-ifkn-urheilutoiminnassa/

HIFK will make changes their sport management.
GM Tom Nybondas will get transferred other duties and he's not GM after this season.

Priorities on HIFK's sport management changes are next.
Junior work
Player development
Scouting.
Possible affiliate team ( some Mestis team likely.)
Planning and developing practicing facilities.

Last edited:

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
At what point do we talk about possible favourites to win Kanada-malja?

I have a feeling TPS may clinch it this year although Kärpät and JYP are strong.

Tappara have surprised me after seeming invincible in CHL before the Liiga season began.

Ilves and HPK haven't be great despite predictions.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
TPS and Kärpät have overachieved so far IMO. Not saying they're bad teams, but they shouldn't be 1-2 in the standings.

Tappara will get their engine going eventually, or I'd be very surprised if they didn't. Tappara and JYP have a lot of depth, so they'll be able to withstand injuries better than the other top half teams.

Tappara/JYP
<small gap>
TPS/Kärpät/Lukko
<big gap>

The rest is a complete crapshoot.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Doesn't really matter even if Tappara won't get their engines going in the whole regular season, they will still be a guaranteed top 6 team and probably the favorites to win the cup, along with JYP. TPS still looks good even though we're already dealing with major injuries but the depth, especially at D, is a problem. Lukko and Kärpät are solid too, and people shouldn't underestimate Pelicans who can beat anybody on a good night.

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
Doesn't really matter even if Tappara won't get their engines going in the whole regular season, they will still be a guaranteed top 6 team and probably the favorites to win the cup, along with JYP. TPS still looks good even though we're already dealing with major injuries but the depth, especially at D, is a problem. Lukko and Kärpät are solid too, and people shouldn't underestimate Pelicans who can beat anybody on a good night.

I've always liked Pelicans, from their colours, history and that I have a friend from Lahti.

If, and it's a big if, Tappara crashed out, the whole play-offs would be wide open and I wouldn't be surprised if Pelicans at least made the final.

Last edited:

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
KalPa seem to to be suffering from a hangover after last season's final. Was losing their coach Pekka Virta the biggest factor in their slack season so far?

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Yes for now.

But Kahkonen's NHL draft selection expires next summer ( 4 yrs rule).
And wild will loss Kahkonen's player rights if they won't sign him.

I think they will re-sign him, even if they are set in goal at the moment, I don't think they have good goalie prospects other than Kaapo. I think Minnesota would be a good place for him to develop.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Anyone know why the goal in the 3rd period of HPK-Jukurit was called back? I watched the play again and can't figure it out and don't understand Finnish but the commentators sounded like they were confused too.

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
IFK will qualify for play-offs due to worse teams than them although an impressive win last night.

KalPa were awful, really flat. I feel for Kapanen and the fans.

What's happened to Ilves?

Icejoker

Sep 14, 2015
I see Sport has 7 straight losses , can they beat last years records when they have 10 ?

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
I was at the IFK-HPK game yesterday and I saw Engren was pulled after the first period and two conceded goals. Bäckström looked more assured and I think it showed in how they came back to win (Heiskanen was great).

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Hey guys. I just had a question about Jesper Lindgren who plays with HPK.
His point totals dont look great but sometimes they dont tell you everything. The team seems to be underperforming though. He seems to be getting a lot of ice time which is a good thing. He had a good season with Modo last year.
For people that watched him on a regular basis, how does he look? Do you think he has an NHL future? A brief outlook on how his season has went and analysis on him.
His draft scouting reports looked good at the time.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->